PDA

View Full Version : I Want This Boy

Ginger's Mom
09-16-2006, 06:59 PM
We went to Woofstock today and had a very good time. Lots of dogs, and food, and things to do, and nice people and old friends. I only took two pictures the whole time we were there. Here he is:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/SammyChowcomp-1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/SammyChowcomp.jpg

His name is Sammy and I think she said he is three years old (or did she say two?). He is so sweet and gorgeous. And him and Ginger really seemed to get along okay. They sniffed each other then stood around with each other no problem. Oh man, if I didn't live in a condo, I may be pursuaded to try to have two dogs. But I live in a condo and work full time, and I would have to walk two dogs three times a day no matter what the weather or other circumstances. And I would have to travel with two dogs, or pay someone to watch two dogs and walk them three times a day (I wouldn't ask may neighbor who already has her own dog to walk my two as well). Shakes head, sigh, I just do not think I could do it. I really do want him though.

BC_MoM
09-16-2006, 07:04 PM
But those two dogs may entertain each other while you're at work which = less you have to excersise them! ;) Teehee

Sammy sure is handsome!

K9soul
09-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I can sure see why you are drawn to him. He looks like a total heartmelter. I know how it feels to fall in love with a pup but not be able to take them home. I had that happen last year when I met a very sweet greyhound up for adoption at Petco.

Almita
09-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Awww what a cutie! Love the little bib type bandana on him! Sammy is a handsome boy!

Ginger's Mom
09-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks guys. :) Oooh BC_Mom, I never thought of it that way. ;) I can't stop thinking about this guy, he was so sweet. I tried to attach his link, but it didn't work, and it is late. They think he ran from his previous home during a thunderstorm or fireworks and ended up a a shelter that closed earlier this year. He is now being kenneled at a local boarding kennel.

Daisy and Delilah
09-17-2006, 06:47 AM
Sammy is a lover, Joyce. He's so fluffy and handsome. I can just see you, Ginger, and Sammy getting along famously! ;) :)

Pembroke_Corgi
09-17-2006, 10:25 AM
He's so pretty!

I can understand why you might not want to add another dog...it is more expensive, and more hassle to exercise them, but of course I think all the good outweighs those things. :D

zoey
09-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Gorgeous!! Is he American Eskimo [mix]?

jazzcat
09-17-2006, 11:05 AM
He's adorable!

Rachel
09-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Oh, Joyce, I feel your pain. As much as I want to say *get him* your concerns are very real. *Outies* can be a real problem with two dogs. Mine never seem to have *to go* at the same time. That wasn't the case with my last two-some, but Hannah and Tucker have their own schedule for when each wants to take care of business. Add to that each one needing a different food, the vet expense, etc. I don't think I could handle the routine if I didn't work at home. On the other hand, you probably have a bit more energy than I do, and having two dogs is almost as different as having one dog is from none. When we only had Hannah, it was like something was definitely missing from the feel of our household. Once you go to two....it will always be two.

Ginger's Mom
09-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I know what you mean, Rachel, :) , my sister went to a two dog household twelve years ago, and would never be without a second dog now.
Zoey, he is listed as a chow/shepherd mix, and you can definitely tell he is part chow (black tongue and all); I'm not so sure about the shepherd part. Whatever he is, he is all sweetie. :) Well, I will keep in touch with West Jersey Volunteers and see what I can do for him. And if I ever get a backyard... ;)