PDA

View Full Version : Tell us a LITTLE something about yourself.

jenluckenbach
09-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Tell us about the little things that make you, YOU!

For example....about me:

I never wear make up.

I HATE coffee.

Perfume and most other scented products make me extremely sick.

next??

Pawsitive Thinking
09-11-2006, 09:06 AM
What makes me, me?

Innate stupidly mainly :D

Almita
09-11-2006, 09:21 AM
I hate tomatoes and bananas
I always have to listen to music or i get tired.
Never keep my hair not straight..
Love Milk

...and that's all i can think of.

slick
09-11-2006, 10:12 AM
For example....about me: I never wear make up. I HATE coffee. Perfume and most other scented products make me extremely sick.
My gosh, we must be sisters. ;)
I never wear makup.
I hate coffee.
I hate it when people marinate in their perfume/aftershave. Makes me sick too.
I never colour my hair.
I never wear nail polish.
I don't do "girly" stuff at all, for example I HATE shopping.
I only own 4 pairs of shoes (all of them flats) and 5 work outfits. The rest of my wardrobe is shorts, Ts, and sweatshirts.
I'm addicted to skim milk. It's like a drug to me and find it extremely difficult to go through 24 hours without at least 6 or 7 glasses of it.
I prefer cooler weather. Anything over 70 deg F is way to hot for me.

Zippy
09-11-2006, 10:18 AM
I don't wear makeup
I hate coffee.
I have bi-polar and ADHD.
I love pop and have to have 2 a day.
I am a strong Christan
I love to read and have books/magazines everwhere
I don't like big fancy jewelry,purses,clothes,ect....
I only like to wear t-shirts and shorts or tank top and shorts
I am a cat person and a betta person
I love the shows grey's anatomy and friends
I love to shop but only for pet suppiles and dvds.I love bargins.
I will never have kids
My mom,my grandparernts and my fur and fin kids are my best friends
I used to think DVDs were so stupid now I love them and can't have to many
I hate change

Laura's Babies
09-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I too, don't wear make up, nail polish of perfume. Strong perfume on other people make me cough. I LOVE coffee, am not functional without it in the morning.

I am simple, and have simple tastes. I do not like BIG, fine and fancy. I drive a plain car, have a simple little, not fancy house. I don't wear gaudy jewelry, preferring small and simple... or fancy clothes. I could have bigger and better but that just is not me.

I have always enjoyed working and would rather be working than laid up sick or hurt at home. In my lifetime of working, I have taken very little time off for illness or injury. I have VERY strict (self imposed) work ethics.

I do NOT like change! (Don't like moving, keep the same job forever and stuff like that.)

Russian Blue
09-11-2006, 10:36 AM
* I am a classic gemini - but don't pay much attention to astrology.

* I strongly believe in karma and that *everything* happens for a reason

* I am more spiritual than religious.

* I knew instantly that Rob was the one for me when I first met him. I moved in with him 2 weeks later and we will be celebrating our 11th anniversary in November. :D

* I hate nailpolish and am not a big fan of jewellery. I have about 5 pieces that I wear for sentimental reasons rather than for fashion.

* I don't have my ears pierced and never will but I will get a tattoo one of these days. ;)

* I hate city life and would move to my cottage in a heartbeat if given the chance!

* I love photography but will *never* do wedding photography. Even though I have been offered one - it's so not me.

sparks19
09-11-2006, 11:05 AM
I have a wierd foot phobia- When I get out of the shower there has to be a clean towel to step onto, I will not step off the towel until my feet are completely dry, I can't stand getting hairs or fuzzies or anything on my feet when they are wet.

I am obsessed with cows, I have figurines, tins, clocks, stuffed animals, bag holders, lol you name it.

I LOVE the Simpsons :D

My favourite season is Fall. but I also like snow in the winter but that gets old LOL.

