PDA

View Full Version : Lady Phoenix is growing...

Russian Blue
09-14-2006, 08:53 AM
I can't believe how much she has grown these past 12 days. I'm so used to seeing Nakita's small frame so Phoenix looks huge to me...like a... football player - stocky and short. :D

I think they are wrong on her age. They estimated 12 weeks on Sept. 10 but she looks much bigger than that...maybe 14-16 weeks?? What do you think all you kitten experts - I'm the worst person to determine age.

Crossing her paws, like a lady. ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix%202006/LadyPhoenixsmall.jpg

Looking cute on the condo...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix%202006/Phoenixcondosmall.jpg

As a comparison to Nakita....she's almost bigger than her already! :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix%202006/PhoenixNakTogetherPana.jpg

As a side note, I was wondering why these pictures didn't seem as clear as the other ones. Then I looked at my lense and there was a blurry nose print on it. Ha! :D

Killearn Kitties
09-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Aww, how sweet! I want a blurry nose print on my lens too! :D Actually I have never thought to look, maybe there are some there already! :D

Nakita is such a tiny girl, Phoenix does look big beside her. It is awfully hard to judge size in photos though, I would need to see her in person. ;)

Queen of Poop
09-14-2006, 09:05 AM
She's beautiful. I love the chin spot!!!

catmandu
09-14-2006, 09:41 AM
She may well be a Big Girl Cat.
Scrappy 2 certainly is big for a Girl Cat, and is bigger than a lot of the Found Cats.Phoenix is really going to be an Amazon of a Cat, if shes that big already.

kimlovescats
09-14-2006, 10:07 AM
It's hard to tell about her age, especially in a picture. I absolutely LOVE her though, she is a real beauty! Well, she would HAVE to be to live in the same household with the gorgeous Miss Nakita! :D

elizabethann
09-14-2006, 10:10 AM
She's so beautiful & regal looking.

Barbara
09-14-2006, 10:24 AM
She may not be much older. My Tigris at 12 weeks looked much bigger than Filou at 16- and now he has close to double the weight. BTW he looked similar to Phoenix in face expression ;)
Tigris is 5,8 kg- and that's not too much for him.
So Phoenix not being a dainty princess she has to start- and she looks as happy and healthy as can be :)

BC_MoM
09-14-2006, 10:37 AM
:eek: :eek:
She's beautiful!! I think I might have to steal her from you!

catlover4ever
09-14-2006, 11:15 AM
I think she is taking pointers from Miss Nakita on how to be ladylike. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
09-14-2006, 11:43 AM
I think that she just looks a lot larger because Nakita is such a small cat.:) I know that when Pearl and Starr were kittens, Pearl was much beefier looking but Starr was longer and thinner even though they're only 2 months apart. Now Starr has gotten beefier and Pearl has gotten longer and thinner. Some cats will just be larger than others.:)

Right now my Ziggy still looks so tiny compared to all of my other cats but she's also been growing longer and gaining weight since I've had her. She may surprise me and become a large cat too.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-14-2006, 12:45 PM
What a precious lady she is!!! Give her a kiss on that nosie of her :)

shais_mom
09-14-2006, 12:52 PM
soooooo cute! :)

aki
09-14-2006, 01:01 PM
She is so pretty and very ladylike indeed! :D

Felicia's Mom
09-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Phoenix is beautiful. :)

Edwina's Secretary
09-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Not to worry sweet Phoenix....not all of us can be dainty and little. We can still be ladylike regardless....and you are most beautiful!

Abby&Buddy'sMom
09-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Little Phoenix, what a lucky little girl you are to have gotten such a wonderful new home and new cat sister too. oh by the way , you are also quitet he cutie too :)

buttercup132
09-14-2006, 06:31 PM
I really enjoy your pictures!! She is so cute she has gotten big!

K & L
09-14-2006, 07:10 PM
She sure is. They growup so fast don't they?

Beauty17
09-15-2006, 09:27 AM
She is darling. I notice that her left paw is crossed over her right in the first picturer. My cat Indigo likes to cross her paws, too, and it is always left over right. Beauty, when she crosses her paws, crosses right over left. If they, um, take a drink from the toilet (which they do, sometimes), Indigo braces with her left paw, and Beauty with her right paw. Interesting, eh?

ramanth
09-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Ahhh!! How do you get her to pose!? Zam does everything in her power to sabotage a perfectly good opportunity for a photo shoot. *laughs*

Phoenix is gorgeous! I love her markings. :)

sasvermont
09-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Just curious about your progress with the introduction! I bet things will quiet down really soon.

I have three Abys and one black barn cat. They are soooo different in structure. The Abys are lean, long legged, flat furred, long bodied and then there is little Lucy - she out weighs them by a couple of pounds, has short legs, longish hair, a puffy tail, fatish body.....more to love I suppose. As it turns out, Lucy is not able to get up on as many bookcases and cabinets so the Abys can get away from her easily. I do think Lucy is fat, but I bet it is just because I compare her to my skinny minnie Abys.

Please keep us posted!

SAS and her campers ;)