PDA

View Full Version : Which Way?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2006, 08:07 PM
I've been spending a lot of time in our clothes closets lately.....amazing how many unworn clothes one accumulates :rolleyes: .......and I noticed something I guess I never paid attention to before....

Which way do you hang your clothes and do they all hang the same way?

I hang all my clothes so, as an example, the front of all my blouses face to the left. EVERYTHING is hung this way - no exceptions. If by chance something accidentally gets hung the other way, I change it as soon as I notice it.

Which way do you hang your clothes?

dogzr#1
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
That's how I hang mine up, or mostly hang mine up. Sometimes if I am in a rush or I'm lazy, I just hang 'em up any ole way, but most of the time, I hang my shirts so the front is facing the left. My pants on the other hand are always pointing right, well the butt part is always pointing right.

Jessika
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I really don't even pay attention :o

Danegirl2208
09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
i dont even pay attention to which way they hang lol ;)

Pam
09-12-2006, 08:14 PM
I hang all my clothes so, as an example, the front of all my blouses face to the left. EVERYTHING is hung this way - no exceptions.

That is how I hang hubby's and mine also. My coat closet is the same way - no exceptions. :) I am a little freaky with my closets. I even hang like colors together. It makes it easier when trying to put together an outfit. :)

ACK!!!! I read this wrong. The front of all of my clothes hang to the right. That said, the above is all true. :) Sorry I just can't read I guess. LOL!

luvofallhorses
09-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I hang them to the right.

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I don't hang my clothes. They all get put in my dresser, folded. Lol...there isn't any room in my closet for clothes, that's where I keep all of Tango's things.

cali
09-12-2006, 08:23 PM
I dont use my closet.. well not for cloths, I used the space to build my rabbits cage lol nope my clean cloths are either in the dryer, on the dryerm in in a basket in the laudry room, my dirty cloths are on my floor behind a barrier, and Happy uses them as a bed lol

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2006, 08:25 PM
I forgot to mention....

I have no idea how I got started hanging my clothes this way because my mom does it the complete opposite. When we visit, I always borrow one of her bathrobes. When I'm done, I go to hang it back up and I always do it backwards according to her system. Drives me BUGGY! I'm sure it drives her buggy too when she goes for the robe and finds it hanging the wrong way. :p :D

Pam, do you know how your daughter hangs her clothes? Just curious if it's the same way as you do since I do it the opposite of my mother. Hmmm....maybe another poll is necessary? ;) :D

Laura's Babies
09-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Ha! I never thought about it or even noticed until you asked this.... Thinking about it, I do it here at home and in my closet on the boat.. (facing the left and I am right handed) :rolleyes:

Almita
09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I have my shirts face the left and my pants where the zipper is at facing the right..

chocolatepuppy
09-12-2006, 08:28 PM
I hang my clothes fronts facing the left, always. If hubby hangs something up, which is rare, he does the opposite. I used to change them if he hung them that way, now I don't. ;)

Pam
09-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Pam, do you know how your daughter hangs her clothes? Just curious if it's the same way as you do since I do it the opposite of my mother.

Debbie, I have seen her closet and there is no rhyme or reason to it! :D (Sorry Robyn!) I guess my *anal* gene did not pass along. LOL!

k9krazee
09-12-2006, 09:20 PM
I have no idea ;)

caseysmom
09-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Its funny you mention this because since my brother died I have been going through his things and he was a widow so I know it was him hanging his clothes.

I couldn't get over the fact that he hung his clothes facing the right. So many questions you would like to ask another person after they die, that is kind of silly but it bugged me the day I went in his room.

By the way I hang mine with the front facing the left...is there really any other way :D

Cinder & Smoke
09-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I really needed to check TWO choices:

#1 = You're supposed to HANG clothes?
(Clothes need to spend severl days in the Laundry Basket after drying to properly *wrinkle* http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif
and
#2 = When they do get hung, ALL the fronts face Left -
INCLUDING all Jackets and zipper / button front upper body items.

Guy's PANTS must hang differently - instead of left / right it's more like
Zipper faces into the closet or faces out of the closet on a pants hanger -
with feet UP and belt loops DOWN.

However, if on a regular hanger - we have an additional choice ...
Top end left / feet end right -or- Top end right / feet end left --- in addition to
the Zipper orientation of In / Out ...
Giving PANTS up to FOUR hanging directions.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
--------------------

Hey Deb ~

Here's ideas for your Next Polls ...

When Getting Dressed:

1) Which ARM goes into a shirt, blouse, or jacket FIRST? Left or Right?
and - does it MATTER to you?

ME? - ALWAYS RIGHT arm in First --- I can't DO it left arm in first!

2) Which LEG goes into a pair of Pants FIRST?
and - can you do it with the "other leg" first without loosing you balance?