I want to live way out in the country with no one near by. i want to be able to play my music loud, let my dogs bark at critters, and Brian wants to be able to pee off the porch :rolleyes: LOL

Edwina's Secretary
09-11-2006, 11:09 AM
- I wear makeup. Rarely leave the house without...
- Get a pedicure and a manicure regularly...
- Have lots of shoes....different colors, styles, heels, etc.
- I like jewelry and my husband gives it to me on many occasions
- I am self-employed...
- I must have a book or magazine to read at all times
- I am living in a place that isn't where I want to be but I am trying to make the best of it....

sparks19
09-11-2006, 11:22 AM
AH yes there is one I forgot LOL thanks Edwina's Secretary.

I LOVE SHOES. I have all kinds. runners, flip flops, slip ons, high heels, boots, dress shoes, dress sandals, slippers, lol you name it. I just bought a pair of cowboy boots on Saturday. they aren't REAL cowboy boots just a pair I picked up at Walmart but they are BEAUTIFUL :D

CatLuvrs
09-11-2006, 11:33 AM
A few things on me~

I HAVE to wear makeup

I love to read romance novels

I am going through my second divorce due to cheaters

I color my hair different all the time but naturally it is blonde. lol

shais_mom
09-11-2006, 11:50 AM
- Get a pedicure regularly...
- I like jewelry
- I am living in a place that isn't where I want to be but I am trying to make the best of it....

I agree
I'm batting for the other team also.
I am addicted to makeup and smelly things.
I am very self-depreciative.
I love to shop tho it is very dangerous for me.
I have trouble sleeping without my Kylie.

coco-bean
09-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Im scary without make up
Love to tan, but never make it to the tanning bed
Love Nip/tuck
Love to eat, but food makes me sick(phsyically sick too, haha)
I work as a receptionist at a hair salon
My apartment is very ghetto(i live in the ghetto, only place cheap enough)
I get hot and cold CONSTANTLY
and I love to the play The Sims 2, only when my computer is not being too slow!!

mruffruff
09-11-2006, 12:11 PM
I am thrifty to the point of being ridiculous at times, but generous at others.
I even recycle things that have been recycled before. Yet I will spend a lot to rescue an animal or give somone something they really need.

I don't leave home without makeup. Ever.

I'm happy to be single. I'm one of the people who should have never married but did because that was what women did back then.

I don't own a skirt or dress.

Maresche
09-11-2006, 12:23 PM
* I must have at least eyeliner on to leave the house--I look like I'm asleep otherwise my eyes are so deeply set.

* I'm something of a minimalist. If I don't need it, I don't want it. I hate clutter.

* I suffer from busy hands syndrome. I must be doing something with my hands at all times. This is likely why I have so many to do lists and why I like knitting so much.

christa
09-11-2006, 12:33 PM
~I love to decorate - my house is decorated in American Primitive decor.
~I own an incorporated small business.
~I am obsessed with jewelry.
~Of all my female friends, I consider my mom to be my best friend
~But my husband is my bestest friend! (bad grammer I know)
~I love to shop . . . for anything and everything. Even if it's just window shopping.
~I love doing home improvement projects.
~I piece quilts.
~I am spiritual & a Christian & I love my Lord.
~My everyday makeup consists of powder foundation, black eyeliner, mascara, & lipgloss.
~My hair is as straight as a stick & brown - even though I like to wear it curly & dye it blonde.
~I am a news addict. I can watch so much I get depressed.
~I collect baskets - not the expensive ones - just baskets in general.
~I collect red glass.
~I like organized clutter - makes me feel like my home is cozy & warm.

Blue_Frog
09-11-2006, 12:47 PM
▪ I only wear Makeup if I have to ... generally if I have to meet with clients, or for a special occasion. Otherwise, I just dont want to get out of bed 15 mins early to bother :)
▪ I'm a nerd, and generally always have been - first one on the block with an Atari, computer club in grade 2 with the apple PETs, Video games, computer fixings, and Magic the Gathering card playing. I could list more nerdly persuits, but i'm sure you get the picture!
▪ I can make or reproduce pretty much anything I see ... McGuyver Syndrome
▪ I'm a crafty sort of person - I do Stained Glass, make jewellery, candles, tables, decorative do-dads, needlework, and the list goes on. The only thing i can't do is Knit ... i think my last project is still behind the fridge at the cottage where it got thrown :mad:
▪ I fish - a lot - whenver I can get the time to do it! Mostly Bass, Muskie, Pickerel and anything else you can find in and round the lakes of Ontario.

