PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #177 - Pain Free

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Found the perfect drink for Slick for tomorrow's sir-jury.

Pain Killer
1/4 glass Rum , pusser
1/4 glass Cream of coconut
1/3 glass Pineapple juice
healthy splash Orange juice
sprinkle Nutmeg
1 Maraschino cherry
lots Ice

If that doesn't work, she will feel like she got....
Punch in the Head
2 oz. 151 Proof Rum
1 oz. Southern Comfort
1 oz. Midori
Cranberry Juice
Pineapple Juice
Orange Juice
Mix Rum and Southern Comfort in a large glass. Add Midori until the drink
begins to turn green up to the full oz. Fill the glass with cranberry and
pineapple juice. Serve over ice with a splash of orange juice.

And when this is alllll over, she'll feel like one....
Foxy Lady
1/2 oz Amaretto
1/2 oz Creme de cacao
2 oz Light cream

Good thoughts and prayers going out to Slick!!! :D

Pssst....Mario, where are you going with my drink book. Bring that back, I NEED that!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Oops, just realized this is a day early for Thursdays and two days before Slick's sir-jury. Shows how screwed up my days have been lately. I'm going to leave it though, because I just spent an hour searching the internet for appropriate drinks! :rolleyes: :p :D

Dorothy39
09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
AND!!!!! You did a real good job!!!!!
I'll raise my glass to all that!!!!!!! :D

That ought to do it!!!

RedHedd
09-12-2006, 06:03 PM
LOL! Enough of those and Slick won't need anesthesia! Slick, I told you we'd all drink to you at this Thursdays and we are. I'll even share my hidden stash of the old, BIG Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with everyone! Candy and drinks are on me! No, Mario, not literally - HELP! :eek: :D

P.S. What's pusser rum? Sounds like a research project .... :p

Russian Blue
09-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Oops, just realized this is a day early for Thursdays and two days before Slick's sir-jury.....

Cool...you're open early. Gotta love that! Expect the unexpected is what I say. I really REALLY could use a drink. Actually, I've changed my mind.....I'll have one of each of the above. Nakita and Phoenix might be driving me over the edge but at least I'll be smiling. :p

Hey Red, can I get into that hidden stash? ;) Reese's cups......mmmmm...Reese's....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2006, 08:20 PM
P.S. What's pusser rum? Sounds like a research project .... :p
I knew I could count on you Redhedd. ;) You work for an attorney, don't you? Let me guess....in the research department? ;)

I'm up for a plain ol slushie myself....or maybe 3 or 4......

Lady's Human
09-12-2006, 08:29 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A378182

Ask and ye shall recieve!

I'll try one of each (or two, or maybe three) of the DOTD's, been yet another long week.

I am looking at a minor visit with sir jury, so I need all the help I can get, maybe "nelson's blood" (see above link) will put me in the right mood!

RedHedd
09-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I knew I could count on you Redhedd. ;) You work for an attorney, don't you? Let me guess....in the research department? ;) Yup - I'm a paralegal; we do all the phun stuff the attorneys don't want to. Actually, I love my job - doing research is like a treasure hunt to me.

From 1655 to 1 August, 1970, the sailors of Britain's Royal Navy received a daily ration of rum from the ship's Purser. No one is quite sure who the first person was who eventually said, 'hmmm... this might not be such a good idea'. Admittedly, the ration of rum wasn't a whole lot, and the sailors are known to have watered it down into a drink known as 'Grog' to make the rum last longer. But for 300 years ships of the Royal Navy operated without the benefit of warning labels proclaiming, 'Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to operate machinery'.

Drunken sailors are known to have difficulties with enunciating their words clearly and precisely. And the word 'Purser' quickly became 'Pusser' and that is how the name of the rum was born, and, while it is no longer issued to the crews of Royal Navy ships, British Navy Pusser's Rum, a product of the British Caribbean islands of Guyana, Trinidad, and the British Virgin Islands, is sold in bottles worldwide. At 95.5° proof, Pusser's Rum is a strong, dark rum, better than any other rum you are likely to encounter on land or sea.

95.5° proof, Pusser's Rum is a strong, dark rum
Yikes! :eek:

RedHedd
09-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I am looking at a minor visit with sir jury, so I need all the help I can get, maybe "nelson's blood" (see above link) will put me in the right mood!
I will be having a sir-jury myself sometime in the next month or so. So let's sing!

