PDA

View Full Version : My Golden Rescue Is Here!

kimlovescats
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Meet Kenny! He is the BEST boy ever! How / why in the world his family could up and move to Florida and leave him is beyond me! :mad: :( He is so happy to be here and follows me everywhere! He is being a great boy in the house .... even though he has spent his entire life outdoors. I think he may become a house retiree! ;)

He is 7 or 8 years old, I hope and pray he doesn't have heartworms or anything else life threatening! I am taking him to my vet this week (if I can get an appt.) and get him a good and thorough checkup! Please pray that even after a lifetime outdoors he is heartworm negative! What are the chances would you all say? Should I prepare myself for the worst or not?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/Img_2486.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/Img_2429.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/Img_2481.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/Img_2479.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Kenny/Img_2486.jpg

petslover
09-11-2006, 08:05 PM
He is so handsome. He looks so calm, sweet, and gentle.

Danegirl2208
09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
what a sweet face! Welcome to pet talk kenny :D

luvofallhorses
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
he's such a gorgeous golden boy! :) thanks so much for taking him in! :)

MajesticCollies
09-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Welcome to PT Kenny. He looks pretty healthy to me. If he has had heartworm for awhile the effects would be visible and you would know right away he would be acting sickly. Looks fine. We will wish him luck on a healthy check up!!!

Logan
09-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Kim, he is just beautiful.

I love his darling white boots.

Those boys can steal your heart, so watch out! Zipper had been cared for by the vet by the time he came to be fostered with us (and ultimately stay), and didn't have heartworms. I hope precious Kenny will be just as lucky.

Please keep us posted and you let me know if you need anything. Goldens are the most gentle creatures I have ever met. Every one I have fostered has been a "good dog". I'm sure that Kenny will be too.

Logan

Karen
09-11-2006, 08:36 PM
What a sweet face!

jazzcat
09-11-2006, 08:45 PM
What a sweetheart!!!! He's gorgeous Kim.

Best wishes that he is HW negative!

kimlovescats
09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Thank you for all the nice words! Tim, I appreciate your confidence in his health! I'm already in love with this guy, and would hate to hear any bad news now that he has a real chance at happiness!!!

We just got back from a nice walk around the block! He was fabulous! I finally have a walking buddy!!!!

:D

sammy101
09-11-2006, 09:04 PM
He has such a sweet face! what a gorgeous boy. :)

Almita
09-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Aww how cute! Kenny is adorable! Welcome to PT Kenny! He is a cutie!

Daisy and Delilah
09-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Awwww!! Hi there big boy!! You're just an angel sweetheart!! A big round of applause for you helping him Kim!! :)

sandragonfly
09-11-2006, 10:02 PM
yay another golden, crayola woofs! :D and I say, welcome to pet talk, kenny!!

yuppie, he looks so sweet and gentle. what did he thought of his felinefriends?? he doesn't look that bad for his age! is he playful too?

kenngratulations on new foster! :)

CathyBogart
09-11-2006, 10:49 PM
What a handsome boy!! I'm glad he's found you.

kimlovescats
09-11-2006, 11:35 PM
He just looks at the cats and has no real response .... he's so calm! As far as toys, I don't think the poor guy has ever played with any! :eek: We threw him a ball and he ducked like "why are you throwing things at me?" :( Pretty sad, huh? So much for his being treated as a retriever!

Kim

K9karen
09-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Ah! Golden Sunshine!
My Logan didn't know how to play either, go figure. Anyway, I sat in front of her and rolled a tennis ball. When she sniffed it or touched it I praised her. I also had to show her "squeekie" toys cause she was petrified and wouldn't go near them. It took about a week, but now, shoot, you can't get one away from her!
Thank you so much for fostering him! I'll bet he'll become an excellent ball catching/couch potato in no time! {HUGS to you!}

shais_mom
09-12-2006, 12:43 AM
thank you for rescuing him and putting him in a better situation!
he's gorgeous and the white boots are a hoot!
I can tell you are in love with him already - just as I expected! :)

CatLuvrs
09-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Kenny is too handsome! I love Goldens.

Ginger's Mom
09-12-2006, 05:47 AM
He sure is a handsome fellow. Congratulations to both of you for finding each other. :) Is he a foster, or is he here to stay?

RobiLee
09-12-2006, 06:04 AM
He is a very handsome boy. I'm happy that he is being well taken care of now. Give him a hug from me. :)

ramanth
09-12-2006, 09:39 AM
What a sweet face! Thanks for taking him and I hope he's heartworm free. :)

kimlovescats
09-12-2006, 10:14 AM
He sure is a handsome fellow. Congratulations to both of you for finding each other. :) Is he a foster, or is he here to stay?

