PDA

View Full Version : I've Had Enough.

BC_MoM
09-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Everytime I try to help someone out, or give advice those who have it out for me on PT always take what I say NEGATIVELY and I am absolutely SICK of it. Mostly because of the humiliation because some people don't know how to PM another when they disagree with something.

I posted this in Kiki's thread to Kay..

Sounds like you're really stressed and snappy right now, Kay. :( Have you been sleeping? Probably not well, if you could manage.

Try taking a nap. Take a hot bath.. you need to give yourself a break. For the moment, you've done what you can. Take a break to relax, and start again after.

You and Kiki are still in my thoughts.

I was trying to offer advice.

Kfamr:

no im not stressed at all :rolleyes: you do not need to call me names

i already explained myself as to why i could not give phred what he wanted to just leave it be, GEEZ

Kay, I was not even talking or referencing to Phred's posts. I did not call you a name. I know you're extremely stressed, so there is no need for that sarcastic smilie. I will forgive you.

caseysmom:

This is extremely rude!

Maybe in your twisted opinion. How was I RUDE? I was giving advice to a fellow PTer.

I'm almost ready to cry I'm so upset with some members on PT right now. Always singling me out and trying to turn what I say POSITIVELY AND ATTEMPTS AT BEING HELPFUL, to something completely negative, rude, and obnoxious.

Goodbye PT. I'll keep in touch with those of you who have been there for me.

caseysmom
09-15-2006, 03:21 PM
I apologize, this whole thing with kiki is really stressing me out and your post got my ruffled my feathers. Reading it again I realize I may have taken it wrong I just feel really protective of Kay right now.

I have never had any dealings with you before that I can remember so I am no way out to get you.

CagneyDog
09-15-2006, 03:28 PM
It's been a very stressful time at PT with slick's surgery, and kiki missing.I know that you had the best intentions in that post and you shouldn't take this personally. I hope you stick around.

sasvermont
09-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Ok, Ok. Let's everyone settle down. Let's not forget that the focus is on Slick and Kay - and their problems. Not ours. Get over it and keep your eye(s) on ball i.e. a sick person and a lost doggie. Get over your issues and move on to the real problem here, please. Just say I am sorry, and help out here.

We all love each other and guess what, we are not perfect. Well, I am, but thats for another thread.

We want Slick to get better and for Kiki to COME HOME. ((((((((Slick))))))))) and (((((((((((Kay)))))))))))).

Right kids?

Love and support to you all,

SAS and her campers
:confused:

Pembroke_Corgi
09-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Ok, Ok. Let's everyone settle down. Let's not forget that the focus is on Slick and Kay - and their problems. Not ours.
I agree. I know you meant to be helpful, but imagine how stressed Kay must be feeling. I know we all feel saddened and worried about Kiara, but she is Kay's dog and were I in that situation, I don't think I would handle it half as well. You don't need to leave pet talk... it was a misunderstanding and causing more stress won't help the situation.

Alysser
09-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Aww..Jess! :( Please don't leave PT, I didn't find your post rude in anyway, shape, or form but I guess that's just my opinion. Please PM me on occasion to let me know how you are and I have MSN. Your on my buddylist on MSN, so we could keep in contact. But please reconsider? :( PLEASE?

ETA: I agree with what was said, Kay and Slicks situation has alot of us on the edge and I think everyone is just really worried.

mustlovedogs
09-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Ok, Ok. Let's everyone settle down. Let's not forget that the focus is on Slick and Kay - and their problems. Not ours. Get over it and keep your eye(s) on ball i.e. a sick person and a lost doggie. Get over your issues and move on to the real problem here, please. Just say I am sorry, and help out here.

We all love each other and guess what, we are not perfect. Well, I am, but thats for another thread.

We want Slick to get better and for Kiki to COME HOME. ((((((((Slick))))))))) and (((((((((((Kay)))))))))))).

Right kids?

