PDA

View Full Version : To all the siggy makers

buttercup132
09-16-2006, 09:26 AM
I recently was browsing a site and saw a memeber on the site that did not belong to PT and since Bri hasnt been online in a long time I know she hasnt gave permission to this. But someone on another site is using the siggy she made, you guys should start putting copy write signs on your siggies
Scroll down till you see the Steve Irwin siggy she made

Toby's my baby
09-16-2006, 09:30 AM
I think you may have forgotten the link. ;)

K9soul
09-16-2006, 10:44 AM
She can't really put a copyright sign on a siggy using pictures that she didn't take. Technically she is supposed to have permission from the photographers before she uses them. (i.e. when I used a Barbaro signature for awhile, I had permission from the photographer and did not alter the pictures in any way, plus gave her credit). Also she made it and posted that others could use it. I'd be more inclined to say something to the person if they were using pictures of someone else's pets claiming the pets were theirs. If the person is just trying to honor Steve by using it I would let it go. Just my opinion.

Almita
09-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Yah people can't really do that to siggy's that don't have pictures that are their own. They will have to give permission from the people who give the siggy makers the pictures that are theirs.

BC_MoM
09-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Also she made it and posted that others could use it.

Yep, that's right. I think Bri would actually be thrilled to see someone on another site using her siggy! Especially one of Steve.

There are some sites with pictures and sections of pictures that have royalty free pictures, and where you can take photos and do your deed with them.