PDA

View Full Version : Kiara Is Home!!!

Kfamr
09-16-2006, 07:34 AM
SHE IS SHE IS!

Dad came in about a half hour ago, woke me up, and said "look who I got!!!"

She has been all alone since Monday. Last night we searched a neighborhood from 7pm-2am because a guy called us saying that he cornered her but she took off running.

This was while my dad and I were in the neighborhood OVER and had no clue. We figured we'd stop by the house to see if we had any calls/updates and we called the guy back. He said my brother spotted her and she was limping, but would not come to him (she's always been a bit afraid of him.) So, after 45 minutes or so when my dad and I got the message we sped over there. We searched and searched the area, put food and water and shirts where my brother last spotted her. We put fliers on every mailbox in that area. We got home at about 2:30am and I zonked out.

Then I woke up from the nightmare and there was Kiki on my bed and dad saying "Kay look who I got!!!"

She's given us all kisses over and over again.. she NEVER ever gave kisses before.

You can tell she hasn't ate (which was the first thing I did, fed her a bit of food.) She is much skinnier than before, she has a few red bumps in her ears, her lips are RAW, paws a bit torn, and she has a few prickers that I pulled out. Overall, she looks okay.. no "serious" injuries. First thing she did when I took them outside was grab the tennis ball that I threw in the pool Tuesday among one of my insane moments. Then when she came inside she grabbed the red hand ball (that joined me in many of ym crying sessions) and started playing with it.

Anyways... SHE IS HOME SHE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be ever so happy in our journey today taking down all of our posters. :)

We will be calling the guy (who even went out late last night to look for our girl) the reward.

sanford8916
09-16-2006, 07:40 AM
I am soooo happy for you. Welcome home girl! :D :D :D :D

lbaker
09-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Oh Kay, how nice to have LES caused by joy... I bet you can hear the sighs and feel the smiles coming from all over the world for you and your girl right now. Thank that guy from all of us please, he just earned himself an honored place in PetTalk :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-16-2006, 07:45 AM
YAY that's great news.

Give Kiki some welcome home kisses from me, and (((HUGS))) to you too Kay!!

CatLuvrs
09-16-2006, 07:47 AM
OMG OMG OMG!!!! YAY! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

slleipnir
09-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Oh Kay I'm so happy to hear this! I have tears in my eyes!! Thank god she is safe and sound! Good girl coming home, Ki!

elizabethann
09-16-2006, 07:48 AM
That's great news!! I'm very happy for you & your family.

Freckles
09-16-2006, 07:50 AM
THAT's the news I've been waiting for! :D

Anita Cholaine
09-16-2006, 07:52 AM
You cannot even imagine how happy I am! :D

WELCOME HOME, KIARA!!!

This thread totally made my day :D

joanofark
09-16-2006, 07:53 AM
OMG, KAY!! All of th at hard work payed off!! Kiki's HOME!! Good girl, Ki!!! :D

Cookiebaker
09-16-2006, 07:57 AM
KAY!!!!!! That is the most wonderful, awesome, spectacular news. I am crying over here. What a way to wake up this morning, huh? I am so happy for you. Give that precious girl a hug and a kiss special from me, and tell her to never do that to us again.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

:D :D :D

Jadapit
09-16-2006, 07:58 AM
I get up every morning, turn on the computer, log onto to PT to chek on Ki. When I saw your thread Kay, I started crying. I cant express how HAPPY I am for you and your family. You did an amazing job looking for her. Please give that precious girl a hug and kiss from me. Life is good again Kay! :D :D :D

Alysser
09-16-2006, 07:59 AM
YAY!!!!!
This is so exciting! I'm sooo happy for you, I couldn't believe she was missing and now I cannot believe she is home! This is SO great!!!! :D :D I'm so glad you found your baby. WELCOME HOME KIARA!!! :D

Poor baby, she must have been terrified, I'm so happy she is home. Love the pictures. :)

Joannie
09-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Thank God, Yah! Big,Big Hug.

ChrisH
09-16-2006, 08:02 AM
That is fantastic news!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/banana.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/blissysmile.gifThanks God!!

Tears of joy flowing here :D as I bet there is everywhere in our Pet Talk world. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-16-2006, 08:04 AM
YES !!!
Oh my Kay, this is the best news!!! I was thinking of you and Kiara all the time! Wow, you must be the happiest person in the whole world now :) :)

ps. I hope you didn't mind I used your siggie to make this "Kiara, please come home" sign. I am sooooo happy he is finally home with you again!!