I never knew how *important* inserting LEFT leg first was till I tried putting my
Fire Department Bunker Pants on "backwards" one day in the Station.
I had both feet in the boots and started to pull up the pants when...
NUTZ!
The left side suspender had flopped between my legs ...
I took out the LEFT foot & leg - as if I'd started with the right foot & leg in first ...
cleared the suspender problem,
then tried to re-insert the LEFT foot & leg into the pants & boot ...
and promptly FELL OVER on the floor beside the engine!

Thought the smart-butt kid driving was gonna fall out his door he was *laffin* so hard! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

3) And do another one -
Which SOCK goes on first ...
and which SHOE goes on first??

ME? ALWAY the Left sock first; and shoes the same - Left first - always.

Catty1
09-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't have rods in my closet - it's one of those things where the hanger hooks can only go in one direction. So everything wound up LEFT.

This topic reminds me of a Gary Larsen Far Side cartoon where we see this fellow sitting on the side of his bed and looking at a huge sign on the wall which says:

"FIRST your pants! THENNNNN your shoes!!"

:)

cyber-sibes
09-12-2006, 10:10 PM
ROTFLMAO! Phred, you're too much! :D What a scene!

I've gotten a little obsessive about hanging my clothes, since I started working in a clothing store! Now all mine are organized by fabric & sleeve length, all hang with the front facing left, and I "fluff" the sleeves to overlap, just like we do at the store. :rolleyes:
My husband hangs his "backwards" - they mostly face right. :p drives me nuts.

kimlovescats
09-12-2006, 10:17 PM
I hang mine all facing left. I'm guessing that right-handed people do this, and that possibly left-handed people would hang them facing towards the right?

Karen
09-12-2006, 10:25 PM
I pay absolutely no attention to which direction the front faces, probably both because we have one lefty and one righty hanging laundry in this house, but they are all organized by color and shade. And if someone else hangs something in th wrong spot in the spectrum, I move it when I notice it!

Edwina's Secretary
09-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Someone told me once that men and women hang clothes differently and...in my experience it is true! Go to a coat closet...in an office or the like...and most likely women's coats will be hung one way and men's the other (I am too tired to remember which is which.... :rolleyes: )

It is like putting a belt on your pants...men start on one side and women the other....

(Time for RICHARD to chime in with a joke of some sort.... :rolleyes: )

catnapper
09-13-2006, 07:12 AM
I'm almost religious about how I hang everything. Even in the basement where old clothes go to die, everything is hung facing all the same way.

When Ashley was getting the closet ready with baby clothes, I went and undid half of what she did -- she merely put things on hangers, I had to rehang everything to face the "right" direction! Don't even get me started on how I wanted to color code the hangers according to size - she refused to let me do that one! LOL Now she doesn't hang anything, she just takes what I fold and puts it in a basket. I guess its better than fighting me on the hanger situation! :p

ramanth
09-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Typically it's "I just hang my clothes and don’t pay attention to which way they hang."

But I voted for "You're supposed to hang clothes?"

90% of the time they go straight from the laundry basket to my back. :rolleyes: I keep telling myself that I'll put them away..... any day now.... any day now.... :D

Barbara
09-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Main problem is to get them in all of them. The direction doesn't matter. Plus there are still plenty of clothes all over the house :o

lizbud
09-13-2006, 06:13 PM
This is really a question I've never though about before. I had to go look
in the closet to see how they were hung. Some left & some right, so I guess
I don't think about which way they are facing. :)

Vette
09-13-2006, 07:41 PM
I never noticed this before,, till you mentioned it. LOL
but i hang my cloths so that the front is faceing to the left.

Killearn Kitties
09-14-2006, 05:25 AM
There isn't an option there for the way I hang my clothes, which is they all hang facing the middle. The rail you put the hangers on has an additional support in the centre; suits and work clothes hang on the left-hand side as you look at it, with separates, casual trousers and a few very dressy dresses on the right-hand side. All face the centre.

I also have the problem that it is getting increasingly difficult to jam anything in there!

sirrahbed
09-14-2006, 08:25 AM
I hang mine all facing left. I'm guessing that right-handed people do this, and that possibly left-handed people would hang them facing towards the right?

That is my theory, also. I know when I hang clothes, I hold the hanger in my right hand with the hook facing left like ? and then put the garment on it so that the front of it is facing me.

Hubby hangs his the opposite and he is right handed, but male of course :p

Any lefties who have all of their clothing facing left?

Freckles
09-14-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm officially right handed, but I do a lot of things with my left hand; count coins, deal cards and hang up clothes so they face right - except for my sweat shirts - they all face left! :)

Logan
09-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Well, we are both "lefties",but we always hang our clothes facing to the left! Scott is meticulous about that!!! ;)

KYS
09-14-2006, 09:13 AM
I am not really that careful, but I do try to
hang my clothes so the open end of the hook is facing away from me.

Most of the clothes are facing towards the left and are placed by color. :)

Zippy
09-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Never hang my clothes.I put them in a hanging drawer thing :D

pitc9
09-14-2006, 09:15 AM
I never noticed how I hung my clothes, but now that I looked most face to the left.