PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got an old fax users manual...

Catty1
09-16-2006, 09:34 PM
...for a Sharp UX-256?

I have been ALL over the net! Found one guy in Europe who will send it FTP, but have heard nothing yet(just sent an inquiry yesterday)...he had kind of a self-made web page.

This manual is also for: FO455, UX206, and UX266.

I even called Sharp - the tech I spoke with used to own one of these, and he said the manual doesn't exist any more!

Oh yeah - there IS one downloadable one....in pure Russian! :D

I'd like to use this machine - Freecycled and in great shape - at the office, where we don't need incoming faxes on it, just outgoing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks! :)

Lady's Human
09-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Have you tried getmanual.com?

Catty1
09-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks!

However, all that was available was the Service Manual, described below. Found the same thing under the other model numbers too.

Tried manualsparadise.com Same thing.

ARRG

May turn it up yet!

Service Manual/Maintenance Manual - Service manual, as a rule, includes schematic diagram and block diagrams, printed wiring boards, waveforms, parameters and IC pin descriptions, part list, instructions on adjustments and repair, drawings and schematics of mechanisms, photos and specifications. In most cases the documentation is available in Adobe PDF format. IMPORTANT! It is not necessary to purchase both service manual and the schematic diagram of the same model.

Catty1
09-16-2006, 10:07 PM
I found a manual for a UXA255. I downloaded the PDF from the Sharp site, and it looks pretty similar.

Will bring the machine upstairs tomorrow and see if this works! :)

But still open to suggestions....

Lady's Human
09-16-2006, 10:35 PM
I can think of someone who might have a manual, but Al makes me look like a paragon of organization.

Catty1
09-16-2006, 10:58 PM
As in....Al has it "somewhere", aka "A safe place"? :D

I could pay him $12 or so, to help with postage...

Anyway, thanks for the thought! Would you ask him for me, just in case?

Thanks! :)

Lady's Human
09-16-2006, 11:07 PM
I'll check, but I can't promise anything

Catty1
09-17-2006, 09:02 AM
thanks! :)