I_luv_rusty
09-16-2006, 08:07 AM
Great news!! When I saw this thread I was like OMG SHE'S HOME!!?? So happy for you and her. :D

senorita02
09-16-2006, 08:09 AM
HOORAY!!!!!
i check every morning and when i saw the new thread, i squeeled i was soooo excited!!!

Poor baby with her pink lip, you did a GREAT job hunting her down!

Yippee

Pam
09-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Leaky eyes here today too. This is the BEST news!!!! :)

zoey
09-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Terruufffic!!! I'm so totally happy for you and your family!
Reuniting is a very good thing!!!!!!!

Then I woke up from the nightmare and there was Kiki on my bed and dad saying "Kay look who I got!!!"
I got tears and goosebumps here, b/c I know the sheer joy and closest thing to heaven this feeling is. :D :D
Congrats! Give that beautiful girl a hug from me!

Killearn Kitties
09-16-2006, 08:15 AM
WONDERFUL news. I could not be happier for you! :D
Hope the sweetie is none the worse for her experience.

buttercup132
09-16-2006, 08:19 AM
YAY!!!
I'm so glad she home where she belongs!!

Zippy
09-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Thank God!!!!
Welcome home Kiki! :D

sabies
09-16-2006, 08:26 AM
I am crying I am so happy. Poor Kiara, out of all of us, even you Kay, she is probably happiest!

Thank god it turned out this way!

How did she actually get home? Did your dad go out again? Tell us more! Tell us more! Of course we can wait til you're done giving her a week's worth of attention :)

BitsyNaceyDog
09-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm so happy and excited for both you and Kiara.
Welcome home beautiful Kiara!

k9krazee
09-16-2006, 08:36 AM
YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tears in my eyes, I am sooo happy!!

Ki looks very happy to be home!!

Ginger's Mom
09-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Yep, I am crying here, too (didn't know I had it in me ;) ). Oh Yay!!! It may be raining here, but I can see the sunshine. :)

RobiLee
09-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Oh My! Tears of happiness here! I am so very very happy for you, Kay. What a relief! She certainly looks like she has lost a few pounds and I hope her little raw lips aren't causing her any pain. Gosh, I wish I was there to give her a hug. I'm sure you have hugged her lots but make sure you tell her one of them is from me.

Welcome Home, Sweet Kiki!!
Lots of hugs and tailwags from Robin, Katie and Tori.

gemini9961
09-16-2006, 08:38 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!

I am so happy and so relieved. I have thinking about you and Ki non-stop this week as everyone else has too. This is such great news Kay. Ki gave kisses......... :D :D .........she was so happy to be home, maybe you will get more kisses now. Can't wait to hear how it all played out and where she was, when you get the chance of course. Poor little girl hadn't eaten, I bet she's glad to be back home with some good food and warm bed and with her Mom of course. Good girl Ki staying safe and making it home. We missed you and are happy to see you back.

Amber

Kfamr
09-16-2006, 08:42 AM
We're heading to the vets right now to get her checked out. Dr. M. is pretty booked today but he said whenever we can get her in he'll check her out for us. :D

RubyMutt
09-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Thank goodness! I am so happy I am in tears! Wonderful news! :D Welcome home, Kiara! :D

Husky15
09-16-2006, 08:57 AM
This is the best news ever! Tears started to come once I saw the thread! Welcome home Kiara!

sasvermont
09-16-2006, 09:00 AM
I will go back and re-read the original posting saying she is safe and sound.

Kay, we are all so happy for you. Really.

Now, let's give that Kiki a good talking to.......................

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Kiki)))))))))))))))))) ))))) (((((((((((((((Kay))))))))))))) :D

Bengalz
09-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Oh Kay, how nice to have LES caused by joy... I bet you can hear the sighs and feel the smiles coming from all over the world for you and your girl right now. Thank that guy from all of us please, he just earned himself an honored place in PetTalk :D

AMEN to that!!!! :D :D :D

Kay I couldn't be happier for you and Kiara - that must have been the scariest week you have ever had baby girl.

Thank God she's home and safe :D Everyone can breathe a big sigh of relief and walk around with stupid smiles on their face all day :D Can't think of a better way to spend my Saturday :)

Thank You Kay for GREAT NEWS!!!