Love and support to you all,

SAS and her campers
:confused:

Very well said!
BC_MoM-
I am so sorry that some people are offending you lately...I really wish that there was some way I could help. But you're leaving PT? You can't!! We would miss you and pictures of the furbabies! Plus, you are such a nice person and we would hate to see you leave. There's alot of stress on PT right now, and alot of people are tired, busy, and stressed...but I'm sure no-one really took what you said the wrong way, I'm sure they're just really tired and busy right now. Please don't leave PT! :(

JenBKR
09-15-2006, 03:53 PM
I agree with the others, I think everyone has really been on edge lately and oh so worried about Slick and Kay. Please don't take it personally. I think that Kay is so upset over Kiara right now that she can't see straight - that's how I'd be! ((((hugs))))

Alysser
09-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow, now THAT is rude! Jessica, put her on your ignore list for now, until Karen can deal with it or keep her on there if you want. Just please don't leave! Your NOT ugly at all. Please don't leave!! :(

sasvermont
09-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Just stop it! Do I have to reach in here and thwack someone with a blunt stick?

cyber-sibes
09-15-2006, 04:04 PM
I hope you don't really leave PT, I enjoy your posts.
Try not to take it personally, just chalk it up to misinterpretation.

I've also noticed that sometimes people are just plain rude to each other on threads, and that's unfortunate. None of us likes it when people take something we mean as constructive and say something rude back. We're all just offering our opinions.
The decision is yours, just wanted to say that I didn't find your post offensive.

sasvermont
09-15-2006, 04:07 PM
I am at work and have to drive home. I don't want to get back on line later tonight and see that "we" have beat each other to a pulp over this problem, now do I?

Be good. And spend your energy more wisely.

MOM :eek:

Miss Z
09-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Gosh, Jess, I'm sorry such things have been happening to you. I hope that somehow everything works out. We're always here for you. PM me anytime if you want to talk :)

Husky_mom
09-15-2006, 04:17 PM
just my opinion........

lately, way before Slick, Catnapper and Kay.........iīve been seeing a lot of Pters bashing others, getting defensive at what might someone said, maybe it was just not written the right way, as I think we all are here to help each other and as a family, I think we are, we also get angry at some or even give a not-so-nice comeback.........but lately its been more evidently.......and some Pters more than others (Iīm not calling names, nor here nor anywhere).

I think we should all chill out and try fix our/your differences in a nice way.....what good comes for calling you this and then you calling me that?? NOTHING!!......letīs take a deep breath and it if stills bothers you just ignore that person........or as my motto......let it pass by and donīt give importance to something that donīt deserves it.........live happy why get frustrated and angry??.........(not saying this to a specific person. for the record)

some thing said, either because hard feelings or age difference may sound harsh, but letīs try play nice.........

if you feel you must go, its your choice, if you want to stay, stay, I love seeing your pups, but whether you decide to stay or not is up to you.......

sammy101
09-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Jess, i'm so sorry this is happening to you! I love seeing your furkids and i hope you stick around!

Kfamr
09-15-2006, 04:50 PM
please keep myself, my dog, or anything doing with me out of your issues.

i said/did nothing wrong to you. i found what you said as quite rude. if you are not upset with me then don't even mention me :mad: i appreciate everyone "trying" to help but telling someone they're being snappy is not helpful at all, and until you're in the exact situation you'll never know.. and i would never ever wish my situation upon anyone.

my sweetheart is missing and on top of that
i am going to go dirt poor as i've gone thru numerous paper packages, ink, tape, gas, etc. looking for Kiara and not having been to work since Monday.

Flatcoatluver
09-15-2006, 04:50 PM
(((HUGS))) You know how much I enjoy you on pt, and I would not want you to leave. If you still feel the need to leave (DON'T) please keep in contact with me on msn.

lizbud
09-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Come on guys, geeze. Lets not let our petty problems make us hateful
with each other.If you want to share your hurt feelings, PM somebody.