*shrug* thats all I can think of for now :)

Argranade
09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Tell us about the little things that make you, YOU!
Perfume and most other scented products make me extremely sick.

Same here can't stand the smell of that stuff. *blah*

Ok some more things about me....

I hate yogurt and Bananas and rather have brussel sprouts and spinach.

I only like eye liner.

I almost never go out with out my spiked belt.

I love going around bearfeet.

I will jump on all fours and walk around like it for weird reasons lol.

I dont realy know how to swim but can stay up on the surface. :o

Im pretty much a Tom-boy.

I hate it when girly girls say ''like'' after every sentance... :rolleyes:

I dont like seeing girls dress the same or wearing pink alot.

In the middle of a VERY hot night I will cover my self right up shoulders to toe's with a blanket I dont know why but I can't sleep with out a blanket and the heat never bothers me so while my friends are boiling im cuddling in my warm blankets. :p

Only like skateboard shoes.

Karen
09-11-2006, 01:10 PM
I do not wear make-up, and am allergic to most of it anyway. Thankfully, Paul likes me just as I am.

I hate shoes - probably because my feet and I have been at war my whole life. But I have to wear shoes now, because otherwise, orthotics don't stay in slipper, and my feet hurt!

I have strange food allergies, all which have developed in the last 5 or 6 years, before that I had none! I mean, who knew one COULD be allergic to celery, anyway?

I love animals, bugs, birds, snakes, all critters (with only two exceptions - see my profile) and delighted when a bug lands on me, which they often do, but didn't appreciate the bumblee stining me last week!

Pembroke_Corgi
09-11-2006, 01:30 PM
I've always been good at school and I love to learn new things, so I'm going back to college to get my teaching certificate! :D

I love to be at home and see new places equally, but I hate going to work since I have never had a job (that pays!) that I've really loved.

I tend to over-analyze things.

I was offered a dog training position when I moved to Denver, but I turned it down because it didn't pay that well. Now, I make enough money but the job is so stressful that I regret my choice. Money isn't everything I guess...

shais_mom
09-11-2006, 01:41 PM
I've always been good at school and I love to learn new things, so I'm going back to college to get my teaching certificate! :D

I love to be at home and see new places equally, but I hate going to work since I have never had a job (that pays!) that I've really loved.

I tend to over-analyze things.

I was offered a dog training position when I moved to Denver, but I turned it down because it didn't pay that well. Now, I make enough money but the job is so stressful that I regret my choice. Money isn't everything I guess...
when did you move to Denver or were you just home over the weekend when you and your Mom came to Findlay?

delighted when a bug lands on me, which they often do, but didn't appreciate the bumblee stining me last week!
ack - are you allergic to bees and wasps?

lv4dogs
09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
I have a lot of bad events happen to me.

My Peanuts
09-11-2006, 01:48 PM
My Name is Diana

I'm 25 years old.

I have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world.

I love ALL animals and I think all of them are cute in some way.

I love makeup, but I also like days when I don't have to wear it.

My blood pressure is a little bit high so I don't drink caffeine usually.

I like to workout and goes as much as I can.

I have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a minor in Economics.

I graduated high school in 1999 and college in 2003.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-11-2006, 01:53 PM
when did you move to Denver or were you just home over the weekend when you and your Mom came to Findlay?
We just moved here from Iowa on July 1st. So, I've been here about 2 1/2 months! I like it but I do miss my mom (and my brother Keegan ;) )!

catlover4ever
09-11-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't drink coffee

I only wear make up for my job and special occasions

I have to dress nicely for work but I prefer to be in shorts and a t-shirt or my PJ's once I get home

I have to have my shoes on most of the time due to a falling arch which is painful if I don't have my orthodic

My best friend is my mom, even though she can drive me insane ;)

If there was one thing I could change in my life it would be to have never left being a flight attendant, it was the best and most rewarding job I ever had

I love milk and could live off it

I love fall, the crispness in the air makes me so happy

I knew the first moment I saw Mark that I was going to marry him....even though I had not met him yet

