PDA

View Full Version : Update on Cody.

slleipnir
05-31-2002, 01:37 PM
On may 30th, Cody seemed to perk up, he was playing with his ball and everything. Cody died early this morning. I'm in tears telling you this, and I only met him a few times a long time ago. He was the sweetest dog, and his owner is devistated. She says she still sees him when she looks outside laying on the step, and she even went to fill his dish with water. Me and my other friend found out this morning from someone else when we heard a "KC come to the office" As soon as we found out, we went to her house and she came out with tears in her eyes..I had tears in my eyes. He was only 7 too..they dont know if its kidney failure or a tumer...Its been a sad day..and I hope she always remembers the good times with her beautiful dog.. He was said to have died in his sleep (he was sprawled out..don't member but someoone tld me it ment he died in his sleep) We plan to make her some sort of thing about cody and give it to her..Sorry to post depressing news but I thought you might want to know.

pupper-lover
05-31-2002, 02:35 PM
I'm sorry to here about poor Cody.

My parents have a Cody, too. He is an eight year old lab-dalmation. I've watched him get old and fat and his black fur turn white. It is sad.

I know that, in the past, my family has been haunted after the deaths of our furry family members. When my Golden, Ginger, died, I had to sleep with the light on for a month. Our house was so empty without her. Last year, our cat, Toonces, died. My mother had a dream about her, as she did every time one of our cats died. In the dreams, the cats were all happy and sitting in the sunshine. They just came back for a final goodbye.

Cody is now playing in a beautiful place with Ginger, Toonces, Casey, Mixie, and all the wonderful animals we have all lost.

tatsxxx11
05-31-2002, 03:34 PM
Oh Audrey, I am so sad and sorry to read this. I'm crying too. My heart is breaking for your friend. He was such a young doggie.:( But I take some comfort in knowing that sweet Cody is longer suffering. From your previous posts, it sounded as though he was very ill. Please let your friend know that I am thinking of her and sending her my prayers and my hope that in time her pain will lessen and her heart be filled with the many wonderful days they shared. I know having you there will of great comfort to her. I'm so, so sorry:( Cody was, I am sure, a very beautiful doggie and a very loving companion. Bless you sweet Cody. Love, Sandra

ramanth
05-31-2002, 03:41 PM
Audrey, I'm so sorry to hear about Cody. :( :(

Send your friend all my sympathies.

(((HUGS)))

slleipnir
05-31-2002, 04:47 PM
I will, thanks for you support.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-31-2002, 04:56 PM
:( I'm so sorry about Cody. My prayers are with you and your friend. At least Cody is no longer in pain. Maybe someday, your friend will feel like giving another dog a wonderful home. I sometimes think that is what our loved pets would want. So many need good loving homes, I think our pets would want to share the good fortune they enjoyed by extending it to another needy animal.

slleipnir
05-31-2002, 06:39 PM
She said shes not ready for another dog, but she prob will sometime when she moves out. He was a very happy dog, and he got lots of love, attention, walks, toys, everything. He couldn't have had a better home. I'm happy he's had a happy life. Apearintly, if it was kidney failure then the organs shut down so the dog would be in no pain the last few hrs of his life..Not as much anyway..I stil get shivers down my spine thinking "Cody's dead" Hes not even my dog and It hasn't sunk in yet..Rest well old buddy :] You'll always be remembered and loved by everyone who knew you.

sammi
05-31-2002, 07:38 PM
Sympathy is sent to you and your friend. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Stenograsaurus
05-31-2002, 08:52 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Cody. Please know and let your friends know that they will have a lot of people praying for them tonight. I just lost my cat in April to kidney failure. It's amazing how fast it takes them. :( I hope you can find comfort in knowing that the pain is now gone and Cody is running free and waiting for your friend's arrival at the wonderful Rainbow Bridge.

L-A.
06-01-2002, 06:45 PM
I'm so sorry... I just lost three kitties in a week due to a virus that was brought into my house... I suggest a tribute to Rainbow Bridge, it helps just knowing you will see them again...

Love & Hugs

L-A., Classy & Stash

twirlbird
06-01-2002, 06:58 PM
There is a happy ending to this sad fate. KC and family are taking in a puppy that couldnt find a family. I know Cody is across the rainbow bridge smilin away. Hopefully, this dog will mend their broken hearts.

slleipnir
06-01-2002, 07:41 PM
She is? Thats great :] I don't mean to say she should forget Cody, but I think the new pup might help the aching in her heart.

anna_66
06-01-2002, 10:07 PM
Such sad news to hear. I'm very sorry.:(

slleipnir
06-02-2002, 10:52 AM
Me and Caitlin (twirlbird) are going to try to get Cody into being Dog of the day. I was hoping if we sent a really good pic the might take him soon cause shes really upset now..We were thinking it might make her feel a little special that her dog is there..

mugsy
06-02-2002, 10:56 AM
Let us know if you can!!

I, too, am really sorry to hear about Cody....it's taken me this long to post because I can't read posts like that very easily right now (or should I say...still)

slleipnir
06-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Thank you mugsy, we know its hard. :[

lizbud
06-02-2002, 11:04 AM
I'm so sorry for Cody & your friend. It's so very hard
to let them go. :( My sincere condolences to all who
knew this much loved dog, R.I.P. Dear Cody.:(

Gio
06-05-2002, 07:53 AM
Sorry I'm so late in answering :( I'm so sorry to hear about Cody.

slleipnir
06-09-2002, 11:06 AM
We sent Cody in, but he probably won't be DOTD within the time KC hurts most. We really wanted it to make her feel better. I'm sure he will be someday though hehe ;]