Hugs to you and Kiara and your Dad and your brother and The Guy and ..... all of PT for yet another successful recovery :D

zoey
09-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Poor Kiara must have been so scared. :(
It's been an emotional drain on you all, I'm sure.
Hopefully you guys can take a big sigh of relief and just enjoy each others company today. Bless you for all your efforts to find her. What a happy day!! :D :D :D

MajesticCollies
09-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Best news I'll hear all day. So glad your baby is home. Welcome back Kiara!!!:D

4 Dog Mother
09-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Thank you, God! I am so glad that Kiara is back in your arms where she belongs. She is just so beautiful of a dog and your pictures, stories, tricks and videos of her have made her become one of the most loved pets on Pet Talk. We all are relieved that she is back home after a week of worry from so many of us.

Welcome home, KiKi!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-16-2006, 09:13 AM
OMG, Kay, I am so thrilled and have happy leaky eye syndrome.

You can definitely see how skinny she is, but more importantly, you can see how her tail was wagging a million miles a minute. :D

I'm just so happy your little girl is home safe and sound. :D

Catty1
09-16-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't know who is happier - Kiara or you!

I am so glad it worked out after all you did! Hug that puppy for me!

:D

Dorothy39
09-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I just knew "Kiara" would come back home!!!! And, I prayed that she would return to her family, Safe and Sound!!! ~~~~ I know that every Pet Talk Member ~~ Prayed right along!!!!!~~~~~~

My favorite portion of your post : Your Dad woke you up, from a Nightmare, saying "Kay, Look Who I've Got!!!!!" :eek:

Dreams Really Do come True!!!!!!!!

Toby's my baby
09-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Yay!!! I'm so happy she is finally home safe! I'm so glad she's home! Welcome back Kiki!!!

K9soul
09-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Tears of joy here, I can hardly think of any appropriate words. Oh thank God. Kay I wish I could give you the biggest hug. You and Ki be sure and get some rest this weekend :). Wish I could find the words to express how very, very happy and relieved I am for you! What a phenomenal feeling!

shais_mom
09-16-2006, 09:29 AM
from the bottom of my heart Kay - I am very glad Kiara is home!

Karen
09-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Yay! Yay! Footsore and hungry, maybe but HOME!!!!

dogzr#1
09-16-2006, 09:38 AM
This is great news Kay! I am sooo happy for you! When I first logged onto here, I thought that Kiara was still lost and I actually felt a bit sad about being here, not being able to help and all, but then I saw the thread that Kiara was home and I actually squealed with delight (much to the displeasure of my step-dad. he came rushing in wondering if I was alright). I can't even imagine how happy you are! (((((HUGS)))))

lizbud
09-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Thank you, God! I am so glad that Kiara is back in your arms where she belongs. She is just so beautiful of a dog and your pictures, stories, tricks and videos of her have made her become one of the most loved pets on Pet Talk. We all are relieved that she is back home after a week of worry from so many of us.

Welcome home, KiKi!

I am so excited I can hardly think of words right now, but this is just
about right. :D Thank you God for bringing this sweet girl back home to
her family. :) Big hugs & a million kisses little Kiara. Welcome home. :)

pitc9
09-16-2006, 09:42 AM
OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!
The power of PT prayers work wonders once again!
{{{tears}}}
Thank you goD for keeping her safe while she was gone.
Kay... I wish I could be with you right now and wrap my arms around you and Kiara right now!!!
I know how it feels to have your pup back after being gone (mine were not gone as long as Kiara)
I'm so happy for you all!
Oh Kiara.... {tears} I've never been so happy to see your cute little face!
Oh your raw little lips... I hope Dr. gets you fixed up and back to normal quickly!
goD blessed you little girl.
Now... {shakes finger} don't you EVER do something so silly again okay little lady?
Welcome home little girl... welcome home.
{{{hugs}}}}

Russian Blue
09-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Woohooo! :D

Have a great weekend Kay - you all deserve it!

Cinder & Smoke
09-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Hi God ~

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Boy oh Boy, You Did GOOD, God!!

United all of Pet Talk AND brung a Favorite lil Muttlie back Home - Safe & Sound.

We prolly all otta Learn sumpin frum this - but fur rite now -
we just gonna Celebrate the Return of Kiara with Thanks to You!

And please pass our THANKS to ALL the Folks - all ober the World -
who offered Help and Comfort during the search ...
And Special THANKS to all the Florida Folks who *hunted* for her.

THANKS, God!!