I love country decor and love to go shopping to decorate my house with the stuff

My dream in life is to have a big barn in the backyard and run a "kitty hotel" out of it...now if I could just get Mark to see that vision. :rolleyes:

Mark, my mom, and my cats are my perfect life. :)

Flatcoatluver
09-11-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm allergic to bees, pollen, dust, and pickles
I only were makeup if there will be people around my own age.
I can't watch animal movies
I love the rain
I crack my knucles when I'm nervous
I feel uncomforble if I am not wearing a sweatshirt
I love my pajamas, I can stay in them all day if I could
I LOOOVVVEEE country music and can't live without
I love standard poodles and can't wait to get one in the future

jazzcat
09-11-2006, 02:22 PM
I prefer to dress very casual - jeans, t-shirts, sweaters and comy pjs.
I hate to wear dresses and heels and almost cry when I see pantyhose.
I wear makeup most the time I go out.
I hate perfume - gives me migraines.
I have a big fear of fire.
I freak out if anyone chases me - pets or people, even if just play.
I am an ice cream-aholic. LOVE the stuff!
I have a pretty good green thumb.
Would rather mow the lawn or do yard work than cook (often do as a trade with my husband).
I have a horrible time remembering people's names.
On that note, I give most people around me nicknames - my neighbor mows all the time is "lawnmower man" my neighbor who gets delivery pizza all the time is "pizza guy". I saw my next door neighbor walking out to her hot tub in a thong so she's now "The Thong". The woman at the gym that bounces on the treadmill is "Be-Bop", the one who stinks horribly is "Typhoid Mary" and so on... you get the idea. Of course they don't know I call them that.

Argranade
09-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm allergic to bees, pollen, dust, and pickles
I can't watch animal movies

Pickles? Never heard of that before I would die if that happened to me I love pickles. ;)

Animal shows are the ONLY shows I like...Nature shows are the best I swear I could watch a life of a Lion all day,zebra,ravoon ect.. all day I just love nature shows. :D

anna_66
09-11-2006, 02:29 PM
I went through premature menopause in my early 20's
I no longer have a thyroid and will have to take a pill every day for the rest of my life.
I LOVE smelly stuff (candles, lotions, perfumes). I have countless numbers of all of these stashed in my closets.
I own (or should I say "I'm owned" by) a dog that out weighs me by at least 50 pounds.
I collect Barbies
I have to have a radio on in the car ALL the time and the television on in the house ALL the time...I don't like the quiet.
I love scrap booking.
I have 8 tattoos (including a large one that starts on my upper back and ends close to my knee).
I had twin sister that died very young.

Zippy
09-11-2006, 03:03 PM
~I like organized clutter - makes me feel like my home is cozy & warm.

So do I. :D

joanofark
09-11-2006, 03:10 PM
I wear almost nothing but converse shoes.
I can't live without my cell phone.
I Love hot sause.
I love black eyeliner.

Thats about it...

Karen
09-11-2006, 03:34 PM
ack - are you allergic to bees and wasps?

No, thankfully I am not. My big brother is allergic to wasps, but I am not. I have an epipen with me at all times for my food allergies anyway, so I'm prepared in case that one develops, too!

More little things about me:

I am allergic to most scented things also - anyone who has ever sung in choir with me learns that quickly!

I don't mind other people who wear make-up, my dear friend wouldn't even go down to breakfast in college without mascara and eyeliner, at least.

I hate shopping, except for food shopping (which is a lot slower now that I have to read labels for everything because of my food allergies), and shopping for Gift Swaps!

I am kid #3 of 4, and the only one with blue eyes. (Both my Grandpas had blue eyes, so I learned genetics early to answer back when Dad would tease me about it, and in turn I'd point out that I have his exact chin-with-dent, but at least I'm a girl, so mine doesn't have whiskers growing out of it!)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-11-2006, 03:38 PM
- Get a pedicure and a manicure regularly...
- I like jewelry and my husband gives it to me on many occasions
- I am self-employed...

