PDA

View Full Version : Computer/Photo program question

catnapper
09-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Ok folks, I know there's a way to go into my computer and change which photo viewer is the default viewer. Right now when I double click on a photo, it opens up in PhotoImpression 4. I have a newer version installed on my computer and would like the new PhotoImpression 5 to be the default photo viewer. I can not remember how I set it up to be PhotoImpression 4 in the first place and its frustrating me to no end! HELP!

Craftlady
09-13-2006, 02:04 PM
I'd take the version 4 off the system since it's not overwriting the newer version or try going into version 5 and doing the setting changes there. I know with XP it asks you what/how you want to view a photo when it's on a cd rom.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Double click on My Computer (which should be on your desktop). Click on Tools/Folder Options/File Types. This is where you tell your computer which program to use to open certain file extensions.

Kim, I know you're not a computer novice so I didn't get too detailed once you get there because I know you'll be able to figure it out, but let me know if you have more questions. :)

G535
09-13-2006, 06:17 PM
I'd also suggest uninstalling the older version, there are often conflicts with two different versions of the same programme on the one computer.

Jessika
09-13-2006, 06:30 PM
If you right-click on the file you are trying to open, choose "open with..." then "choose program" menu, browse to find the program you want to open it with, and check the "always use the selected program..." checkbox et viola!