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

/s/ the Prayer Pups, da Purrayer KAT, and DAD

IRescue452
09-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Great news! I've got tears in my eyes. Sounds like she had a rough adventure. Hopefully she won't want another adventure for a long time.

cyber-sibes
09-16-2006, 09:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/other/ph_ani_6.jpg :D :D :D YIPPEEEE!!!!!! :D :D :D
What great news to see this morning!!!!! Tears of joy instead of sadness!
Oh, thank you, God for keeping Kiara safe and bringing her home!
That's so cute that one of the first things she did was jump in the pool & grab her tennis ball! Simba & Nala must be so happy to see her again too.
HAPPY (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!

KYS
09-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Big Hugs and THank GOODNESS!

Could not have more happier news. :D

cloverfdx
09-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Yaaaaahooooooooo!!!!!!

Oh Kay i am bawling my eyes out here, i am so happy that you have been reunited... and never doubted for a moment it would not happen. Enjoy the next couple of days with your girl, and give her a giant hug from me.

:D

Vela
09-16-2006, 10:22 AM
I was just waking up and sat down at my computer. Jessica told me "Kiara is home!" so that woke me up. I had to come here and just tell you how happy I am for you and Kiara. I know this has been an absolute nightmare but it's over now and she is home safe. I have tears in my eyes, I know how happy you all must be. It's just hard to say how happy I am for you! Big hugs to you all.

flamepony12
09-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Awww, I'm so happy for you, Kay! Welcome home, Kiara :D

Corinna
09-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Thank God shes home!!! I hope that she checks out ok. So glad the man found here and called even if she ran from him. Sounds like he needs the reward and a HUge thank you. Kiki no more adventures.

luvofallhorses
09-16-2006, 10:29 AM
OMG! yay!!! :D I am so happy for you, Kay! :D Welcome home, Kiara!!!!! :D

Husky_mom
09-16-2006, 10:30 AM
i had to steal hubby's palm and what do i get...GREAT NEWS....awesome I knew shed come back mayor hugs to all....you've been rewarded for your awesome devotion to her. now rest and have a great weekend......hugs....

Miss Z
09-16-2006, 10:40 AM
This is great news! Welcome home Kiara, and I'm glad that this ordeal is now over :D

Pembroke_Corgi
09-16-2006, 10:43 AM
That is fantastic news!!!!!!!! I'm glad your family is finally reunited. Poor little Kiara, I'm so glad she's safe now!

Kfamr
09-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Kiara checks out "okay." Nothing showed up in her fecal, he did a few tests. He said he thinks most of it is just from trauma, bugs, the woods, etc. He gave us some dewormer for the next 3 days just incase.

We stopped by the natural dog food place on our way home. She shoplifted a few times. :p We needed food so we got food, 4 bags of treats, and a waterproof/reflective collar.

Although I don't think her collar would have done good - she wouldn't go to anyone.

We called the people who cornered her. We asked them what we can do for them and they do not want anything, we're going to anyways.

We took a few signs down on our way home. One lady stopped and said "You found her?!" and my dad said yeah. She looked into the truck as she drove by with the biggest grin on her face.

My mom took one of our big signs down on the main road, a lady stopped and was looking. My mom yelled out that we found her, the lady cheered and honked her horn a bunch of times as she was pulling away.

We had such a supportive community online and offline, we are so grateful.

Kiki is passed out on my bed... I think I will join her. :D :D :D

jazzcat
09-16-2006, 11:00 AM
That is great Kay!!! YAY!!!

I'm so glad the vet said she checks out okay just a little wear and tear.

How wonderful that so many people in your community were helping and are thrilled you've been reunited.

Very good news for my Saturday! :)

Iilo
09-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Thank God, Kay. I'm so glad I checked PT before leaving this morning.

I'm so glad your nightmare is over. I can't even imagine what it'd be like.

kimlovescats
09-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Tears of JOY for you, Kay!!!!! :D WELCOME HOME KIARA!!!! Oh, this just makes my day! I can only imagine how absolutely thrilled you are to see your baby again! Bless you ALL!

HUGS!!!!!
Kim :)

Riptide
09-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Welcome Home, Kiara!!

sirrahbed
09-16-2006, 11:14 AM
This is such a happy thread!!!

I have been following it without comment - and can see from the numbers of "hits" to your threads that an amazing number of folks have been thinking of Kay and Kiara.

Isn't it comforting to know that the community was also aware of Kiara being missing? This saga has likely been followed closely by more people than we will ever know.

Earlier in this post - I think it was lbaker that said something about people all over the world smiling.... :D :D :D Can you feel it??

Have a peaceful, exhausted and relieved nap Kay and Kiara!

gini
09-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Goodness sakes - leaky eyes all across the globe for one silly dog that we all have come to love.