EEK - my long-lost twin

- One thing no-one knows yet.... I just got my belly button pierced! ;)

catnapper
09-11-2006, 05:40 PM
~I have a million shades of lipstick and only wear it for work.
~I love murder mysteries, especially a good mystery novel
~I only drink tea. Hot or cold. No lemon please.

sirrahbed
09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Fun thread everyone! I saw it when Jen first put it up. but could not think of a single thing to post, but now I have a few ideas after reading through....

*The first thing I consume each and every day is COFFEE

*I dislike shoes and only wear slippers, sneakers, or flipflops

*I think I must be addicted to vaseline on my lips and lotion on my hands because I use these two things often throughout the day and have them in most every room. Must have them on!!

*Even though I have migraines, I love smelly-good things - lotions, candles, air fresheners, body splashes, colognes. No perfume though. A favorite scent is lavender

*I don't wear make-up anymore though I do love cosmetics

*Hate shopping

*am both an English teacher and an RN

* I collect little boxes

G535
09-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Can't be bothered with makeup.
Don't own a dress.
Love coffee.
Was a saddler for years, now an almost retired tech.
Love cats (that should be on the top of the list).
Don't let anything bother me any more (too old!).

Pam
09-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I LOOOVVVEEE country music and can't live without it
I love standard poodles

These are two of my passions also, although I love poodles in any size. :)
I love coffee but only drink one large mug a day in the morning. :)
I wear make-up and would not be seen outside of this house without it. :o
I love jewelry but prefer small dainty jewelry (I have long skinny fingers).
I love perfume (mild fragrances) and perfumed candles. I have enough candles to light up my town but there is always room for one more scent. :rolleyes:
I almost never wear a dress or skirt. I work for an ophthalmologist so I am either in scrubs or jeans when I get home.
I love HGTV.
I love working in the yard.
I take blood pressure medication.
My two grandsons are the light of my life.

dogzr#1
09-11-2006, 08:11 PM
* I am freakin' addicted to the internet and coffee. (not a healthy mix)

* I play tennis

* I am obsessed with PotC, but most of you knew that.

* If I go somewhere, I like to be neat, and clean and kinda dressy; but if I stay home, I'll stay in my PJ's all day.

* I'm not a fan of make-up, yet at least.

* My parents are divorced.

* I am shy around large groups of people, but in smaller groups of people I know, I am not shy at all.

* I have only 5 pairs of shoes: 2 pairs of tennis shoes, one pair of polka-dotted vans; 'fancy' shoes, and my flip-flops. I am happy with these and don't want any more.

* I'm allergic to peaches.

* I luv all movies, but mostly action/adventure and comedy

* I don't listen to music

* I speak my mind while on the internet and am not affraid of stating my opinions. What's the worse they can do? Cuss me out virtually?

Chilli
09-11-2006, 08:23 PM
- Even in the saddest or most aggrivating situations, I find a way to smile & laugh.

- One of my best friends looks alot like Mr. Bean.

- To me, rooms feel empty if there isn't music playing.

- Its very rare that you find me without either a bird or a rat on my shoulder when I'm at home.

wolfsoul
09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
I am the "eyeliner queen."

I collect wolves and Belgian shepherds.

I'm always on the lookout for things I can wear to a dog show.

My boss is my best friend.

When my house is a mess, so am I.

Sunday is the only day I'll straighten my hair. It'll last 2 or 3 days, then I wash it, and won't even brush my hair until the next Sunday.

My hair dye is called "cappucino" and I haven't seen my natural hair colour since I was nine.

I can crack pretty much every joint in my body, and do so lol.

Every time I start to gain weight, I go on a cleanse.

I could live off cereal and milk.

Daisy and Delilah
09-11-2006, 09:02 PM
I love coffee but don't drink alot of it.
I'm addicted to Diet Mountain Dew.
I'm addicted to Reese's Peanut Butter cups.
I'm addicted to sugar free popsicles but only eat them while on the computer.
I must be addicted to the computer too ;) PT that is!!
I won't leave the house without makeup--especially lipstick
I love perfume and I use it all the time.
I love candles and I have them everywhere in the house.
I love HGTV and the Food network.
I'm a quilt maker.
I must be doing a craft at all times.
I love country music.
I am an avid gardener-I love my plants and working in the yard.
I was a biology major in college and I still love it to this day.
I have one brother and one sister, both younger than me.
I have two grown children. Ages 34 and 31.
I love to read and I work at a library ;)
I have a slight obsession with Chihuahuas :)
I am told by many people that I have a great personality.

