PDA

View Full Version : Anvik & Fall Training....pics

Glacier
09-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Anvik:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/whataboutme.jpg
"Hey, what about me? Don't I get to come too? Don't leave me in the porch!!" He's standing on the freezer!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/06/fallcolor.jpg
He got to come. That's Anvik in wheel(back) beside Chase. The other dogs are Pacer and Ozzy, Sundin and Paxil up front.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/anniegrin.jpg
"Thanks for letting me come!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/anniehugs.jpg
"Wanna a hug?". He gives great hugs!

Almita
09-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Aww how cute the first one was adorable! That face definetly makes you want to let it out of there. Great pictures thanks for sharing!

Toby's my baby
09-17-2006, 01:54 PM
He is so cute! Looks like he's fitting right in! I could use a hug! ;)

cmayer31
09-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I have to laugh when I think of Anvik standing and laying on the freezer. What an adorable goof!

Looks like the dogs are ready to go! How's Sundin doing in lead?

cyber-sibes
09-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I want a hug from him, too! He really is a beautiful boy, his face is so expressive. He looks good next to long-legged Chase! Being in the back, do they tend to "run over" the shorter dogs?

K9soul
09-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Oh just beautiful, I can almost smell the crisp fall air. Our trees are starting to turn here now, and dropping leaves. I can't believe summer is over! Anvik is such a handsome, handsome boy!

Ginger's Mom
09-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Anvik is soo cute. Well, he didn't waste any time fitting right in, did he? :)

Oooh, good question, Pat.

Glacier
09-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Looks like the dogs are ready to go! How's Sundin doing in lead?

Sundin has always been a lead dog. As long as I can catch him, he does great up front. Somedays he still prefers not to be caught though. He'll run other places in the team without arguing(some lead dogs won't). He runs exactly like his mother, Pingo. They have the same gait, same habits and same stregths. They both respond to commands, but their gift is as trail leaders. They both sense trail conditions and always seem to know the way home.

Glacier
09-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Being in the back, do they tend to "run over" the shorter dogs?

The gangline is set up so they can't overrun the dogs in front of them. No matter how hard they pull or how long their stride is, they can't catch the dogs in front. The only time that happens is if I really screw up! It's the musher's job to keep the main line tight and prevent the sled from hitting the dogs and the dogs from getting tangled.

The wheel dogs tend to be very powerful dogs. The leaders make the initial turns, but the wheel dogs make turning the sled much easier(if they do their job properly!) Wheel can be a scary place for some dogs--too close to the sled. It's the only place Chase will run. He's a Momma's boy. Farther up he gets worried and tries to turn so he can see me. Anvik has so far run every where but lead with no problems. I might try him beside Paxil soon.

Bengalz
09-17-2006, 04:59 PM
They are all so irresistible :D Anvik has stolen my heart - I'm a sucker for cuddles and hugs and that boy sure knows how to dish :D I think he is a happy camper and loves to be with you and your gang :)

Great shots!

Betty

Chilli
09-17-2006, 05:20 PM
All of the dogs are absolutely gorgeous, I can never get enough of them. Their smiles are contagious. =)

Ginger's Mom
09-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks for explaining that Glacier. I thought since you don't really run your team for speed anyway it probably didn't matter. I love learning new things. :) (Of course, if I am at work when I learn something new, I tell everyone it means I can go home now. ;) ).

MajesticCollies
09-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Ahhh I bet you can feel the sled season coming. How I would love to experience the Sled!!!!!

Queen of Poop
09-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Looks like Anvik hasn't just stolen the Pet Talkers hearts, but yours too!!!

Love the photos, looks like you're all having so much fun!!!

finn's mom
09-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I love the hug picture. He's so handsome, he really stands out with his light colored coat!

sanford8916
09-18-2006, 09:51 AM
How many sled dogs do you have?

RobiLee
09-18-2006, 10:05 AM
I love Anvik!

Awww, it's sledding time. Can't wait to see all those beautiful snow shots that you get. Do the dogs seem to get more wound up when the cooler weather starts arriving? Tori seems to love the cooler weather and has started waking me up in the middle of the night just so that she can go lay on the cold concrete patio.

Glacier
09-18-2006, 11:43 AM
How many sled dogs do you have?

I have 24 dogs, including Anvik who is technically a foster dog. 16 of the dogs pull. The other eight are retired or never wanted to be working dogs.

Glacier
09-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Do the dogs seem to get more wound up when the cooler weather starts arriving?

Yup! They are much more active and noisier as it gets cooler. Another sure sign that winter is coming....Bandit wants to sleep in the house. He hasn't come in all summer for more than an hour at a time(his choice, he's allowed in whenever he wants). As soon as it started to freeze at night, Bandit reclaimed the papasan chair as his bed!

lizbud
09-18-2006, 12:41 PM
I didn't know about Anvik, but after looking I found his intro thread. Don't
know how I missed it the first time. :o He's a cutie.I'm so glad he seems to
be doing so well with you. :) Anvik couldn't have found a better friend.

ramanth
09-18-2006, 01:12 PM
I loved the photos! I want a hug by Anvik. :)

zoey
09-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Woohoo! Anvik was so happy to go!
Love the pic. of the dogs all geared up!
They're an amazing looking bunch!