A Drop of Nelson's Blood (or Roll the Old Chariot Along)

Oh, a drop of Nelson's blood wouldn't do us any harm;

(Repeat three times)
And we'll all hang on behind.
(chorus:)
We'll roll the old chariot along,
An' we'll roll the old chariot along;
So we'll roll the old chariot along,
An' we'll all hang on behind!

Oh, a little mug o' beer wouldn't do us any harm, etc...

Oh, a plate of Irish stew wouldn't do us any harm, etc...

Oh, a little slug of gin wouldn't do us any harm, etc...

Oh, a night upon the shore wouldn't do us any harm etc.

Oh, a little drop of wine wouldn't do us any harm, etc...

Oh, a nice fat cook wouldn't do us any harm, etc...

Oh, a long spell in gaol wouldn't do us any harm, etc...

Oh, a nice watch below wouldn't do us any harm, etc...

Oh, a night with the gals wouldn't do us any harm, etc...

Sandy Bottoms!

RICHARD
09-12-2006, 09:04 PM
lol,

No worries T&P..

I was going to open tonight...
One day won't hurt...

Prayers for the Slickster and Can't we have a blood drive for Nelson instead? :confused:

slick
09-12-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm very familiar with Pusser Rum. Every Christmas morning we have some in our coffee. :) Then, we may have a second cup of coffee. :) :)

Prayers for Kay please. Kiki is still missing. :(

I've still got some housework to do so pass on over a Punch in the Head.....it might knock some sense into me. :D :D

Corinna
09-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm glaad for the early opening too. I have quite the days ahead with my new responsiblities at work. Srarted today lots of phone calling I hate the phone . got to make a flyer for our halloween costume contests.got to find some clip art.
Lots of prayers for Kay and Kiki.

Edwina's Secretary
09-12-2006, 11:08 PM
As luck would have it....I have a bottle of Pusser's Rum in my liquor cabinet....

Had a shot of it with a friend on Labor Day in fact....

what do you mean I never told you where I keep my liquor Slick???? :D ;)

Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of rum...

Lady's Human
09-12-2006, 11:19 PM
okay, if we all start singing "15 men on a dead man's chest", I'm going to get worried. :eek:

caseysmom
09-12-2006, 11:50 PM
I usually don't make my way into the bar...don't usually know my limit so I just stay away.

Today I am so depressed for Kiki being missing I need something strong and tall please.

RICHARD
09-13-2006, 03:13 AM
I usually don't make my way into the bar...don't usually know my limit so I just stay away.

Today I am so depressed for Kiki being missing I need something strong and tall please.

One Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Hows about a rum and coke?

DONE!

LH,

Why?

The dead man don't feel a thing!

Some DOTDs?

Sir Jury? :eek:

DONE?

ES,

I keep my liqour in my glass right where I can get to it!

One Pusser's Rum?
DONE!

Slick,
NPO, baby, NPO!

DONE! and prayers? More done!

REDD,

Center stage for you!

What the hell is this, :eek: a MASH unit? Just keep them small, ok?

RB,

Welcome...

Some DOTDs?

DONE!

D39,

Welcome...

Here ya go, DOTDs!

DONE!

Lady, Possum,
what are you barking at?

Mario,
What are you doing with that cutlass and the eyepatch?

caseysmom
09-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Richard, its 7:00 am in california, yeah rum and coke sounds good :D

Hey Richard didn't you hear you latino's are HOT.

gini
09-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh Pusser's Rum? Now that has to be one of my favorite rums. I first tasted it at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica and then went out to find a bottle to buy.

Turned out Trader Joe's had it in stock - but not anymore. Guess I will head down to visit Sara...........and raid her liquor cabinet.

Here's to Slick.............Pain Free and Cancer Free!! Just think, next Thursday we can drink to her good health.

Mario - get back here - I can tell you are up to no good.

RedHedd
09-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Today I am so depressed for Kiki being missing I need something strong and tall please. Let's see if RICHARD is around. :p

I'm SO sorry Kiki is still missing.

RICHARD
09-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Let's see if RICHARD is around. :p

I'm SO sorry Kiki is still missing.