Pam
09-12-2006, 09:08 AM
I am told by many people that I have a great personality.

Though I have never met you in person, I would totally agree with that! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-12-2006, 10:33 AM
* I never wear make-up
* I hate asjofish
* I hate it when people smoke in the same room as where I am, and even more when I am eating !!!!
* I always blow on my food before I eat it, even if it is a cold dish :D
* I love red candles, and around Christmas time, there are candles EVERYWHERE (yes, in the toilet too)
* I am much overweight, caused by taking cortizone....
*I want to loose some weight, but it doesn't work; this is driving me CRAZY
* I am a PT-addict !!
* I cannot imagine life without pets!!
* I am very allergic to mussels!
* I love shopping for clothes, not for food :)
* I am a camera-a-holic!!

finn's mom
09-12-2006, 11:27 AM
I just read through everyone's replies, this is a cool thread.

Let's see...

**I am a chameleon! (I love blue jeans, tennis shoes, baseball caps and ponytails just as much as i love sleek little black dresses and heels!)

**I will talk to anyone.

**I am terrified of public speaking, but, am planning to take at least one public speaking class in college to see if I can overcome it.

**I am afraid of heights, but, love sky diving.

**I love janitorial work, it's rewarding.

**I love Christmas music and Christmastime, but, refuse to enter a mall from November to January.

**Photography is my passion.

**Music speaks to me in ways that have literally gotten me through really tough times.

**I love stories, real and made-up, regardless of the medium used to tell it (books, music, movies, etc).

**I see beauty everywhere I go.

**I love being pretty and feminine just as much as I love playing in the mud with my dog.

**I am not a feminist. I love and respect the differences in men and women.

**I love hugs.

sparks19
09-12-2006, 04:51 PM
I have more to add LOL

When I eat anything even remotely spicy (even mild wings) my lips swell up and I look like I had collagen injections lol

I have to have a fan running when i sleep at night, otherwise I hear everything and can never get any sleep.

I LOVE scented candles. I have so many different scents and candle holders.

I wear slippers at ALL times when in the house. when I get home my socks come off immediately and I slip into the loose fitting comfort of my slippers and they stay on until I go to bed.

Zippy
09-12-2006, 05:07 PM
on more thing i wanted to add
~I love unicorns.It is an odd thing I know.
~I am obsessed with bettas and love my 3 so much

Daisy and Delilah
09-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Thank you Pam! :) I can imagine you have a fabulous personality yourself. :)

Almita
09-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Got more to add

I'm addicted to Coca-cola

I'm addicted to Salt and Vinegar Lays Chips

Drink a gallon of water a day

Will do mostly any dare someone will tell me practically

Love to draw

Love to play the guitar. piano. and violin.

Big fan of This Providence and Waking Ashland

Love Jonathan Jones and Jensen Ackles

Love lots of singers and actors and they are mostly all start with the letter J.

Jessika
09-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I act tougher than I really am, and I do like girly stuff even if I pretend not to (as in, dressing up and looking pretty and CLOTHES SHOPPING and stuff lol).

Ummmmm I don't know, I'm just me, and I have an undying devotion and love for my animals and the man in my life :)

*LabLoverKEB*
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Okay, here's a few things about me...
*I LOVE to shop
*I wear makeup, and I love it
*I am OBSESSED with dogs, (don't really care if it's a healthy obsession, or not! lol)
*I love Pet Talk, hehehe
*I am a christian
*and I got to church
*I hope to own many different breeds of dogs in the future
*My dogs are my children
*I love to dance, and take lessons
*I love colors
*LOVE horseback riding
*Wish that I had a horse
*Love the internet
*Can't live without my iPod

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Here are a few things about me:

