PDA

View Full Version : Kenny's Vet Check ....

kimlovescats
09-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Great news, Kenny is Heartworm NEGATIVE!!!! He is also even intestinal worm NEGATIVE!!! :D I am so relieved!!!! Maybe his previous owners did do more for him than it seemed. Whatever the case, I am so thrilled that he is in good shape. The only thing is his ears are very dirty and have a yeast infection. I am to clean them twice daily for a week and see if that helps. Other than that and the fact that he is 8 years old, he is in good health!
Oh, and he weighs 84 lb. 4 oz. ! :eek:

A few pictures of him enjoying his indoor life:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/9-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/9-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/9-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/9.jpg

My little girl Sassy likes him, they are beginning to develop a friendship!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/9-3.jpg

Kim

k9krazee
09-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Thats great news! Congrats on your new addition, he looks very happy! He is such a handsome boy, I love his little white feet, hehe. You are an awesome person to take this guy in and give him the life he deserves!! :D

sanford8916
09-14-2006, 12:30 PM
He looks like my Winchester, I love goldens, they are so sweet!

shais_mom
09-14-2006, 12:50 PM
that's AWESOME Kim!
I think you have found your 'next' dog! :)
he's a keeper!

luvofallhorses
09-14-2006, 01:02 PM
that's great news! :D he looks very laid back. he's such a beautiful golden boy! :D

4 Dog Mother
09-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Good News, Kim! Jack had terrible ear infections when we got him and all it took was keeping them clean to go away. I too think this dog is a keeper! Goldens are the best.

pitc9
09-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Yippeee!!
The last picture is Priceless!!!!

elizabethann
09-14-2006, 02:40 PM
That is great news!

cyber-sibes
09-14-2006, 02:55 PM
That's wonderful! That last icture is really sweet. :) You said he was "enjoying his indoor life"...was he an outdoor dog before?

kimlovescats
09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
That's wonderful! That last icture is really sweet. :) You said he was "enjoying his indoor life"...was he an outdoor dog before?

Yes, he lived his entire life outdoors which isn't a bad thing, but I don't think he got much attention ... he is about 8 years old. When I went to pick him up, he was alone in a fenced lot that was about 3 feet high in grass / weeds. His "owners" had moved to Florida and left him behind. He has pressure calluses on both elbows from lying down outdoors for so many years. :( We fixed him a nice backyard covered area with a brand new doghouse in case he couldn't adjust to the indoor life. Welp, that doghouse has yet to be "used"! ;)

Kim

Logan
09-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh Kim, what a great day it is for you and Kenny!!!! :) I'm so happy that neither of you have to deal with a heartworm problem. Whew!!!!

You know, when our Zipper arrived at our home, he was estimated to be around 8 or 9 years old. What a perfect age!!! He was so gentle and good and so happy to be surrounded by a family who loved him. And we did love him, immediately, even if he was meant to be a foster dog.........couldn't do that for long, you know. ;) I miss him so terribly these days. We just didn't have enough time with him. Cancer took his life in May of this year.

Hug Kenny for me and thank you for loving him. You have just met your best friend, for life, Kim. :)

Logan

kimlovescats
09-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Thank you, Logan! I do love Kenny, it was almost instantly! I can't imagine any "better" dog than he is! He is already so devoted to me, and I can tell he loves me so much and appreciates that I want to make him happy. I pray that he can live a long and healthful life here with us. How old was your Zipper when he passed? I'm so sorry to hear about his recent passing. :(

Kim

Logan
09-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Kim, we had Zipper for almost 3 years, so he was probably 11 or 12. He was a stray that was brought into rescue. I swear, it was the best rescue that Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue ever made........what a precious, loving boy he was. He was picked up by animal control in NC (Waynesville, I think) and was on "death row" when the rescue group pulled him. I agreed to foster and he walked into this house and no one ever batted an eye. The cats did fine with him and Honey and Lilly did too. He was perfect in every way. :) :( Gosh, I miss him so much. You can find my post in the dog memorial section if you want to learn more about Zip's illness. I don't want to bring a happy post down by going through it all again. We have had a tough year. We not only lost our Zip in May of this year, but we lost Murphy, our elderly Lab in Dec. 2005 and our precious 17 year old Mimi (kitty) in July 2006. I hope we are finished with loss for a long, long time.

