PDA

View Full Version : TNR at work

mruffruff
09-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Lately we have seen a black cat hanging around our warehouse. This is a good place for people to dump unwanted cats because we are off the main roads and get very little traffic, and there is a small area of woods.

We know there are two cats that live here. We have trapped, spayed/neutered both. And we have removed two kittens and found them homes. So we thought we had it covered. NOT!

This morning I came to work to see if I had trapped anything overnight. With my luck, I thought I would have either a possum or one of the TNR cats. To my surprise, I had the Black male that I was trying for....... and a little black kitten....... in the same trap.

They are at the vet's getting checked out, tested, immunized, and altered before I return them to our woods.

Oh, how I wish I could fit another little black baby at my house.

(Sorry there are no pictures. Both are all black and I don't do black cats very well.)

catlover4ever
09-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Congrats on the rescue...if it were me I probally would have ended up with a skunk :rolleyes: I probally would have smelled like one too ;) ;)

Lizzie
09-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Congratulations on your successful TNR program, good job! I would not be able to resist a black cat, I can't resist a black cat. There are two FIV+ black cats in PetFinder right now that I keep revisiting online while wishing I had a very large house.

kimlovescats
09-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Thank you for helping these kitties by keeping them from multiplying any further! Hopefully some of them can be caught and tamed enough to be adopted!

orangemm
09-12-2006, 02:47 PM
I, too, succumb to the charms of black cats. I'd be a goner.

Thank you for looking after these poor unfortunates. :)

Laura's Babies
09-12-2006, 02:54 PM
GREAT JOB!!!! Thanks (from the kitties!)

mruffruff
09-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks!

They will be staying overnight at the vets and then be let out in their own back yard tomorrow.

They are fed every night in a shelter built from scrap lumber. While they have a couple abandoned cars, we plan on building a decent "room" for them before it gets cold. We never see them, but the food keeps disappearing :D

Who knows how many are out there. There must be a momma that we haven't seen. I'd sure like to get her fixed too.

I'll try for pictures before I release them, but I can't guarantee that they won't look like black blobs.

catmandu
09-12-2006, 05:25 PM
The Found Cats And I Are So Pleased That There Are People Who Will Go That Extra Mile To Help The Helpless, And Make Sure That They Have A Fighting Chnace At A Good Furr Ever Home.

mruffruff
09-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Both are boys. Blackie is about a year old and inky is only 3 months old. I suspect they are related, maybe daddy and son.

Both were neutered and kept in the carriers overnight. They let me pet them but didn't really like it. Inky ate a small bowl of food last night and again this morning. Blackie ate about 1/2 a bowl last night.

I hated to release them especially Inky, but both headed for the woods this morning. If I'm lucky, I'll see them again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/mruffruff/Blackie.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/mruffruff/Inky2.jpg