PDA

View Full Version : I found a dog in Belding, Michigan

sanford8916
09-14-2006, 05:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

I live in Belding, Michigan. Last night we found a cute dog. He is really sweet and good with kids, cats and other dogs. He is clean and a nice weight. He has a collar on but no tags. We already call the city, placed an ad on Pet finder and another site. I am going to try and get him to the vet to get him scanned for a chip. We will only be able to keep him until the end of today. He is not fixed and Lou Lou doesn't go in until Monday to get spayed. If anyone knows anyone in the Belding area, could you please pass this information onto them!

Thanks,
Heather

PS. I have been thinking of Kay and what she is going through and wanted to give this pup a good chance to get back to his owners. :)

Kfamr
09-14-2006, 08:42 AM
PLEASE go to the vet and get him scanned. PLEASE.

Do it as soon as possible. If someone has Kiara right now and would do that we'd have her in our arms.

sanford8916
09-14-2006, 11:04 AM
I did that first thing this morning and he didn't have a microchip. Even though my dogs are microchipped I might not of thought to do it if you weren't for what Kay is going through right now. I even took him to the two vets to see if maybe they would reconize(sp) him as one of their patients, no luck! Poor little guy, he is now with our local animal shelter and I e-mailed her all the information that I had collected and I will call her when they open, and I left the found ads on Petfinder just in care. I also plan to go to the local paper at nap time to put an ad in stating that he is at the shelter! Kay, I really hope you find your baby soon!

sanford8916
09-14-2006, 11:46 AM
I just got an e-mail from the shelter manager, she knew who the owners are, he has been there 3 times. It's ticket time! So maybe they won't claim him this time and the shelter can find him a new home. Atleast now the shelter can tell people that he is good with other dogs, cats and good with a house full of daycare kids, walks nice on a leash, is potty and crate trained and all around awesome dog, he is the type of dog that she will easily be able to get him into a resue or to the humane society. :)

ramanth
09-14-2006, 12:24 PM
That was nice of you to do Heather. I hope the owners can keep him home from now on or that the shelter finds him a nice new home.

I'm in MI, but not near Belding and the dog you described sounds a lot like the foster pup we have right now. :)

k9krazee
09-14-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm in MI, but not near Belding and the dog you described sounds a lot like the foster pup we have right now. :)

You have a foster pup, Kimmy?

cyber-sibes
09-14-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm in MI, but not near Belding and the dog you described sounds a lot like the foster pup we have right now. :)A foster pup? Tell us more...post a picture, please?

Heather, it was awfully nice of you to take him to the vet to be checked, put out ads, etc. Many people would not get that involved and just dump him at the pound. He sounds like a sweetie!