I didn't mean to get all "down" when this is such a happy time for you! Hugs and kisses to you and Kenny and all of your feline babies. I am so very happy that you have this wonderful companion. I think my Zip is probably smiling down from heaven and saying "Thank you, Kim", too.

Love,
Logan
Honey, Lilly, Mack, Butter, Roger, Milly and Otto

lizbud
09-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Great news about Kenny. :D I am so happy for you both. He really is
a beautiful dog. :) It's wonderful to hear how much you care for him. He's
special soul that's for sure. :)

ps, Logan, Kenny reminds me of Zipper too. :) Rest his soul.

jazzcat
09-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Kim that is such great news.

pssst - I want him!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
09-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks for giving Kenny the life he deserves!!! Such a handsome boy!! I'm so glad he tested negative!! :)

Ginger's Mom
09-14-2006, 09:26 PM
I am glad to hear that Kenny got a clean bill of health (well almost clean). Yes, it certainly does look like he has moved right in. :D I love those white paws. The last two pictures are so cute. Sassy is a cutie-pie, too.

kimlovescats
09-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Thank you all SO MUCH for supporting me and helping me to make my new boy feel welcomed!

HUGS and big wet puppy kisses! :D
Kim and Kenny

sandragonfly
09-14-2006, 09:57 PM
great news, kenny!! :)

love his white lips, too cute! :D he looks very gentle, fuzzy and warm. did he got along with much other felinefriends too?

wish you both many more years together, happy for you, ken.

kimlovescats
09-14-2006, 11:51 PM
great news, kenny!! :)

love his white lips, too cute! :D he looks very gentle, fuzzy and warm. did he got along with much other felinefriends too?

wish you both many more years together, happy for you, ken.

Thank you, Gina! I haven't introduced him to all of the kitties yet ... don't want to put him in SHOCK! :eek: ;)

K9karen
09-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Meant to be, Meant to be, Meant to be! It's obvious Kenny's an angel and so are you!

Pam
09-15-2006, 06:19 AM
The only thing is his ears are very dirty and have a yeast infection.

Kim

Kim this is wonderful news!! Bella has battled yeast infections in her ears and we finally won the battle but I have to be very diligent to stay on top of her (poodles have ear fuzz which has to be pulled out which adds to the problem).

I think Kenny looks a lot like Zipper (like he is wearing little white *glasses* around his eyes. :) ) He sounds like he is the perfect dog for your family. I hope to hear and see lots more of this boy in the future and more pictures like the one below too would certainly be appreciated! How absolutely precious is that!!!!

shais_mom
09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Kim this is wonderful news!! Bella has battled yeast infections in her ears and we finally won the battle but I have to be very diligent to stay on top of her (poodles have ear fuzz which has to be pulled out which adds to the problem).

I think Kenny looks a lot like Zipper (like he is wearing little white *glasses* around his eyes. :) ) He sounds like he is the perfect dog for your family. I hope to hear and see lots more of this boy in the future and more pictures like the one below too would certainly be appreciated! How absolutely precious is that!!!!

Another thing you can do for yeast infections is take a little bit of plain yogurt and put it in the ear and work it around. My holistic vet suggested this for Kloe.

zoey
09-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Yayy Kenny!! I'm glad to hear your test results are good and that you're making friends with your new sister, Sassy. :D D

wolfsoul
09-15-2006, 10:00 PM
What good news! Congrats! :)

caseysmom
09-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Thank you so much for giving an older boy a home. He will reward you with lots of love.

kimlovescats
09-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Thank you, Staci for the yogurt tip! I'm supposed to be cleaning his ears out 2x per day with the Nolvasan I already had .... but now I can't seem to locate it! :rolleyes: I know it's in this house somewhere! ;)

Again ... I appreciate all of the nice comments on my big boy ... he is truly a gentle man and I just love him so much! :)

Kim