Kiara & Kay are going though something so tragic, it would make a saint
angry.Lets give each other some space & don't try to make this into something it isn't. Hope & pray for Kiara & Kay, and leave everything else
alone.

Karen
09-15-2006, 05:43 PM
It is always better to handle personal greivances through private messages than in a public thread. If you have a problem with anyone in particular, there are three good ways to handle it:

1. Try to work out some understanding between yourselves via Private Message or email - not publicly.

2. Contact me, and let me handle things privately, which I am doing between two of the parties involved in this thread.

3. If this fails, put that person on your Ignore list.

Pet Talk is a large and varied community. There are bound to be disagreements from time to time, but we should all treat each other respectfully, remembering that we are all here because we love pets. That gives us something in common. And even if you have 10 people on "Ignore," there are hundreds of other active members with whom you can enjoy your time on Pet Talk.

dogzr#1
09-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Awww, I'm sorry Jess. Your comment did not seem the slightest rude to me, but perhaps Kay thought it was offensive somehow. I'm sure she is extremely upset because she has just lost Kiara and I'm sure she didn't mean it. Don't leave or give up giving advice. (((Hugs)))

I, too, have noticed the increased bashing of PT members. I guess this is just a stressfull time for PT.

Ps: Jess, if you need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

buttercup132
09-15-2006, 06:23 PM
I know you dont like me at all, but why would you quote things from other posts to single people out? Why didnt you pm these people if you were hurt? Instead of making it public..thats why there is such thing as pm-ing. I think calling someone snappy when they are upset and stressed and going through a terrible time is rude . How other people dont find it offensive I dont know but it is.

Edwina's Secretary
09-15-2006, 06:28 PM
I think what you said was thoughtful and nice.

And everyone should just let it go....

kuhio98
09-15-2006, 08:41 PM
I hope everyone just calms down. Until you have proof to the contrary, ASSUME that a person is innocent of any wrong doing. Assume that the comments are made with genuine care and concern. Know that human beings under stress aren't always tactful. Sometimes we don't realize how we come across. Saying that someone is snappy or sounds stressed, is not a rude comment (in my opinion). It shows concern. And finally, if a person is so sensitive that they interpret various comments as negative, then message boards and chat rooms are not the place for you.

cali
09-15-2006, 08:56 PM
I have to agree with BC_Mom on this one, I have NEVER seen one single even remotly rude post from her but she is constantly being attacked, it astounds me how many posts I see accusing her of being extremly rude when reality check? nearly every post exept hers is rude, it drives me nuts.

Almita
09-15-2006, 09:04 PM
I have to agree with BC_Mom on this one, I have NEVER seen one single even remotly rude post from her but she is constantly being attacked, it astounds me how many posts I see accusing her of being extremly rude when reality check? nearly every post exept hers is rude, it drives me nuts.

I am with you on that. It has happened to lots of people here that are my friends and they weren't being rude at all. they were being poliete just get attacked by it.

Jessica hope you feel better and you can pm me anytime to talk things through or vent i'm here for you.

BC_MoM
09-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm going to completely ignore and block out what you just said, Kay. Keep you and your dog out of my issues? What in the WORLD are you talking about?!

Thank you very much, Cali.. I highly respect you.

Catty1
09-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I interpreted "snappy" as "ready to snap", when your nerves get bad.

"Snappy" can also mean saying things without thinking, or getting angry suddenly and "snapping" at someone by the way you speak.

BOTH come from very stressful situations.

Remember - PT has a lot of people, and a lot of age differences. What one word means to someone from one age group can mean something TOTALLY different to another one.

Heck - when I was younger, it was not cool to be a "Geek". Now computer experts have that work in their names and advertising!

One last thing - deep breath, friends - there are three sides to every situation: The way you see it, the way the other person sees it, and the wa it really is.

GROUP HUG! :D

Karen
09-15-2006, 09:15 PM
I have closed this thread. Everyone take a deep breath and go pet a pet.