PDA

View Full Version : NOT what he would have wanted

Pawsitive Thinking
09-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Why?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601081&sid=acdQTOouT9rU&refer=australia

cloverfdx
09-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Thats is soooo wrong :(. It has not been on the news here though, which is odd :confused:.

Laura's Babies
09-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Nope, definately not what he would have wanted.

mugsy
09-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Idiots...the animal reacted out of instinct. It just solidifies my contempt for the human race. :mad:

Pawsitive Thinking
09-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Idiots...the animal reacted out of instinct. It just solidifies my contempt for the human race. :mad:

Hey! we're not all bad :D

K9soul
09-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Steve would be horrified, how can anyone profess to be a fan of Steve, a man who had nothing but compassion for all living things, and do such a horrible thing? :( This is SICKENING. Way to honor Steve.. go out and slaughter wildlife :mad:

JenBKR
09-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Exactly, he would be so upset by that. I just don't understand people :(

Vela
09-13-2006, 09:17 AM
That's very sad, not something Steve ever would have wanted. He wouldn't be blaming the stingray for his death, and neither should anyone else. Ugh.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Exactly, he would be so upset by that. I just don't understand people :(

He most certainly would!!
How awful!!

CathyBogart
09-13-2006, 11:19 AM
What a terrible thing.... :( Poor rays...

Miss Z
09-13-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm sure if he could come back for just one day, he'd probably go to those people and tell them they are not his true fans, as they are doing the exact opposite of what he worked for his whole life. It's a shame the human race is the way it is sometimes. :(

mugsy
09-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Hey! we're not all bad :D

No, not animal lovers....but, doing what I do with rescues and shelters....it has made me jaded...I'm just not a very nice person anymore! :p

ramanth
09-13-2006, 03:13 PM
So very sad. :( :(

Definitely not what Steve would of wanted. I'm sure he weeps.

Alasse
09-13-2006, 06:27 PM
This has been around for longer than Steve Irwin has been gone....so dunno if its just stepped up a bit because of it or that this lot of rays were actually found before being cleaned up out at sea

Steve would certainly NOT condone this behaviour, even if its not a new thing

buttercup132
09-13-2006, 08:46 PM
What the hell!!! That is so stupid and sad!!

People are so stupid!!!!!

If they knew anything about Steve they would know that he would NEVER want this.

Zippy
09-13-2006, 09:36 PM
He would be the one down there stopping them. :mad: What are people thinking?more like why aren't people thinking :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
09-14-2006, 12:26 PM
:mad: Oh My that is just so horrible.. No Steve Irwin would not have allowed this.. He was in their domain & knew that & the stingray just thought he was defending himself.. WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP FINDING EXCUSES TO KILL IS JUST BESIDE ME.. :mad:

BC_MoM
09-14-2006, 02:44 PM
My friend and I were just talking about this.

He wouldn't have even BLAMED the stingray!

He would have said how it was HIS fault for invading the stingray's space, startling him, etc..

Ugh. Why do people feel the need for revenge? Revenge is a SIN.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-14-2006, 03:56 PM
No, not animal lovers....but, doing what I do with rescues and shelters....it has made me jaded...I'm just not a very nice person anymore! :p

Yes you are, otherwise you wouldn't be doing what you do :D

Anita Cholaine
09-14-2006, 04:11 PM
What a nice tribute to Steve... :mad: Human stupidity doesn't stop amazing me :(

k9krazee
09-14-2006, 04:43 PM
I heard about this a few days ago and was shocked. Definitely not what he would've wanted :(

Tralee
09-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Steves death was very rare. Only three people have died from sting rays in Australia. It is like getting hit by lightning. If he had been hit in the arm or leg he would have been back at work the next day.
I think it is terrible that people are blaiming this animal. That is so terrible.

Husky15
09-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Steve Irwin had a love for all animals and would never want people to kill and cut off their tails. That is just human stupidity. Getting revenge on an animal. STUPID! The animal was only doing what it was suppose to do, protecting itself. It felt threatened and got scared and didn't know what to do so it went with it's first instinct, used it's weapon. Unfortunately this ended in the death of Steve :(. They're suddenly declaring these animals as "dangerous". Well, stingray attacks are very rare. Would they be doing this if it was just a normal civilian from their area? I think not. This is just stupidity and they got to realize all they're doing is making fools out of themself. If they were true Steve Irwin fans they wouldn't harm an animal. They truly do not know Steve in the slightest. If a human had a gun, and a murderer was about to attack them, would they not defend themself? Yes. They would. Not calling Steve a murderer though...