- I have a major dog collar addiction...I'm constantly buying new collars for the dogs.
- I truly am obsessed with dogs, they're pretty much the only thing that interests me.
- My favourite colour is green (any shade).
- I never wear make, nor do I ever want to.
- I dress in jeans and a T-shirt everyday, if it's cold out I'll put a hoody on or something else with long sleeves.
- I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke...I get an instant headache when I'm around it.
- I love water, I drink atleast 10 glasses each day.
- I hate 'junk food' (ex: potato chips).
- I don't drink pop often, maybe a couple times a year.
- Next to my human family, my dogs are the most important beings/things in my life.
- I have next to nothing in common with people my age it seems.
- I love photography...just wish I had a better camera (saving for a digital SLR..)
- December is my most favourite time of the year.
- When you first meet me, I come off as a shy, quiet person but I'm really not. Just takes me a while to get to know somebody.
- I collect anything I can find with Tollers on it...which proves to be a difficult task.
- I've never dated anyone, nor do I ever want to. Lol...I plan on spending my entire life with just my dogs and I..

That's all I can think of at the moment..

Prairie Purrs
09-12-2006, 10:58 PM
I require coffee. And tea--black, green, white, herbal. My kitchen is a shrine to tea and teaware.

I'm easy to spot. Just look for the middle-aged fat lady wearing tie-dye and Crocs and listening to an iPod. I love to do beadwork and make most of my jewelry.

I'm usually reading several books at once. I collect fountain pens. I occasionally write bad poetry. And I used to be a radio newscaster.

caseysmom
09-13-2006, 12:00 AM
I'm easy to spot. Just look for the middle-aged fat lady wearing tie-dye and Crocs and listening to an iPod. I love to do beadwork and make most of my jewelry.

You gave me a good laugh! Thanks for that I needed it tonight. As we get older we do learn to laugh with ourselves don't we?

binka_nugget
09-13-2006, 12:21 AM
-I have quite a few body mods.. the ones I'm most in love with are my nape piercing, and dog paw tattoos
-I absolutely can not stall park. I will avoid parking next to another car if I can
-I have invested over $600 in my betta breeding hobby. I have yet to make a cent back because I decided to keep every single baby thus far.
-I work at 6am (get up at 5) and insist on sleeping at 1am every morning
-I start my day off with an energy drink most mornings
-I drink at least four cans of pop a day (once I cut it out completely and lost 5 pounds in a week! :eek: )
-I hope to become a (responsible) breeder to help preserve the Sheltie and Belgian breed, as well as do whatever I can with rescues
-I'm surfing PT right now to avoid cleaning my room.. which has desperately needed cleaning for 2 months. :p

Prairie Purrs
09-13-2006, 02:44 AM
You gave me a good laugh! Thanks for that I needed it tonight. As we get older we do learn to laugh with ourselves don't we?

Absolutely! I wish I'd learned years sooner to lighten up and avoid taking myself too seriously.

RICHARD
09-13-2006, 03:03 AM
I can channel surf so fast it will make you carsick or walk out of the room.

I am an info junkie. I will watch a program about how Q-tips are made.

I cannot follow written directions. Show me how? I can do it.

I like to read about strange stories - like the one about the diver that was spear fishing and drowned when the fish dove into a cave. The diver got caught in the line and was killed.

I am vehemently proud to be an American. I know that my country and government are screwed up, but hey, it sure beats Belarus.

I love to write, do poetry and cannot do haiku without my fingers.
1.2.3.4.5--1.2.3.4.5.6.7.......

I think that all women should wait to have a door opened for them

I fall in love with women newscasters.....I don't stalk them or anything stupid like that. I just want then to read me the news in the morning.

(Heidi Collins is my current obession.)

Boxers or Briefs?

Boxers aren't my kind of dog....Briefs? too short...... :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Cobalt blue cookware or stemware make me spend uncontrollably.

Introduce yourself and I forget who you are in 3 minutes.

Ask me to find a passage in a book that I have read?
I got your back, Homes!

I can make money on bets with people when it comes to shooting anything-
pistol, rifle, airgun, bow and arrow.

I am a practicing Luddite..The only reason I go on line is to fake people and my bosses out. They think I know something about computers.

I LOVE MY EFFING CAT!

I am way shorter on line than I am in person.

I love bawdiness.