Thank God this has a happy ending - and we are whooping and hollering right along with you Kay.

Please give that girl a bunch of kisses from me.

critter crazy
09-16-2006, 11:16 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gifGive KIARA a Big hug from all of US!!!!

Glacier
09-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Welcome Home, Kiara! Now, stay put! I don't imagine you will be allowed out of sight for a long while anyway!

The couple who led me to Delta wouldn't take the reward money I had offered for him. The reward got bigger the longer he was gone, so it was a substantial amount of money by that point! I had to do something for them, so I got them a gift certificate to a very nice restaurant and another one for a pet store so Delta's buddy could get some treats too.

Taking down Delta's posters was great fun! Enjoy your tour to rip them down! :D

Kfamr
09-16-2006, 11:26 AM
I am sending this to all of the people I've emailed the past few days...

After many sleepless nights, hundreds of dollars spent, our baby girl is home and okay!

We got a tip on her 9/15/2006 at around 5pm. A guy had cornered her and she jetted off as soon as she noticed she was cornered. He called our home but only my brother and my mother were here - my father and I were out passing out flyers.

So my brother went into the neighborhood she was spotted. She is a bit scared of him because he isn't around much. He left his truck running in the middle of the road as soon as he spotted her. He tried getting her to come to him but she kept shying away. She was limping but still ran full force. He chased her for about 2 miles until she ran off into the woods.

During this time my dad and I had arrived home and go the message at around 7pm. We searched and searched the area from 7pm to about 2:30am. We put out food, dirty shirts of our's and some water hoping she'd return to that area and eat. Dad went out this morning ( I actually slept well last night, I'm not sure why) and checked the food. It wasn't touched.
So he walked around the area. He found some feces in the middle of the road, all it had in it was grass and bugs, and it was cold. He still went back into that area and called her name.

He heard her yiping. He spotted her across the way but she would not come to him. She kept ducking around and yiping. As my dad got closer he realized she couldn't get to him because there was a fence. She jumped up on the fence and he grabbed her.

He carried her back to the truck. He said the whole way home she was whining, making noises and kissing him. She NEVER gives kisses - NEVER.
Dad and her finally arrived home. He awoke me from my nightmare as he came into my room and put her on my bed. "Kay, LOOK WHO I GOT!!!" It was my little girl and she was HOME. She gave me kisses all over too and I hugged her tighter than I ever have before.

If it weren't for the support of our online and offline community she would not be home. The wonderful family who spotted her in their neighborhood and called us - they are heavensent. This has been the most horrible week of my life. We had not crossed off September 11th this whole week - and we finally crossed it off today.

Thank you, everyone.
Kay Knapp

RedHedd
09-16-2006, 11:32 AM
YAY! Poor baby! I'm SO glad she made it back home

FaNcYkItTy
09-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Welcome home Ki! Hope she fattens up soon :)

caseysmom
09-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Oh Kay you know how relieved and happy I am. Give kiki a big hug for me and your dad also!

zoomer
09-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Yay!! Welcome home Kiki! I'm so glad you're home!!

rg_girlca
09-16-2006, 11:37 AM
I also had been following this story and I am so happy to hear that your baby girl is back home safe and sound. Reading all the posts just brought tears to my eyes. The support you got all around was so overwhelming.

Welcome home Kiara and please, don't take off like that again.

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Welcome home Kiki!!!!

I was/am so excited to see this thread, Kay. I'm so glad you got your girl back! I am so relieved, I was so worried about her the entire time she was missing. Words truly can not express how happy I am for you aswell as Kiara. I'm sure she'll be back to a good, healthy weight in not time at all. :)

Bengalz
09-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Kay,

I'm so glad Kiara checked out fine :) And, I'm sure you will be so happy to give her anything she needs to feel better.

Your message to everyone was fantastic as I'm sure everyone here has felt your anxiety and are now so relieved to know that all is well in your world. This global community has enormous impact on everyone that is a part of it. We can all rest well knowing your baby girl is where she should be.

Kiara must be so happy to be back with her mommy, her fursibs and her whole family. What an ordeal for such a sensitive little girl - I suspect she will be a super velcro puppy for a very long time. As for lessons learned, I would not wish such a nightmare for any pup, kitty or human and am just so overjoyed that the outcome is a good one :D

Take good care of yourself and your baby - you all deserve some pampering :)

Hugs, Betty

JenBKR
09-16-2006, 12:15 PM
oh thank you GOD! I am soooooo relieved! Whew, now we can all breathe again. Talk about LES!! YAY! I just grabbed Roscoe and danced him around the room - yes he thinks I'm strange. WELCOME HOME KIARA!!

