PDA

View Full Version : When you adopt older dogs....

ashleycat
09-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Do you ever wonder what they looked like when babies??

My babies are so beautifull full grown. I often wonder what they looked like as a puppy.

And then I get puppy envy and want a baby lol.

kimlovescats
09-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Yes ... I just adopted a 7-8 year old Golden Retriever yesterday! I not only wonder what he looked like as a pup, but why in the world his family could have abandoned him after so many years! :( He is absolutely a perfect dog!

Suki Wingy
09-12-2006, 02:14 PM
yep! Especially for me because he's a unique mix and I have no clue what his parents and littermates looked like.

BC_MoM
09-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Yep.. I would have LOVED to see Mickey as a puppy. And also see his personality as a puppy!

We got Molly when she was around 4 months, so we pretty much got to see the puppy Molly. :)

ramanth
09-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I sometimes wonder what Kia looked like as a puppy. I bet she was fluffy. :D

Pembroke_Corgi
09-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Yes, I wonder what a cutie Vallis would have been! Of course, he's still adorable but puppies are just so adorable they make you happy! That is, until they chew up all of your stuff!! :D Adult dogs are better companions, but puppies are sure cute!

Jessika
09-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Yes I did, fortunately for me I have contact with Charlie's breeder so she emailed me some puppy pics of him!! Jamie's I have yet to contact. I know she came from a breeder by where my parents live though because I have her papers with the info on them but I just haven't been able to find any contact info on the net or I would email and ask her, too. Then again I don't know if I WANT to do that because most breeders have a contact where if you can't keep the pup you have to surrender it back to the breeder, and if the breeder found out the person who purchased Jamie from her gave her away (and the next person gave her to me) I would be heartbroken if she were taken from me. So... I will just have to pretend. :)

Charlie, however, was just as dorky as a pup as he is now lol

BitsyNaceyDog
09-12-2006, 03:23 PM
I would have loved to see all my dogs as puppies. I only had Bitsy as a little puppy. I can imagine what Nacey, Charlie, and Buster looked like, though it's not quite the same as actually seeing them. Because they're mixes I can't really picture what Nova or Jake looked like, I know they must have been adorable though.

Dorothy39
09-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Yes, I do often wonder what my Grand-dogs ( 2 German Sheperds) looked like when they were pups!!!!

Hexay is beautiful , even as a Senior German Sheperd dog, and , Kasha is so elegant!!!!!!!

Wish I could see a picture of them when they were young!!!!!!!

sabies
09-12-2006, 05:47 PM
I can imagine what Sadie looked like but I so wish I was there for her as a puppy.

Chilli
09-12-2006, 06:01 PM
I've always wondered what Ethan must have looked like. =) He has long legs now, I can't imagine what he'd look like at that age where their legs are even longer and awkward.

Daisy and Delilah
09-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Many times I have said I would give almost anything to see what Delilah looked like as a puppy. It will never be possible though. I can only imagine. :(

Pam
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Yes ... I just adopted a 7-8 year old Golden Retriever yesterday! I not only wonder what he looked like as a pup, but why in the world his family could have abandoned him after so many years! :( He is absolutely a perfect dog!

Kim this is terrific news! You know we NEED pictures and stories!!

I don't wonder so much what Ripley looked like as how he was treated. I have many mixed thoughts about this. When I found him he was a matted mess, which initially told me he wasn't cared for at all. He sits so well for me when I groom him that I have to think he was regularly groomed at one time. I go around and around wondering about his past life. I only wish I knew. :(

cali
09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I would love to know what Ripley and Perky looked like as puppys, Ripley in particular as we have always wondered if he tail is a natural bob or if its docked and if its docked is it profesionaly done or did they just use an elastic band?besides how much cuter could have possably been? lol

Cincy'sMom
09-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Spot is the only one of ours we did not get as a puppy. I would have loved to have seen him, he had to be adorable!!!

Giselle
09-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Kim this is terrific news! You know we NEED pictures and stories!!

I don't wonder so much what Ripley looked like as how he was treated. I have many mixed thoughts about this. When I found him he was a matted mess, which initially told me he wasn't cared for at all. He sits so well for me when I groom him that I have to think he was regularly groomed at one time. I go around and around wondering about his past life. I only wish I knew. :(

Here ya go :)
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=112708

(Congrats!!)

And yes, I desperately want to see what Giselle looked like when she was a puppy. Grey puppies are simply the cutest things in the world and I would give my right arm to see a younger Giselle.

cyber-sibes
09-12-2006, 10:28 PM
We're pretty fortunate, Star was only 5 weeks old when we got her, so we got to enjoy her puppyhood & also saw both of her parents. My RB Rosie was about 31/2 months old when we got her & already weighed 20 lbs, but I'll bet she was cute that first couple months, too. Sherman was 1 1/2, but his breeder sent me puppy pictures, which I very much appreciated. We also met his parents & siblings. I wish there was some way for everyone to get to see their pets as babies, too. They're all so cute!

binka_nugget
09-12-2006, 11:11 PM
We got Kai at 12 weeks. I really wish I got to see him at 8 weeks though, nothing cuter than a Sheltie pup.

We got Kaedyn at 6 or so. I may be biased, but I think he's one of the cutest adult Shelties I've ever seen.. I bet he was just the cutest little thing as a pup. :D