PDA

View Full Version : It's me again asking advice!

CatLuvrs
09-10-2006, 09:29 AM
I have a problem with Max jumping on the counter tops. I don't like it and can't seem to get him to stop. What do you all suggest for this? I am thinking of going to buy the blasted spray bottle and trying this but wanted to know what you suggested before I do this! Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Laura's Babies
09-10-2006, 10:28 AM
If the water spray don't work, try the 2 sided sticky tape. I use it on my sofa where they like to scratch and it does work.

CatLuvrs
09-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Thank you! For some reason Myles won't climb on my counter tops but Max won't stop doing it. Drives me crazy lol

jenluckenbach
09-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Cats will be cats. And they like high places, and counter tops qualify. Even if you teach the cat to not go there when you are watching they WILL go there when you are NOT watching. :rolleyes:

Double sided sticky tape may work. Or a product called a scat mat. But truthfully, I believe you will need to change your thoughts before a cat will change its ways. (LOL) ;)

CatLuvrs
09-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Cats will be cats. And they like high places, and counter tops qualify. Even if you teach the cat to not go there when you are watching they WILL go there when you are NOT watching. :rolleyes:

Double sided sticky tape may work. Or a product called a scat mat. But truthfully, I believe you will need to change your thoughts before a cat will change its ways. (LOL) ;)

LOL so basically it will never work huh? ;)

catnapper
09-10-2006, 11:23 AM
LOL so basically it will never work huh? ;)
No. and the more you shoo them away the worse it'll get because then its a challenge and they love a challenge! I'd just rethink my thinking and let them have a section of the counter to themselves.