PDA

View Full Version : I must share a story with you...

mypoodle
09-17-2006, 12:55 AM
I saw the thread where someone saved a little kitten and I have to share my story with you.

While on my way to class last week, there was a tiny kitten in the middle of the highway. I was going to stop and get it but there was a lot of traffic.

I sped up and passed it and looked for a place to turn around, And at the same time I was trying to talk myself out of going back because the kitty was most likely hit by a vehicle while I was trying to find a spot to turn around. Then I'd start crying and have red swollen eyes when I went to class.

Anyway---I turn around and put my emergency blinkers on and start slowing down about a 1/2 mile before I get to the kitten. I see it sitting on the yellow line in the middle of the highway. It's alive! I stopped and waited a few seconds for a break in the traffic, then got out of my car and rushed to the poor little thing.

Imagine my surprise when the kitty turned out to be a stuffed toy kitty. :rolleyes:

Catty1
09-17-2006, 08:59 AM
ROFL!

I wonder if someone put it there - you know, like some people glue a penny to the ground and watch while people try to pick it up.

But what a good heart you have - and I am glad it wasn't a real kitten!

Hey - it won't EAT much! :) And litter training is a breeze!

Bless you - there may be another time, you never know.

Cinder & Smoke
09-17-2006, 09:17 AM
:)

That was good practice for the Real Thing. ;)

You have a Good Heart.

Oh, and **WELCOME** to Pet Talk!

:D

Randi
09-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Welcome to PT! :) Glad to hear you tried to rescue the "kitten". Probably a kid who dropped it out of a window. As Cinder & Smoke says, it's good practise though. ;)

mypoodle
09-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I think a kid might have dropped it out of a car window. :rolleyes:

As for practice darting through traffic---I've had a lot of practice :cool: .

Where I live, there are commercial chicken houses all over the place, and a processing plant :( . When the Tyson trucks transport the chickens, some of them fall out on the highway. Usually, they're killed when they fall from the truck, but sometimes they're alive and I ALWAYS stop and get them. I've rescued about 8 or 10, nursed them back to health then take them to my moms where they can run around and eat bugs. I've only had one to die---a rooster.

Sophia
09-18-2006, 03:19 PM
:)
Believe it or not, that's how I rescued my first cat, driving down the highway. We stopped quickly. She was laying on the medium between north and south bound traffic. So, you never know.

She made a cat lover out of my husband and I. So, something good can come of it, other then finding a scared hungry kitty a loving and safe home.

That was a wonderful thing that you did!

moosmom
09-23-2006, 09:35 AM
What a wonderful story, Mypoodle! I never knew chickens fall from the trucks. I see those trucks all the time and feel so sorry for those poor things. Good for you to rescue them and adopt them!!