PDA

View Full Version : Hello

cassandras mommy
09-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Would Love To Hear From Any Poodle Lovers. Would Like To Know If Anyone Else Has A Poodle Or Dog With Skin Allergies. Im About At My Witts End. Help!!!

caseysmom
09-15-2006, 03:49 PM
I have poodle/shit zhu mutt/mix...

I haven't really had any issues with him until I took in my brother's cat when he passed away. This kitty brought fleas and now bubba has scabs on his back from scratching, I got him on advantage and it is helping.

My brother also had a westie terrier and he could never have wheat because of skin allergies.

cassandras mommy
09-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Sounds Like A Beautiful Dog. Thanks For The Input I Really Dont Know What To Do I Cream Her Down One By One Every Night Plus She Takes Allergy Tabs. They Really Dont Bother Her As Much As They Me, But I Guess That's The Mommy Coming Out Right? Thanks Again

sammy101
09-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Welcome to PT! :)
My Kodie had pretty severe allergies until we switched his food. So we found out he has food related allergies.What kind food are you feeding your pup?And he's also allergic to the saliva from fleas.

cassandras mommy
09-15-2006, 04:24 PM
What Does It Look Like? Cassie Get Like A Bite Of Some Kind Then It Gets A Liitle Head On It Like Puss Pops And Turns Into A Sore About The Size Of A Dime. I Have To Put Cortizone Cream On Her And It Seems To Help But They Stay Red And Her Hair Gets Thin Where The Sore Has Been. Ive Changed Food, Laundry Detergent, Changed Her Over To Front Line Because I Didnt Want To Flea Dip Her With Open Sores. Ive Been To The Vet All They Want To Do Is Run Tests And They Make Cassie Miserable On Top Of It. The Vet Has Me Give Her Allergy Tabs But They Dont Seem To Help And The Vet Seems To Think Its Somewhat Normal For A Poodle And So Does The Groomer Since She Sees This Every So Often. Then Someone Suggested Dust Mites Etc. And I Thought I Run The Sweeper Daily I Just Dont Know.

sammy101
09-15-2006, 04:29 PM
He used to get little bumps filled with puss all over his tummy and the insides of his legs.We took him to the vet and he had a bacterial infection from itching so much and just from his allergies. His skin was very dry too and always flaky.He was put on anti-biotics and something else,i dont remember what it was. He's much better now though. We switched him to Nutro Natural Choice and we got rid of the fleas. Have you gotten a second opinion?

cassandras mommy
09-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Yes I Have And The Second Vet Said That They Would Have To Do Some Testing And Not To Stress If She Doesnt Scratch Or Bite The Sores Which I Wasnt To Happy About In Any Way So I Thought This Might Be The Next Best Place To Try.