Cataholic
09-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Happy, happy tears! What fantastic news. Thank God!!!

Vermontcat
09-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Yay! :D
I'm so happy to hear that sweet Kiara is back home where she belongs. :)
Give her a big hug from me and a few extra doggie treats too.

CathyBogart
09-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Welcome home pretty girl! We're all so happy and relieved to have you back! I can't imagine how happy your mom must be right now!! I know it's a scary world out there, but stick by your mom from now on, okay? :)

Cincy'sMom
09-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Welcome Home Kiara!!!

Kay, I am so happy for you and your family, that your precious little girl is home.

cmayer31
09-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Kay, I'm so happy to hear that Kiara is back home and safe! I've checked the thread every day from work waiting to hear the good news.

Weclome Home Ki!

mustlovedogs
09-16-2006, 12:57 PM
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY and more YAY!! I am SO glad she is home...safe and sound! :D :D :D

sandragonfly
09-16-2006, 01:08 PM
WAHOO!!

tsk tsk kiki! sigh! whew, you're all safe now. kiara's raw lips reminded me of crayola's, now it must be from our long walk!

soo glad you're home, with your mom for the weekend! a good day of coming back.. yay! :) :)

reeest and eeenjoy!

Kater
09-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Oh, what a huge relief!! :D
Welcome home, sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!

Nomilynn
09-16-2006, 01:24 PM
What a fantastic way to start the weekend! YAY!!! :D :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-16-2006, 01:26 PM
This is wonderful news!!!! :D :D :D

WELCOME HOME KIARA!!!

Felicia's Mom
09-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Welcome home Kiara! :D

LuckiLab03
09-16-2006, 01:43 PM
I can't tell you how happy I am for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've all been so worried sick! Give Kiara a bunch of hugs and kisses for me!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-16-2006, 01:57 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS INDEED!!! :D

Daisy and Delilah
09-16-2006, 02:10 PM
WELCOME HOME KIARA GIRL !!!!!!!!! :) :D :)

Just seeing this Kay!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
09-16-2006, 02:37 PM
WELCOME HOME KIARA!

When I logged in this afternoon, I was hoping and praying I would find a thread like this! I am so glad that Kiara is back where she belongs, with the one that missed her the most.

Barbara
09-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Good news ! Kiara is home!
I am so glad :) :D :) :D :) :D

trayi52
09-16-2006, 02:47 PM
I am so thankful to God that Kiara is home at last. This is indeed the best day ever!!

Welcome home Kiara, your mommy has been so worried.

Kay, you just don't know how thrilled I am for you that you got your wonderful Kiara back, today is just great!

Love and Hugs,
Willie :)

Logan
09-16-2006, 02:49 PM
I just saw an email from Pam that said "Kiara is home". I had to come see for myself!!!!! :) :)

I am so happy, Kay, for you, your dad and Kiara.

Almita
09-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh my gosh! How exciting Kay! I'm so happy for you i got all excited when i read the thread name that Kiara is home!!! I'm glad that she came home back to you!

Be with you Ki all day today and spend a special day with her!

chocolatepuppy
09-16-2006, 04:05 PM
YAY! Kiara is home !!! :D I'll bet you're the happiest girl in the world today Kay! You and quite a few PTers! ;)

jenfer
09-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Whew. I am so glad she is home. :)

areias
09-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Whooooo hoooo!

Welcome Home! That's the news I've been waiting for!

I hope you learned your lesson Kiara! :p

lute
09-16-2006, 04:26 PM
that is so wonderful! she does look a little worn out. happy to be home too! :D

WELCOME HOME KIARA!!! :D

animal_rescue
09-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Awww I'm so glad, welcome home Kiki!! :D

The Cat Factory
09-16-2006, 04:40 PM
I am so happy to hear that she is home! Welcome home, Kiara :D:):D

.sarah
09-16-2006, 04:48 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif

Thanks for a good (happy) cry! There are no words to express how happy I am for you. Welcome home Kiki!

Danegirl2208
09-16-2006, 05:37 PM
OMG!!!!!!! THANK GOD!! Welcome home pretty girl!! Cant tell you how worried ive been about her.. this is such wonderful news!!!!!! woot woot!

Alasse
09-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm soooo happy for you and Kiara!!

ramanth
09-16-2006, 06:36 PM
WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I am soooo happy and relieved for you Kay. *HUGS*

Yay Kiki is home!!!

