PDA

View Full Version : Stoner Kitty

catnapper
09-10-2006, 09:14 AM
I gave Pouncer his valium this morning and what does my high boy do? He goes and gets HIGHER on catnip! :rolleyes:

So he's currently stumbling around just like yesterday on half the pill. I guess he's just enjoying the high?

He was sooooo easy to photograph last night. He pretty much sat completely still and watched everyone else. I got the best ever Pouncer photos!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/artwork/StonedKitty1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/artwork/StonedKitty3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/artwork/StonedKitty2.jpg

As opposed to Flutter who sat on the step below him.... she may have had a still body but her widdle head moved a mile a minute. This is the best photo I got of Flutter during the same time period (notice the blurry head):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/artwork/SweetFlutterGirl.jpg

And my favorite shot from earlier in the day. How sweet is their hello?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/artwork/SweetHello.jpg

Pouncer's turning back into the kitty I've missed for the past few years. He was like this (sweet, loving, affectionate) before we got Abby and Harry. I missed this boy, and I hope he relaxes enough to remain like this after the valium is done. I always knew he was one stressed little boy but I had no idea how stressed. I feel like a bad meowmie for stressing him out like this :(

CatLuvrs
09-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Aww Pouncer is a sweetheart! I LOVE their hello! :D

Killearn Kitties
09-10-2006, 10:02 AM
What wonderful Pouncer pictures! I do hope this makes a difference to him and he stays relaxed. :D

Laura's Babies
09-10-2006, 10:11 AM
He does look relaxed in those photos but not stoned. Now that you got him chilling out, take advantage of it and love on him all you can so he will miss it when the valium is gone...

Flutter is as lovely as ever and she looks sooooo sweeeeeet!

jenluckenbach
09-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Look at Pouncer's sweet face. AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

jazzcat
09-10-2006, 11:59 AM
From the look on his face I think it's working well.

I haven't had to give any to Ripley for a little while but after a few days of being on it he is just the sweetest and neediest kitty ever. I really like him drugged!

I don't know how long Pouncer is supposet to get the valium but you may notice that he starts building up a tolerance to it after so long - like with people. Once Ripley is better, over his bladder problem and behaving well I usually ween him off but the vet lets me keep it on hand (and I can get more just by calling) so I can start him on it again if he starts acting stressed or upset. That way he gets a break from it and doesn't build up a tolerance or get too addicted.

momcat
09-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Oh Kim, Pouncer is beautiful! He looks like the kind of kitty guy you just want to snuggle with all day long. Here's hoping the valium does its job for your sweet little boy. And what is there to say about Flutter... she keeps getting more and more adorable all the time. A round of scritchies being sent to all your kitties.....

orangemm
09-10-2006, 02:17 PM
He sure does look like he's in 'happyland'! Yes, he looks extremely relaxed!! You took some wonderful pictures!! :)

What a handsome boy.

Jayna78
09-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I guess I should ask this to see what all of you who have had to put kitties on Valium think. Our Leila is a little devil. She's very aggressive with us, and with the other kitties. At times, she's a sweetheart - she'll curl up with my husband most of the time, but sometimes even with me. She purrs and head-bumps us if we stop petting her for a second. However, we can't pet her for too long before she gets tired of it, so we have to know when to cut it off so she doesn't get mad at us and run off or bite us and then run off. She doesn't like for us to pick her up and cuddle her unless she chooses to come to us, and she is always more than willing to bite us. She has been like this for a long time, but it seems like it wasn't as bad when it was just Bailey and her. Once we adopted Leo and Claudia she seemed to get extra aggressive, and she hasn't been very good this week, since we adopted Vincent & Mikey. Do you think that we should take her to the vet (an adventure in itself b/c she is a holy terror there) and see if she needs something to help her relax? Catnip is one of her favorite things, but she doesn't exactly calm down after having it...

Just wondering.

moosmom
09-10-2006, 03:48 PM
That is one relaxed cat!!! Does he like to share??? As they say, "Better living through chemistry".

I hope it works, Kim.

kimlovescats
09-10-2006, 03:59 PM
What a sweet boy! I hope he is able to get feeling better and kick the habit on his own before long! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Wow! Pouncer sure does look relaxed. I hope that the valium will help him and that he'll be able to stay this relaxed in the future.:)

My Pearl is just like your Flutter in that she's so hard to photograph because she's always moving. The only time I can get some clear still pictures of her is when she's just woken up from her nap or is so interested in looking at something that she keeps her head still. LOL:)

catmandu
09-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Pouncer Angels has been there with Pouncer now that hes more relaxed, and shes telling how nice things would be if he used his litter box.
Even when Pouncer had a collapsed lung and could bearly walk, she was a very clean Cat.
I hope that she can help her little namesake.

shelby
09-10-2006, 07:39 PM
I love it! Great pictures!

auggie
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
He does look quite relaxed.
Such a handsome boy.
I hope the medication will make him feel better.

Sevaede
09-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Kim, that is one relaxed happy cat! :D

Flutter looks like a mischievous little q t pie. :D