PDA

View Full Version : Incense?

kimlovescats
09-12-2006, 12:32 PM
I LOVE to burn incense! Not only does it smell great, but it is much safer to burn around kitties and doggies! ;) Also, it gets in the air immediately ... so if unexpected guests pop in, you have a quick coverup for stinky odors! :p

Do you like incense? What brands do you use? I am always looking for great smelling ones!

Thanks,
Kim

catnapper
09-12-2006, 12:51 PM
No way! not if I intend to breathe with a clear head and painfree sinuses! :p

Miss Z
09-12-2006, 12:55 PM
My mum hates incense, I'm sort of impartial but sometimes I do find them quite smoky. We tend to go for scented candles :)

sasvermont
09-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Incense makes me ill. I can tolerate lots of air fresheners, but not incense. I think it reminds me of the Catholic church. :eek:

kimlovescats
09-12-2006, 12:59 PM
WOW! So far no one else likes it! I do love scented candles too, but when you have as many cats as I do, you're just asking for a housefire! :eek:

sirrahbed
09-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Incense is an instant migraine for me. It also reminds me of the 70's :p

I like to burn candles in hefty jars - that way kitties can't knock them over or get to the flame (well, Robbie could probably manage)

But incense just bothers me - too strong or smoky I guess?

Karen
09-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Incense, scented candles, "room fresheners," many cleaning products - I'm allergic - very much so - to all of them.

I don't usually mind the smell, but I do very much mind the wheezing, coughing, choking, itchy eyes, and headache.

elizabethann
09-12-2006, 01:54 PM
I like incense when you can burn it next to an open window and all the smoke goes outside but you can still smell it. Incense reminds me of "head shops" when I was teenager. :D

micki76
09-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Nag Champa and Patchouli. Ahhhh...

Dorothy39
09-12-2006, 04:19 PM
I burn incense once in awhile!!!!

My favorite scent is Patchouli!!!!!

I also grow lavender and harvest what I can from it!!!! That scent is very comforting!!!!!

jazzcat
09-12-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm like Debbie, instant migraine for me. In fact, I thought it smelled kind of stuffy in the house today so I sprayed some air freshener - big mistake. My head is starting to throb. Seems like I'm getting more sensitive to smells every day.

wolflady
09-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I love incense too and burn it regularly. I'm a huge scented candle/incense/oil burner person. *snicker*

Depending on the brand/type of incense can really make a huge difference. Some of my favorites have come from India (a friend of mine brought them back for me), so unfortunately you can't get them here. But, I have found a "store brand" that I quite like, so when I go home, I'll look at the package so I can get the name for you. I have the celestial sandalwood and patchouli scents in this same brand.

I also found a small "mom-and-pop" shop in San Juan Bautista that has hand-made incense. I love, love, love that stuff! :D

carole
09-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I was into incense burning in my young days, however i do not bother now, i loved anything with a musk fragrance, still do, but i had heard it is bad for your lungs, probably not like cigarette smoking, but still maybe there is something in it who know's but i imagine hair spray, air freshners which i use are also not good for the old lungs either, our world is so full of pollutents that we use in our everyday life isn't it?

*iluvskipper*
09-12-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah i like insence too :)

BC_MoM
09-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm really sensitive to smells created from candles, incense.. anything along those lines. It sucks!

When we do incense in church, I stand it for as long as I can. :D

kimlovescats
09-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Hmmm, well two votes for Patchouli .... whatever that is? LOL! Is there a brand name for it?

zoey
09-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Nag Champa incense is my favorite!! It's imported from India and you can find it at head shops. I use it a lot and even burn it in my office at work. :D

Jadapit
09-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Hmmm, well two votes for Patchouli .... whatever that is? LOL! Is there a brand name for it?

I like incense... Patchouli, is also one of my favorites. There isnt a brand name for it just Patchouli. You can also buy Patchouli oil. I had a friend that wore the oil a lot. Its pretty strong, a little goes a long way.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
09-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I LOVE incense! My favorites will always be sandalwood and cinnamon. :)

IRescue452
09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm allergic.

dogzr#1
09-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh I love incense! Not sure what brand we get, but I know it's a good trick to make your room seem cleaner ;) . I love all scented things like them, candles...anything!

Almita
09-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Me... i love incense! They smell good! Just.. some are too strong

Pam
09-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I love incense and perfumed candles - you name it! but I find incense safer around cats. :) That said, I do believe that there is probably a danger in getting too close to the stuff and breathing it in, so I burn it in the dining room as that is a room I am seldom in. :) I have even noticed a bit of a darkening of the wall on occasion from the smoke which I quickly clean up. I like patchouli and hubby likes sandalwood, but pretty much we'll try anything. Back in the *old days* we got something called *Gonesh No.6* from Spencer's in the mall that we both liked. I also like Musk. :)

elizabethann
09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
If you folks like patouli so much, you should try the moisturizer by Kiss My Face. I wear it all the time. I LOVE it and everybody complements me on it. And Kiss My Face products are environmentally friendly.

:)

Giselle
09-12-2006, 10:17 PM
What about ceremonial incense? LOL. My mother burns incense during special asian ceremonies. It always has a nostalgic feel to it, so yeah, I guess you could say I like incense. Rather, I like the memories that incense conjures up.

areias
09-12-2006, 10:31 PM
I love incense too-I have a whole bag of the cool water kind from spencers gifts, I love the smell of that. But I've always wondered if it is safe to burn around the dogs and the bird? I really haven't burned any around the bird. :confused:

Pembroke_Corgi
09-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Unfortunately it gives me a headache if I get too close. I do like the smell, but only from across the room. My parents used to burn incense and I liked the kind they had. Some kind of sandlewood.