PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on cheerleading and dress code...

dogzr#1
09-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Ok, today at school there was going to be a game afterschool so the cheerleaders got to wear their uniforms. The uniforms consist of SHORT skirts and a tank top. The thing that is bothering my friend and I is that they actually get to wear that to school, and they don't have to tuck in the shirts. My friend and I think it's wrong that they get to wear that because it is not part of the dress code. The dress code says that all skirts have to be at least 3in above the knee in order to be able to be worn to school. It was like they were wearing hooker skirts they are that short! Another thing that bothered us, they don't have to tuck in the shirts. The shirts are a good length, if you wore them with jeans, they would probably go a little past the belt-loop thingies. We are in tennis and we have practice in the morning until 7:30, and then again first period which starts at 8:00. During that time we go to eat breakfast and we have to tuck in our shirts. We just have our athletic shorts and our regular t-shirts with our number, and our tennis logo. And we have to bloody tuck them in. It annoys us that they get to be excluded from two major parts of the dress code, but we still have to follow them. So, do you think they should be allowed to wear the short skirts and have their shirts untucked just because they are cheerleaders? (sorry for the ridiculously long post, I got slightly carried away :p )

Jessika
09-12-2006, 07:39 PM
yeah that always bothered me in high school, too. how we had a strict dress code but the cheerleader uniforms clearly broke nearly every aspect of that dress code and they got away with it. So to straighten it out, they had to wear leggings and either a jacket or long sleeved shirt under their uniform if they were wearing it during school hours. I can't remember at actual football games and whatnot, but I do remember them complaining about it lol Poor babies, have to dress just like everyone else (I wasn't too fond of most cheerleaders at my HS... they used their uniforms as a social status and talked down to others. :( )

dogzr#1
09-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Oh yes, most of the cheerleaders are annoying and rude and all, just because they are on the team. When we were in tennis, we have to share our locker room with some of the volleyball girls and most of them just happen to be cheerleaders. Our locker room has three sections of lockers to keep it not so smushed up. Well my friend Jackie went to the 'volleyball/cheerleader side' and got bashed for it! Ms. Cheerleader told her 'Why are you over here? You have to go back over to your side'. It was so rude! They made her walk back to the tennis side in her undies! I wish they didn't make such a big deal over becoming a cheerleader. So what you cheer and dance at games? It's getting increasingly annoying they use their 'stats' as cheerleaders to put everyone else down. :mad:

No offense to those who are/were cheerleaders. I am not talking about cheerleaders in general because I know that not all behave like this.