Richard is more of a SQUARE, not around! :rolleyes:

Gini,

they will have to ask Slick to leave by Saturday... ;)

CM,

Just because Ahr- nold said Latinos were hot doesn't make it a law!
He probably had to speak around his foot...

Rum and Coke?

DOne.......Leave the tip for the Dictator, Senor Ghadaffi! :eek:

RedHedd
09-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Richard is more of a SQUARE, not around! :rolleyes:
perhaps, but you are tall and strong - I've seen pictures! :p

lbaker
09-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Oddly enough (I guess "odd" should go without saying around here) September 19 is the official "TalkLikeAPirate" day www.talklikeapirate.com

"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum..
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
The mate was fixed by the bosn's pike (one heck of way to be "fixed" if you ask me :eek: )
The bosun brained with a marlinspike..."

Corinna
09-13-2006, 03:31 PM
I'll take a DLC on the way to work should be in tresting they just hired my SIL to manager our warehouse . So I have to work with him gads!!!!
Saying many prayers for Kiki and Kay. That girl has to be devastaed she works so much with her crew .

RICHARD
09-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I'll take a DLC on the way to work should be in tresting they just hired my SIL to manager our warehouse . So I have to work with him gads!!!!
Saying many prayers for Kiki and Kay. That girl has to be devastaed she works so much with her crew .

DLC? DONE!

LB,
ARGH! Here we go one more time! :eek:

Lady's Human
09-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Arrrgh, me mateys!

Time to splice the main brace!

A round of Grog for the house!

DJFyrewolf36
09-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Prayers for everyone having a hard time....I could use prayers too but as my mom always says...it could always be worse!

I'll take any DOTD...and a Cigars all around to celebrate my new adttion (a baby kitty!)

Killearn Kitties
09-14-2006, 04:50 AM
OK, I don't mind having a Pain Killer for breakfast, it is all in a good cause. It's already today here, Slick, but I hope you are sleeping peacefully just now. There won't be a minute of the day when someone isn't thinking of you and wishing you well.

Now, where did I put my eyepatch?

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-14-2006, 05:42 AM
Just came back home from the dentist... :( . I think I need a "pain killer"! Make it a double, please :eek: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Now, where did I put my eyepatch?

You are too funny, Karen. :D :D

It's already almost 7:00 am here, which means 5:00 am for Slick, so I'm sure she's awake already and possibly almost ready to leave. Seems they always want you at the hospital at the crack of dawn. :rolleyes: I woke up and my very first thought was "Today's the day, Slick's having surgery today." Slick, I know I will not stop thinking about you today until I read a good uppydate and know everything went well. Gini, we're counting on you! ;)

I've got a lot to do today, so I think I'm going to take a pass on the pain killer - sorry Karen, hate to make you drink alone. Maybe Mario.....Mario, what's in that glass?!!??!! :rolleyes:

Dorothy39
09-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Slick: Gotta "Try" that Christmas Morning Coffee!!!!

One more round and another "chorus" please!!!! ;)

gini
09-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Slick described Laurie and I one day on the phone. She said that Laurie would be the take charge kind of person - and I would be the one with tears in my eyes - unable to move. Dang, if that girl isn't right! I have had tears in my eyes all morning.

Soooo, I would like TWO eyepatches and just please put a good strong drink in front of me - I know I will be able to find it.

lbaker
09-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Two eyepatches indeed. Boy, anything to stay out of the kitchen eh Gini? That's OK, you've been on Slick duty for ages now, let me lead you to a comfy chair and I'll putter around in the kitchen and start some comfort food... buttermilk biscuits for sure with maybe some homemade apple butter. Boy, I love apple butter.

Killearn Kitties
09-14-2006, 10:15 AM
I've brought some apples from my Mum's tree for you, Laurie. No idea what variety they are, but they sure taste good. I'll chop!

RedHedd
09-14-2006, 12:46 PM
MMMMMMMMM buttermilk buscuits and apple butter! Yummy! Slick, you know we're all with you!

Met with MY surgeon this morning and my surgery is scheduled for 10/20 - minor hernia repair; in & out one day thing. Doc said I should be back to work the following Monday (darn!), no heavy lifting for three weeks after that so I'll be working out like a fiend until then! I'm glad for this diagnosis, rather than the lipoma (benign tumor) they initially thought it was.

