PDA

View Full Version : Held Back.. Max's New Home! ((UPDATE))

WarahGirl1995
09-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Max's adoption was held back until this afternoon. Before he left we gave him his goodbye party, an "everlasting" dog treat (a beefy hard bone like treat that actually is not everlasting!!!), a rawhide bone, a rawhide ball (yum yum!!), lots of treats, and a very big rawhide bone. He got lots of walks and extra attention & training. Well we (and when I saw we I mean Makayla (zoomer), mom, my sister, my brother, and my dad) took him to his home around 2:00. He lives near Canada now with his owners. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive there and very tiring! We took Max out of the car and the lady (63 years old, and the real owner, along with the "co-owners" which are her son and her daughter), her son, and her sister were waiting for him. We have them his bed, food bowl, Pedigree, AKC papers, toys of course!! and stuff like that. He was pretty good around her and we put him in the backyard to check it out in stuff. He got lots of treats and enjoyed pulling apples off the apple tree for us to throw them :p We said goodbye and left. Of course I am going to miss him but we will still go visit him a lot. Although my dad was singing "Happy Birthday to me... now I won't have to sneeze!!". The house & backyard where he will be living are great. The house is clean and pretty big, and the backyard is fenced and organized. He has a kong full of biscuits and treats and lots of balls to play with. They'll be neautering him very soon. I think he'll be better off there.

Once we got home Rupert went around the house whining trying to find his buddy. Poor guy was so worried... but right now he's doing OK and playing. I'm sure sooner or later he'll get happier once he notices he's now the center of attention. To cheer him up he got a rawhide bone and lots of attention.

Goodbye Max and I hope you're liking your new home!!!!!!!!

zoomer
09-10-2006, 03:38 PM
bump...

buttercup132
09-10-2006, 05:17 PM
I thought he went to his new home like a month ago...

I_luv_rusty
09-10-2006, 05:22 PM
I thought he went to his new home like a month ago...

Yea.. me too. :confused: You said on September 2 this- "I have good news! Max is going to a new home on the 3rd. The family he's going to seems perfect for him, 2 adults and a little girl. They came over and met Max, fell in love with him, and we checked the owners out, asked questions and stuff. He's been such a good boy, and they'll probably be a better family for him, since they don't have any other animals or allergies. Wish Max luck at his new home!"