I took him in with the agreement that if my yard was too small for him, or he just wasn't happy here for some reason, then I would find him a wonderful home. However, it's looking pretty solid like he's here to stay! ;) :D

shais_mom
09-12-2006, 10:25 AM
at his age - he isn't going to need much yard - a nice walk or a romp in a fenced in area once in awhile should suffice. I'm not sure if you will try to house break him to bring him inside but if you do good luck with it!
Once he learns what a tennis ball is it should be fun! :)
Keegan has hip dysplasia in both hips worse on the right and has torn both ACL's that we healed up holistically so she doesn't get much running time as much as she loves it - she just doesn't know she needs to sloooww down. She chases the ball full bore and then slams to a stop. She did that once with my parents at their cottage and she slammed into a tree! They had to drive all over creation to find a vet b/c she wouldn't put any weight on one of her front legs and when they did there was a cat in the waiting room and she PULLED my dad to the front of the waiting room -which never happens!

keep us updated! :)

kimlovescats
09-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Staci .... he has already been in the house for most of his time here! He has done GREAT!!!! This guy is wonderful! :D

Queen of Poop
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Ah its a match made in heaven. I pray that he has no heartworm issues. As an older guy he won't need a huge yard to play in and regular walks should be just fine. I do hope he gets to stay with you as his furever home. Sounds like he's stolen your heart already. Thanks for taking in the sweet boy.

shais_mom
09-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Staci .... he has already been in the house for most of his time here! He has done GREAT!!!! This guy is wonderful! :D
yeeaa!
I think adopting an older dog is the key especially when you have older dogs and dogs with special needs like Annabelle. He shouldn't have the rambunctiousness and hyperness of a puppy just the loveableness of a golden. :) My mom isn't an animal lover at all - she never liked my greyhound (she didn't like the fact she would escape and run and run and not come back-she was afraid something would happen) she doesn't care for my sister's dog - but Keegan has won her heart. She plays peekaboo with Keegan when Keegan is in the backseat of my car. She plays tennis ball with her. Ya just can't help but love them!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Oh he is gorgeous!! How could anyone give him up?

elizabethann
09-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Congratulations on your new addition. I will be thinking of him and wish him all the best at the vets. Keep us posted.

Jadapit
09-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Kenny is so handsome. My sister in law has a golden, his name is Kalipso he looks just like Kenny. He has the gray on his face also. He is such a sweet boy. It sounds like Kenny is too. :)

Logan
09-12-2006, 05:29 PM
I am in love with him, Kim.

You keep on loving him, just like you do, and that boy is going to be fine, even if he has to go through heartworm treatments (which I hope he doesn't).

Have a great evening!

Logan

*LabLoverKEB*
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Awwww, he's such a cutie!

cyber-sibes
09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Congratulations! don't know how they could decide to leave him behind, but their loss is your gain! Kenny looks so sweet, I love his white paws & frosty face. He looks like he's adjusting well, too - great smile!

Logan
09-13-2006, 11:36 AM
I just read your thread in Cat General, Kim. WOW! You family has expanded a lot in the last few days!!! :)

I hope that Kenny is still fitting in just fine. Nothing better than a Golden boy, for sure!!!! :)

Logan

lizbud
09-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Kenny is a beautiful boy. He looks and sounds like such a sweetheart. :)

If I live to be 100, I'd never understand some people. How in the world can
people manage to turn off love for such a sweet soul.

Pam
09-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Kim thank you for posting pictures. You had made mention of him in another thread and I was wishing for photos and here they are. I can tell from his pictures that he is a real sweetheart. Best wishes for a good result when he is tested for heartworms. Oh, and by the way, I am not surprised that Logan found this thread. She has *golden radar.* LOL! :cool:

Ripley and I send special greetings to AnnaBelle. We hope she is adapting to her disability and doing well.

Logan
09-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Pam, Kim gave me the "heads up", prior to bringing Kenny into her home, asking for "golden" advice. Somehow, I just knew that she didn't need any advice, as love and attention is all these precious dogs crave. Kenny is in good hands and that is what matters!!!! :)

Vermontcat
09-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Kim, congratulations on getting Kenny! :D
He looks like such a sweetie and I love his little white socks. :)
I can see why you decided that he is a keeper and not a foster.

Pam and Logan, actually I told Kim to PM Logan when I saw her thread asking for Golden advice before she got Kenny.
I knew that Logan was an expert with the Golden oldies and would have great advice for Kim.
;)

Logan
09-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Kim, congratulations on getting Kenny! :D
He looks like such a sweetie and I love his little white socks. :)
I can see why you decided that he is a keeper and not a foster.

Pam and Logan, actually I told Kim to PM Logan when I saw her thread asking for Golden advice before she got Kenny.
I knew that Logan was an expert with the Golden oldies and would have great advice for Kim.
;)

Awww....thanks, Zoe, for having so much faith in me! :) I don't think Kim needs any help with Kenny. He sounds perfect to me!!!! :)