A cuppa coffee for me to wash down the biscuits and I'm back to work.

pnance
09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I haven't made it to the bar before....but did I hear something about rum??? :D :D

gini
09-14-2006, 03:19 PM
I think Richard stepped out for a moment or two - so - here ya go Tricia -
a bottle of Pusser's Rum - you just have to share though.

Dorothy39
09-14-2006, 09:38 PM
(sets drink down, ) did someone mention Buttermilk Biscuits and Apple Butter? :eek:

Slick: We certainly are under your SPELL!!! ;)

gini
09-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Give me a shot of that rum - so I can toast Slick's surgery and that it is over!!

gini
09-14-2006, 10:24 PM
MMMMMMMMM buttermilk buscuits and apple butter! Yummy! Slick, you know we're all with you!

Met with MY surgeon this morning and my surgery is scheduled for 10/20 - minor hernia repair; in & out one day thing. Doc said I should be back to work the following Monday (darn!), no heavy lifting for three weeks after that so I'll be working out like a fiend until then! I'm glad for this diagnosis, rather than the lipoma (benign tumor) they initially thought it was.

A cuppa coffee for me to wash down the biscuits and I'm back to work.

I didn't want this to go by without saying we will be thinking of you too when your surgery time comes. Sir Jury isn't fun for anyone..........

RedHedd
09-14-2006, 10:58 PM
I didn't want this to go by without saying we will be thinking of you too when your surgery time comes. Sir Jury isn't fun for anyone..........
Thanks .... It's not quite as big a deal as Slick's - well, maybe not as big to me as I went through 9 surgeries with my breast cancer. A little hernia repair ain't nuthin' to me after all that.

Let's raise a toast of pusser's rum to Slick's successful surgery, may the healing begin and may it be speedy and pain free.

I'm also celebrating reaching 5,000 posts! Yikes! I talk a lot! :D

gini
09-14-2006, 11:38 PM
Well, nanner, nanner, nanner............I have 8,000 posts.

Oh Lord, it must be the Pusser's Rum talking :D :D :D

(just funnin - don't take offense, please)

RedHedd
09-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Well, nanner, nanner, nanner............I have 8,000 posts.

Oh Lord, it must be the Pusser's Rum talking :D :D :D

(just funnin - don't take offense, please)
:p :cool: no offense taken at all .... just means I have a LOT of talkin' to do to catch up to you .... pass the pusses, er, um i mean the Pusser's! :D

pnance
09-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Give me a shot of that rum - so I can toast Slick's surgery and that it is over!!

I'll drink to that!! Although grab your rum fast...seem to be going quickly... :D

Randi
09-15-2006, 04:44 AM
A toast to Slick's speedy and full recovery!! Cheers! :)

Anyone want to try a Pisco? I'll pour you one. Dry or sweet?

Edwina's Secretary
09-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Hey! Where's my bottle of Pussers Rum????? Geez...you tell a few people where you keep it....then when you need it to make a toast (or for breakfast... :rolleyes: :D ) it's all gone....

Cheers Slick

Killearn Kitties
09-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Good idea, Sara. I'll certainly have another one of those Pain Killers to toast Slick's speedy recovery (and all other speedy recoveries.) :D

sparks19
09-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Seems I am a little late..... Is there any booze left? LOL

RICHARD
09-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Time to have some drinks!!!!!

I have a secret!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-15-2006, 04:33 PM
No secrets allowed in the bar, Richard - spill it!!!

I'll have a slushie for the road, considering we're....on the road again. I just can't wait to get on the road again....

I knew they'd have Slick up and walking right away. My mom had.....5 bypasses...for some reason I can't ever remember what "5" is called :rolleyes: .....she had the surgery first thing in the morning and they had her up and walking that evening. WE thought it was pure torture, but then they explained that it's to the benefit of the patient, and I would think it would benefit a "lung patient" even more.

Here's to a speedy recovery! <raises slushie glass>

Logan
09-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Debbie, I hope you and Terry have a great trip. Are CJ and Peanut with you? Travel safely! We don't need a single more thing to worry about around here.

Cheers to you, Slick! I have been thinking about you non-stop since yesterday morning. It will be nice to have you back.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'm not a rum drinker, so I'm going to pass on the Pusser's Rum, but when you open a good bottle of Tequila, let me know. ;)

Logan

Killearn Kitties
09-15-2006, 04:43 PM
And what would that secret be, Richard? I am going on holiday tomorrow, so I expect a full confession of your secret here before tomorrow or I will be very, very upset.

