PDA

View Full Version : HOW do I post pics from hard drive?

Catty1
09-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Going nuts here...it's not a photo I took, but one on my HD.

I went to Properties on it, even saved it as a shortcut on my desktop - and the jpg description does NOTHING in the IMG or LINK - and I have no idea what PHP is.

Can someone help???

Thanks!

Jessika
09-14-2006, 07:12 PM
You will need to upload them to a website that allows direct-linking (ie: linking to the image from another website). Good ones are photobucket.com imageshack.us or imagebucket.com etc

Then most photo hosting sites will have a code you can copy and paste. PT uses BBCode, so copy the BBCode and paste it in here et voila!

Catty1
09-14-2006, 07:22 PM
*groan*. Okay. So it has to be on the Internet to be posted?

I am surprised it can't come right off the HD.

Sometimes I just want to load a cute pic NOW - and I searched long and hard for this one after Huskymom's post below....

Delayed gratification is NOT my strong suit! LOL

Thanks, Jessika! :)

Jessika
09-14-2006, 07:26 PM
WELL, you can upload the image to PT itself if it meets the requirements... when you are making a post or reply, scroll down a bit until you see "manage attachments". Click the button and upload the image there.

But in order for an image to be shown on the internet, it first needs to be uploaded somewhere. You CAN show an image straight from your hard drive, but the link will be relative and only YOU would be able to see the image and no one else (unless that person just so happened to have the exact same image with the exact same name in the exact same spot on their computer as you do lol)

Karen
09-14-2006, 08:59 PM
If it is a .jpg file, you can upload it as an attachment - instant gratification. But you need to attach the actual file, NOT the shortcut.

Catty1
09-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks, Karen. I thought the "Properties" on the shortcut would help....*blush*

So will be thumbnailing it for a bit! :)

Thanks!