PDA

View Full Version : Wow, how scary! *What would you do?*

Toby's my baby
09-16-2006, 02:17 PM
I was thinking about this today, and thought I would share it with you.

I saw my boyfriends mom in the store the other day and talked to her a little bit. I noticed she had a huge black eye and some bruises. I thought MAYBE it was from a horse, since they have horses and stuff too. I called Josh that night, and she got "mugged!". We had a street dance here last weekend. (we have on every year the weekend of Sept. 11th) She was walking by herself by a bar, and three guys came up to her asking for her purse. She didn't have it with her, and they beat her up. She is a tiny (but strong) lady. She only weighs about 115 and is about 5'5". She called Josh after the incident, and asked him to come pick her up, but he couldn't because his car wasn't working. So they ended up calling the cops, and they brought her home.

What would you do if this happend to you?? I talked to my mom about it, and was thinking about what I would do, and I have no idea! Just something to think about I guess...

Almita
09-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Wow that is so scary that your boyfriend Josh's mom got mugged! That must be so scary for her.

My Spanish teacher was at Spain over the summer, she was walking with her husband down a street, then out of nowhere these two guys came up to both of them and mugged them.

She told us that if you ever get mugged just relax and pretend you are passed out or dead let them take something and then when they leave, and they take like your phone or credit card. Go and call the place and cancel everything.

I think that's what i would do is to relax if they try to do something to you just pretend you are not awake or passed out.

Dorothy39
09-16-2006, 02:37 PM
First of all, I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your boyfriends Mother. I certainly hope she is doing okay right now.

Yet, I am thinking, there HAD to be Witnessess to this attack!!!!!!

How did her attackers get away, without being approached , or, being arrested?

Where were the Police when this Happened? ( I live in a small rural community, so, perhaps I don't have a clue as to how fast these altercations have a way of going un-noticed!!!

I really feel so bad for her!!!!!! :( She must be tough!!!!!!!!

critter crazy
09-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Having a plan in mind, is all good, but when the actuall event takes place all will change. You will freeze! and all those intentions fly out the window. My Father(RIP) was mugged while we lived in Los Angeles, He was attacked by 3-4 men, and bruttally beaten, within inches of his life. And all he had on him was around 20$!! My father was a very strong man, and even he could do nothing, but hope and pray someone would help. He spent a week in the hospital, and was never the same. It might be different with a single attacker, but more than one, and things change drastically. I am glad that your boyfriends mom was okay, and did not get seriously hurt. This is why I never walk alone. I have either my husband or my dog. It just isnt safe anymore.

sandragonfly
09-16-2006, 03:13 PM
thank goodness your boyfriend's mother is okay, thank you god! must be very scary, someone or an event coming out of NOwhere..

I was mugged couple years ago while walking with crayola, (I JUST got him), he had his head turned behind me, as I turned - I was bounced off wired-fence then down on floor. you had to fight! good thing my little purse strap was around my right neck to left waist, he was struggling to take it off. I screamed as hell as I could, and fought, scared the guy off. I guess I looked too skinny. :p :mad: had nothing on me anyway.

sorry the mother was mugg-bruised. :(

buttercup132
09-16-2006, 03:36 PM
I would have fought back, then called the cops.

Your dating him now?:) ;)

Pembroke_Corgi
09-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Sorry to hear that! I hope she is doing alright, that must have been so scary.

If I were in that situation, I would hand over my purse and then run like hell.

Toby's my baby
09-16-2006, 09:54 PM
How did her attackers get away, without being approached , or, being arrested?

Where were the Police when this Happened? ( I live in a small rural community, so, perhaps I don't have a clue as to how fast these altercations have a way of going un-noticed!!!

I really feel so bad for her!!!!!! :( She must be tough!!!!!!!!

I have no idea how they got away. We live in a smaller town (about 8,500 ppl) but she wasn't on the street where the dance was, she was on a different one, that is perpendicular to it. I'm assuming that most of the cops were on the street that was closed off, and not the one she was walking on.

She is VERY tuff, who isn't after raising four boys, and training horses for a living, but she is so sweet. :)

Your dating him now?:) ;)

Yep. We actually started dating like a month ago, but then we broke up, and now we're back together again.

Miss Z
09-17-2006, 03:08 AM
Mugging is a very scary thing, and it's unfortunately on the rise. I'm really sorry it happened to her and hope the trauma and the bruises heal soon.I'm not sure what I would do if I was mugged. I would want to fight back, but by doing that they are more likely to hurt you. I'd probably scream at the top of my lungs to attract attention, which I've heard often unnerves the attackers, or perhaps I'd tell them I had a knife or something!