Karen
09-15-2006, 04:59 PM
I have a secret!

You know better than to say that in THIS bar! Spill it, or I'll give the Orc his own remote and Mario a gallon drum of maraschino cherries ...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-15-2006, 05:16 PM
We were sitting in traffic in Indy - bad accident :( - but I had a high speed connection so I was looking for something "Get Well" ish to send Slick. I think Thursday MUST find someway to get this to her.

http://ww4.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=25446&dataset=10162&cm_cid=whd10162

Site says it would be delivered Fedex, UPS or DHL and they won't deliver to the hospital..... :mad:

Thanks, Logan. Yes, P & CJ are along. Peanut has been sleeping for awhile now. CJ finally put his head down. He's been trying for awhile now but everytime he'd put it down, we'd hit a bump and wake him up again. Evidently tiredness finally won out because bumps aren't bothering him anymore. :p

Another slushie for the road for me, please. I've never had Pussers Rum. Had a lot of Barcardi in my life, but not Pussers. Have to see if I can find some during this trip...

Oops, CJ just lifted his head. Poor little guy is sure going to sleep good tonight! :D

RedHedd
09-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Time to have some drinks!!!!!

I have a secret!
Who's Nora?

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Arrrgh, me mateys!

Time to splice the main brace!

A round of Grog for the house!

Arrgh, me mateys? Who taught you to talk pirate? Isn't it, "me harties"?

Lady's Human
09-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Okay, I need SOMETHING to cut this cold....

Looks like it's time for some hot ginger brandy.

Sparks, There's ALWAYS booze left in here. Cherries you might have a hard time with (mario gets greedy) but booze flows like a river.

Richard, No secrets, or I'll put you in the L+F and lock the door!

lbaker
09-16-2006, 06:15 AM
Richard, animal vegtable or mineral? Is it bigger than a breadbox? Nora who? Who's on first? Well shiver me timbers look at this place this morning. Guess whose turn it is to swab the decks ~ first one up gets all the dirty work eh? ;) ahhhh, but also the pick of the open bottles - heh heh heh

KIKI is home!!! Belly up to the bar friends, cheers for Kay and KiKi and cheers for our sister Slick... I just spoke to her night nurse, update in her thread.. good news

Killearn Kitties
09-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Here I am, Laurie! Things are looking up! (Obviously I mean because of Slick's good night and Kay's good news, and not because I've just arrived! :D :D ) For everyone that is except the one with the dodgy foot and now a cold!

If Richard doesn't spill the beans with the next hour, I vote we keel haul him. ;)

lbaker
09-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Are YOU going to try holding him down on the Poop Deck while we tie him up Karen :eek: You've met the big Lug - better think twice on that one buddy ;)

zoey
09-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Hee hee. I'll drink to that, but if you don't mind I'll have one of Tubby's Pain Killers. :D :p

Killearn Kitties
09-16-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm sure that David, the remote and the orc can hold Richard down while all the rest of us tie him up! hehehe

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Yippie!!! Drinks on the house for all the good news today! maybe Richard's getting married.....? :confused: :eek: :cool:

Killearn Kitties
09-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Well they say good things come in threes ...

davidpizzica
09-16-2006, 10:02 AM
No secrets allowed in the bar, Richard - spill it!!!

I'll have a slushie for the road, considering we're....on the road again. I just can't wait to get on the road again....

I knew they'd have Slick up and walking right away. My mom had.....5 bypasses...for some reason I can't ever remember what "5" is called :rolleyes: .....she had the surgery first thing in the morning and they had her up and walking that evening. WE thought it was pure torture, but then they explained that it's to the benefit of the patient, and I would think it would benefit a "lung patient" even more.

Here's to a speedy recovery! <raises slushie glass>
Debbie, when I had my knee replaced, they had me trying to walk (and I mean "trying!) within an hour after the surgery! I nearly made it to the door of my room!

Lady's Human
09-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Okay, everyone in position to "interrogate" richard? :D

David, fresh batteries in Orc's remote?

Lady, Mario, Little Orange Kitten (who ain't so little anymore, you trying to cath up with pippen?), get ready to pounce.

In the meantime, another hot ginger brandy for me. Ever feel like the warranty on your body is running out?

