PDA

View Full Version : Boomer...one year later?

orangemm
09-15-2006, 04:44 AM
Hey Boomer!

Wasn't it about this time last year that you made your global trek to the US? All I can remember is running to the computer every chance I got, day or night, to check on where you might be, high above the earth.

Then, those pictures of you, saucer-eyed, ears perked, landing in OH, waiting for your grandmeowmie and grandpawpie to pick you up and take you HOME. :eek:

How are you doing, little buddy? :)

Grace
09-15-2006, 06:54 AM
I remember, also. It's time for a Boomer update.

How is the sweet boy doing?

catmandu
09-15-2006, 08:31 AM
We sure would love to see Big Boomer again.
And all his Cat Buddies too.
Is it me or we have heard nothing from that Clowder in a while?

sirrahbed
09-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Exactly a year ago Renate :D

I have lots of photos of Boomer and they all look about the same - showing his gorgeous markings and purrfectly feline expression! I just took this one - I think he always looks so content in his favorite spot in the front hammock.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid215/p0eb391d33daf09f9fd91b0b0c3a3d6f6/ecf78c42.jpg

Boomer is still quite the loner cat. He spends most of his time going solo - no snuggling to date. He gets aggressive with the others now and then, but nothing serious. Lizzie STILL hisses at him everytime he is near - they sit and stare at one another for long periods of time :rolleyes: Boomer loves to play chase with Robbie and Eliot. They go screaming through the house, sounding like a herd of turtles.

Alpha kitty Dylan has decided he is quite ok - they will sniff each other good naturedly.

Boomer spends most every morning snuggled up in my lap at the computer. He wraps his paws around my arm and holds on. First thing every morning, he wants a kiss! No kidding!! He is pretty insistent about it too. Well, he may just be sniffing my breath :rolleyes: But it sure seems to me to be a kiss. He will come right up to me, touch noses and then touch his muzzle to my lips. Of course, I then have to plant lots of kisses on his nose and he loves it!

He runs to the kitchen for meals right along with the gang now - but only comes for lovings if no other kitty is around. His meowmie (daughter Missy) has strict rules about getting on beds, tables and counters - so she will probably be pretty surprised at all of the bad habits he has happily acquired while staying here with us :p

Missy and family are returning to the states in November - they will live in Texas!! I wonder what brother Tyler will think?? Boomer is used to having two-year old Misha here at the house and he is very gentle and sweet to her. Of course, he knows how to hide or watch from a safe distance.

Than you for asking about Boomer! I will have to give him his own thread soon.

Grace
09-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Thank you - it's nice to hear how well he is doing. And still so very handsome and dignified.

Corinna
09-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Was thinking abot that boy too as reading Julie's thread about Conner and Ally . Sure hope we can do something to help them too.

Killearn Kitties
09-15-2006, 02:33 PM
What a lovely picture of Boomer! I'm glad to know that things are reasonably peaceful. :D

Edwina's Secretary
09-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Howdy Boomer! Long time no see! You better learn to talk Texan..... ;)

orangemm
09-16-2006, 04:43 AM
I'm so glad to see Boomer has adjusted life in the states (bad habits and all! :D ).

What a sweet picture. He probably is so used to being the only cat that it has been a little bit hard for him to get along with a whole gang. He is a handsome boy, though, and he sure has latched on to his grandmeowmie!

Thanks for updating all of us; Boomer is such a handsome boy and has had such an exciting life already. Give him some scritches and kisses from me, one of his biggest fans! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-16-2006, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the uppiedate, Debbie!!!

catmandu
09-16-2006, 03:56 PM
The Found Cats are sending a Booming MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To thier Pal BIG BOOMER!!!!!!!!