People hate to watch trivia shows with me.....I always win. :rolleyes:

I HATE SPECIAL EFFECTS IN MOVIES.
I started to watch Brokeback Mtn and turned it off.....
not because of the movies content. Because the backgrounds were painted/matted.

Miss Z
09-13-2006, 12:14 PM
What makes me, me? Ummmmmmmm..... I forgot. LOL, actually, I have a pretty bad short-term memory but a pretty good long-term one;)

I have an amazing talent of being able to pick out the most expensive item in a jewelry shop, WITHOUT having any hint of the price tag or being given any clue as to which area it is in. Consequently, however, once I've found that particular item, I usually end up wanting it :p which leads into another characteristic, I eat my parents out of house and home :o The older I get, the more money I require!!!

I HATE mental maths. Give me a good, long equation that I can write down and ponder on anytime ;)

I've never had any interest in any body piercings or tattoos, and don't suppose I ever will.

I am a very efficient arguer. Generally, I pride myself on being a patient person, but unfortunately (or fortunately? ;) ) I've inherited my mother's explosive temper gene, so if someone gets on the wrong side of me, I sink my teeth and and do not let go. By gum, my mother and I have some HEATED arguements! :D

And lastly, for now, I like to prove people wrong about any 'myths' they believe, like having a pet rat and showing all those who recoiled at the idea what a brilliant pet Tia is. If someone said they would never pick up a spider that got in the bath, strangely, I would want to do it. :p I suppose it's just in my nature.

sandragonfly
09-14-2006, 03:45 PM
umm.. I'm about anything! well, not everything, only in good ways.

well, I'll name few here .. gina

wears sandals or walk barefoot most of time, even in rain or snow.

loves animals, buggies, children, driving, hugs, questions and hates odd numbers, food and clueless people.

gets headache if smelling coffee or cigarette for two minutes then vomits in 30 minutes later after headache becomes migraine.

is oversensitive sometimes, will be ticked off easily when lectures/advices given without asking but don't show it at most of time.

has no fear, addiction but allergic to tons of medicines and lies.

hurts easily, recovers easily if am accepted.

could be anyone.

Suki Wingy
09-14-2006, 05:08 PM
I Love:
Fall
Genetics
History
Period movies
Dog shows
Horse Shows
Equitation Riding
Rabbits
Animals with red eyes (Like my bunny!)
Drawing
Photoshop
Dalmatians
Diet Coke with Lemons
Hot Apple Pie (both the food and the band)
Emerson Drive, Billy Currington, Josh Turner, Tim McGraw, Cascada

Logan
09-14-2006, 05:45 PM
What a neat thread! Thank you, Jen!!!!

I always wear a little makeup, even it if it just mascara and lipstick.

I hate pantyhose, but I endure them, sometime.

I have high blood pressure and take medication, daily, for that

I do not sleep well, most nights. Constant noise (fans, etc) help me with that.

I grieve, terribly, for my pets who have gone to heaven.

I married for the second time, almost 4 years ago, after being single for 10 years. It was the right thing to do. :) I found the "right" one this time.

My daughter, Helen, is the love of my life and I am so very proud of her. She is 15 and in the 10th grade now.

I have finally found a perfect job, after years of the wrong ones.

I love the months when the air conditioner and furnace don't have to run and we can open our windows.

I love Oprah and Martha Stewart and Ti Pennington.

I love the ocean and I love the mountains. And I love to see my darling Golden Retrievers enjoying swimming on the rare occasion that they get to do it.

More later........

Logan

buttercup132
09-14-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm 16
I have ADD
I have 8 peircings and 2 soon to be 3 tattoos
I dont get along with girls except my best friends(wich Ive been friends with since I was in kindergarten)
I dont do good in school
I have really bad anger issues
I dont like kids younger then me unless they are tiny babies
I love almost every animal and will argue anything someone says that isnt true
I love watching bmx ( most of my friends do it)
I always wear make up and dont go anywhere without straightening my hair
I dont do many things that are "girly"
my favorite colour is green
I love photography and drawing
I dont like chocolate,cake,ice cream,icing or whip cream
I love almost every "adult" cartoon (Simpsons,King of the hill,Family guy ect)
I also love all the shows on channle 51(family channle)