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-16-2006, 10:18 PM
LH is nursing a cold and a sore foot and just when he gets better I go into surgery and get my gall bladder removed.

He's still in worse shape than I am.

I'm glad Kiki is home and that Slick is doing so well.

How about some peppermint tea for that cold, LH and I'll get Lady to lay down next to you and make you all cozy. After we interrogate Richard! Where is that man?

Lady's Human
09-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Last chance to 'fess up, barkeep.......

Otherwise we'll have to have a thursday's caravan and beat it out of you! :p

gini
09-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah, and I have an idea where he lives - so I will google a map and take you all there!

Isn't it clever of Eddie D Katz to trip him up like he does?

Wonder if that has anything to do with his silence?

As long as I am here, I had better snag a nightcap............maybe some Bailey's in Slick's name! YUM!

Lady's Human
09-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Several Bailey's !

(Of course all in honor of Slick!) :D

Corinna
09-19-2006, 12:35 AM
ok Richard tapping foot and hands on hipsSpill the beans just whatis your secret . Stop smiling like the cheshirekat.

cmayer31
09-19-2006, 12:50 AM
After watching the Padres give up back to back to back to BACK homeruns in the ninth I think I'll have a double Jim Beam on the rocks.

Lady's Human
09-19-2006, 01:05 AM
One double beam to cure a triple headache!

Done.

Ain't sports a wonderful stress reliever? :p

RICHARD
09-19-2006, 04:22 AM
LOL,

I don't get the Geneva rights here....

I'll give you all a hint.

----------------

What do I have in common with an artillery piece? (Cannon) :eek:

RICHARD
09-19-2006, 04:37 AM
After watching the Padres give up back to back to back to BACK homeruns in the ninth I think I'll have a double Jim Beam on the rocks.

Double JB?

Let me pour it into this nice BLUE glass? DONE!

But wasn't that a game? :eek:

lbaker
09-19-2006, 06:29 AM
ARRRR YOU SON OF A SEA DOG!! Don't forget it's 6th Annual International Talk Like a Pirate Day :D Ginger tea, Baileys, Jim Beam... Aye laddies and sausy wenches... what a mixed bag o' tricks doest we have for the lot of ya :rolleyes: *who the heck is Nora anyway??*

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-19-2006, 11:57 AM
So what is it Richard!!!????? Not all of us know you as well as others. Pleeeeeaaaase tell what the secret is. :(

RedHedd
09-19-2006, 12:14 PM
ARRRR YOU SON OF A SEA DOG!! Don't forget it's 6th Annual International Talk Like a Pirate Day :D Ginger tea, Baileys, Jim Beam... Aye laddies and sausy wenches... what a mixed bag o' tricks doest we have for the lot of ya :rolleyes: *who the heck is Nora anyway??* Dang, Laurie! You beat me to it! I just heard about this whilst stuck in traffic this morning - talk about ARRRRRRRRR!

http://www.talklikeapirateday.com
:D

RICHARD? Cannons? Or is that a Canon camera? Aw come on .... BTW just WHO is Nora?

RICHARD
09-19-2006, 03:09 PM
What Do I have in common with a cannon?

I got FIRED last week!

And boy am I glad...

But I belong to the union and we are going to grieve the termination...

UNTIL THEN>>>

LET"S friggin party!

Corinna
09-19-2006, 03:50 PM
What? why? what the He$$ are those people thinking ? More time for Pet talk though. good for us.

Lady's Human
09-19-2006, 03:53 PM
:p If your union works anyhing like the postal union, this "termination" could wind up being a good thing. There's been more than one tech in the PO who was terminated, and then brought back with back pay, damages, etc.

You're paying for the remodeling if that turns out to be the case!

cmayer31
09-19-2006, 03:59 PM
I was going to say sorry to hear the news, but I'll say best of luck with disputing the termination!

Never a fun situation, but fingers are crossed that it works out in your favor, Richard!

Oh ya, the LA vs SD game was indeed a game! I would have been cheering on the 4 straight rally had it not been against my team. So I'll take the blue glass with a grain of salt. ;)

RedHedd
09-19-2006, 04:19 PM
LET"S friggin party! OK, if you say so :D

pnance
09-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Ok Richard I'm confused....are we celebrating or drowning our sorrows??