*sled_dog*
09-16-2006, 07:05 PM
YaY! Welcome back Ki!!

wolf_Q
09-16-2006, 07:07 PM
This is the BEST news ever! I'm so happy and relieved that Kiara is home safe!!! I wish I could give her a hug right now, I just love Kiki! I bet this is about the best day of your life, Kay! :D

Further proof that PT prayers really do work!

dappledoxie
09-16-2006, 08:24 PM
I am thrilled!!!! Thank goodness she's home again! :D :D

Logan
09-16-2006, 09:08 PM
I would like to think that my father would have done the same thing for one of mine. I sort of doubt that he would have. But, the only time, in my life, that one of my dogs went missing, it was the tag that had my parent's phone number on it that saved her and it was my dad who heard her, as he happened to be visiting that night and heard Kaycee's barks. She had escaped the yard of the people who found her and came home.

I love that your dad felt so devoted to the effort, Kay. Give him a hug from us, please.

My Peanuts
09-16-2006, 09:22 PM
OMG! YAY! I came on here hoping to see this. I've been thinking about you and Kiara all day! I'm so happy for you, Kay! :D :) :D

Suki Wingy
09-16-2006, 10:54 PM
YAY! I bet everyone's estatic all around, :D especially the poor girl.

Flatcoatluver
09-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Omg!! Can we have more pictures for celebration!! I am so happy for you, my eyes are so watery, I can't even see!! I am so happy for you!! You stayed so strong through this whole ordeal!! ((HUGS))

jesse_3
09-16-2006, 11:59 PM
OMG!!!!! This is WINDERFUL news! I wish I would have come on earlier today, I was so worried about your girl!
(((((HUGS))))) to everyone!

pnance
09-17-2006, 12:42 AM
YAH!!!!! Welcome hom Kiara!!!!

K9karen
09-17-2006, 01:08 AM
i don't think i could feel any happier right now! Sleep tight little sweet Kiara, in Kay's loving arms. Welcome home darling puppy.

Vette
09-17-2006, 03:07 AM
:D Glad to hear it

beeniesmom
09-17-2006, 06:36 AM
OH Thank God. I am crying with joy for you.
I am so happy she is finally home.

anna_66
09-17-2006, 08:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/Woohoolittlemen.gif
I couldn't have read anything better than this! I'm so happy for you, Kiara and your whole family Kay!
She looks a little ragged & hungry from her pictures, but I'm sure she'll be looking better in no time!

Welcome Home Kiara!!!

joycenalex
09-17-2006, 09:23 AM
thank you god. blessings on all those people who went out of their way to help. and ki, sleep sweet, and for heavens' sake, stay home!

labmomma
09-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Thank heaven your ordeal is over. I haven't responded until now because the thoughts of what might have happened made me too upset. I'm just thankful to God that everything turned out so great for you.
Labmomma :)

Rachel
09-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Oh Happy Day, that little Kiara is safe and sound back home where she belongs. What a wonderful reward to all the effort that was put forth to find her. Although it was one person who was fortunate enough to see her and put in that phone call, there were perhaps dozens who were searching and on the lookout. We couldn't be more pleased to know the ordeal has ended.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Woohoo!!!!

captain
09-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh Kay,

I have issues with my home PC, and was so happy to come in to work today and see that the darlin KiKi is home.
She was in my thoughts all weekend.

You know, even tho I live in Australia, I was walking on Saturday and say a dog that looked like KiKi, and my first thought was "OMG - could that be her ............" :D

Kfamr
09-17-2006, 04:58 PM
You know, even tho I live in Australia, I was walking on Saturday and say a dog that looked like KiKi, and my first thought was "OMG - could that be her ............" :D

Well.. she likes to swim but I don't think she could swim THAT far! :p

Aspen and Misty
09-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Welcome Home Kiki!!

Oh Kay! I don't even know what to say. I have tears in my eyes just reading this. I'm so glad she is back where she belongs. Please, please give her a kiss from me, I was so worried.

Ashley

Sevaede
09-17-2006, 06:05 PM
That is FANTASTIC news. I am so glad your girl is back and hope that you never have to go through that terrible ordeal again! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
09-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Kay, I'm sorry I couldn't reply earlier... I just got back from a water ski trip with my church group.

Anyway.... I'm soooo flippin happy that she is home! I KNEW she would come home, and I'm just THRILLED that she did.

vinjashira
09-18-2006, 05:20 AM
so happy for you Kay! Welcome Home Kiara! don't leave home again :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-18-2006, 05:41 AM
YAY!!!

