PDA

View Full Version : Purrcy

doolittleky
09-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This is Purrcy. I adopted him off of Petfinder shortly after I lost Sophie my white Persian and first cat I ever had. Purrcy was living in a cage in Georgia. He had already been adopted once but brought back. I knew when I was getting him that the foster mom wasn't exactly being honest with me and that he was going to ahve some issues. She couldn't give him away fast enough. Didn't ask me anything and waived the adoption fee. I asked her specific questions about him but never got a straight answer to them. But i took him anyway because I figured he needed to get out of there. My grooomer who also shows cats just happen to be in Georgia that weekend for a cat show so he picked him up for me and brought him back to me. Let me tell ya about Purrcy. I had the name immediately for him and I thinkit fits him with his appearance but boy his personality is more like a Groucho! LOL He is not friendly in the least and doesn't want to be touched petted and especially not held. Quite disppointing to me since I wanted a personality like Sophie had, she was like a live stuffed animal, all cuddly etc. I thought there might be a chance he would get better but I have accepted this is him and that is ok. I love him just the same.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Beans070.jpg

catmandu
09-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Purrcy is faily new.
Rocca, John Hancock and Miquelito and Pouncierge wanted nothing to do with me either when they first came here, now they are my Friends.
You just have to give Purrcy some time!

jenluckenbach
09-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Well he is gorgeous, safe and probably VERY happy to be with people who love him for who he is. Thank you for loving Purrcy.

ChrisH
09-17-2006, 12:49 PM
He's gorgeous! Thank you so much for rescuing and keeping him.

Sparklecoon
09-17-2006, 12:58 PM
He's beautiful. My two smooshy faced girls are also rescues. Chloe because the lady that had 'rescued' her before didn't want to pay vet fees (Conjunctivitis, skin condition, severe matting, and URI when I got her. Also not spayed :rolleyes: ). Tipper came from an actual rescue but was the result of a lady with too many unaltered Persians who just let them breed uncontrolably. Tipper wants loving on her own terms and grooming is our biggest issue (she doesn't like anything but her head and back brushed :rolleyes: ). They've been so worth it to me though even if Tip Tip is somewhat aloof at times. I don't think I'll ever be without a persian in my life again. Congratulations on the new addition.

rosethecopycat
09-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Now that he knows you've accepted him, he'll open himself up, to love.
Time heals him.
Thanks for loving Purrcy.

rg_girlca
09-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Purrcy is absolutely gorgeous. Bless you for taking in this grump puss and loving him just the same. I hope in due time he will learn to relax and take in all the love you give him and he learn to give it back. :)