OH Kay i'm so happy for you! I could NOT WAIT to go to Pet Talk and see this thread!

I'm sure you will rest sooo much better now, knowing that your sweet Kiara is home!! {{HUGS}} to you both! I'm sure you guys have both been sooo stressed out!

finn's mom
09-18-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm very glad she's back where she belongs.

RobiLee
09-18-2006, 10:08 AM
How is your little girl doing today, Kay?

Cataholic
09-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Just stopping by again to say how glad I am Kiki is where she belongs- in your arms!!!!

Kfamr
09-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks everyone!

Kiki is doing great.. her normal self, actually. She is really wanting to play fetch but she's gotta be careful with her little paws. They still hurt her and she tries to run but ends up limping. Some spots are a bit raw.

We took her to "her" beach last night for sunset, all of the regulars there wanted to see her because they had talked about her everynight when they met up while she was missing. None of the regulars were there, though, so we just worked on some commands and she got to catch her frisbee a few times. She is VERY scared of cars now, VERY scared. Whenever a car door would close or a car would start up she cowered away.

She greeted me with a ball when I was putting my shoes on for work and greeted me again with a ball when I was talking them off just now.

I was telling a regular customer about the whole ordeal as he asked why I was away last week. He has two gorgeous Goldens himself. Before he left he handed me a $20 bill and told me it was for the "Doggie Fund." I told him that I couldn't accept it but he insisted.

It is so wonderful how many people supported us thru it all. The lady who had the ad in the paper for a found dog called again today. She wanted to tell us congratulations and let us know how many people were supporting us. She said she got several calls asking if the dog she had found was Kiara. She also wanted to let us know that the dog they found was reunited with the owner as well. :D :D

We had stopped the neighborhood icecream man and gave him a flyer a few days ago - he put it up in the window of his truck. We stopped him again yesterday and told him he could take it down. He and all of the people waiting to buy icecream cheered. :)

Thanks again, guys!

caseysmom
09-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Oh Kay that is so cool. Kiki united a community didn't she? I wonder if she got hit by a car? Not badly of course but bruised up?

labmomma
09-18-2006, 03:01 PM
What wonderful news!! All of your hard work paid off and your baby is safe and sound.
Congratulations,
Labmomma :)

beeniesmom
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I doubt she got hit by a car but I am sure she had a lot of car horns sounding off at her if she was in the road. That would explain why she is now afraid of cars.
I am so glad she is home and well. I bet she's getting lots of extra food and treat to get her weight up! You and your puppers are truly loved Kay Ann.
That guy that gave you 20 for the doggie fund.... maybe he has a special interest for you... ummmm????

caseysmom
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
I doubt she got hit by a car but I am sure she had a lot of car horns sounding off at her if she was in the road.
That would explain why she is now afraid of cars.
I am so glad she is home and well. I bet she's getting lots of extra food and treat to get her weight up! You and your puppers are truly loved Kay Ann.
That guy that gave you 20 for the doggie fund.... maybe he has a special interest for you... ummmm????

Hehe I was thinking the same thing? How old was he Kay? Was he good looking? Well who cares he loves dogs, right?

Sudilar
09-18-2006, 10:02 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!Yayyyyyyyy! Hugs!!!!

slick
09-25-2006, 01:09 AM
I was politely reminded by Laurie today that Mz Gini told me the news when I was in the hospital, then when Laurie called a day later and told me the same news I acted like I'd never heard it before. :o Guess those hospital drugs work really well.

Welcome home Kiki. Do you have any idea how many prayers were being said for your from all over the world????

Big hugs to you Kay. I can only imagine the ear the ear grin you've been proudly displaying since her return.

Now, I can go to bed and sleep well.

Kfamr
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
I wanted to thank you all again.

Today is 1 month since she's been home safe and sound. I know I still smile everytime I think about her being home.

To those who were unable to send a package, please do not feel bad. Your support and kind words mean just as much and I appreciate every little bit. Kiki may not know about those words or understand them but they make me smile and she sure knows my moods! :)

So... thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Oh, and I forgot to answer about that guy, LOL! Sillies! He is way older than I and married. But, I'd take his dogs if he let me! :p :p

Husky_mom
10-16-2006, 04:15 PM
a month already??......wow time sure flies, but i bet it stopped when she was MIA.........

glad to hear you got your package, sorry but my stuff wouldnŽt get there on time, but i still have a little something for you, youŽll just have to wait :rolleyes: