PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' through the files...

Sevaede
09-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Well, I was looking through the vet files (looking for Sonis neuter receipt), and I found a card. It is a condolence card, sent out by our old vet in Pendleton after Tier was sent to the RB and I became sad. :( When you have a pet pass away, they wait two weeks and send you a card.

It is green with little gold paw prints on the cover that says With Sympathy. On the inside they wrote: "The Copa Family, We wanted you to know that we understand the difficulty in your decision to let Tier go. We hope the memories you have shared will help fill the emptiness in your hearts. Sincerely, the staff of Pendleton Veterinary Clinic." and then everybody on staff signed it (one of the techs that was in the room wrote "nice kitty" too), even their maintenance guy!

Does anyone elses vet do this? I think it's a sweet gesture!

Laura's Babies
09-09-2006, 10:01 PM
I had a vet do that for me once but it was so long ago that I forgot which one it was... I think it is thoughtful when they do that and shows they really understand what a person goes through when they loose a beloved pet.

rg_girlca
09-09-2006, 10:27 PM
That is so darn sweet and thoughtful of your vet to do this. Mine doesn't :(

I can understand you feeling sad about it. How long has it been since Tier's passing?

Grace
09-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Our Vet sends flowers and a card.

Jayna78
09-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Our vet sent us a beautiful card after Leo passed away. It has a silhouette of a cat looking up at a purple sky full of stars. Very sweet. Everyone signed it. :) It's the little things like that during times of grief that help out a lot!

AbbyMom
09-10-2006, 08:57 AM
When our little RB girl Quasar passed away, we got a lovely sympathy card signed by everybody at the office about the pawprints left on our hearts. I get LES just thinking about it because it's so true.

Quasar had been in the hospital for a while and they got to knew her there. So the vet and some of the techs wrote a few lines about how sweet she was. I miss her. :(

I think it's a sweet and caring thing for the vet to do.

CatLuvrs
09-10-2006, 09:30 AM
That is so sweet. Nope we have never gotten anything from our vets.

Felicia's Mom
09-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Twice! The first card I recieved was in 1989 for Cleo. The second one was in 1992 for Shadow. These were from two different vets.

sirrahbed
09-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Our vet does this, too. Somewhere I have the card that came in the mail a few weeks after we took RB Bert in with his terrible cancer. I remember opening the card and feeling so very sad and yet glad that someone understood and cared. This was 9 years ago.

I hope you will save that card, too. I am glad that you found it and it helped you again :)

Felicia's Mom
09-10-2006, 02:51 PM
The "Rainbow Bridge" poem was on the first card I recieved; it was the first time I had heard of "Rainbow Bridge".

orangemm
09-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Our vet in Balto. did that, too, and I have all the cards............ :(

It is a lovely gesture, though.

catmandu
09-10-2006, 05:41 PM
When Mr Scrappy and Mr Fluffy were PTS, I got a note and a copy of the Rainbow Bridge letter.
That made me feel a little better.

Sevaede
09-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I had a vet do that for me once but it was so long ago that I forgot which one it was... I think it is thoughtful when they do that and shows they really understand what a person goes through when they loose a beloved pet.

I agree. Letting people know they truly care and understand is just so nice and wonderful. :)

Sevaede
09-10-2006, 10:35 PM
That is so darn sweet and thoughtful of your vet to do this. Mine doesn't :(

I can understand you feeling sad about it. How long has it been since Tier's passing?

Aww, I'm sorry! :(

One year, two months, two weeks, and four days. :( We had to send him to the RB on June 23rd of last year (he was nine months old and it was three weeks, exactly, before my birthday). :(

Sevaede
09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Our vet sent us a beautiful card after Leo passed away. It has a silhouette of a cat looking up at a purple sky full of stars. Very sweet. Everyone signed it. :) It's the little things like that during times of grief that help out a lot!

That sounds so pretty! :) I agree, it helped me to know that somebody could empathize (not that I am glad that their cat passed on it's that they could understand the feelings).

Sevaede
09-10-2006, 10:47 PM
When our little RB girl Quasar passed away, we got a lovely sympathy card signed by everybody at the office about the pawprints left on our hearts. I get LES just thinking about it because it's so true.

Quasar had been in the hospital for a while and they got to knew her there. So the vet and some of the techs wrote a few lines about how sweet she was. I miss her. :(

I think it's a sweet and caring thing for the vet to do.

Awww! :( It's like you can feel the little feet stamps right where they imprinted.

I agree. It makes a person glad to know that someone cares! :)

Sevaede
09-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Twice! The first card I recieved was in 1989 for Cleo. The second one was in 1992 for Shadow. These were from two different vets.

That is so sweet! :) It's wonderful to know that there are so many that do this! :)

Sevaede
09-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Our vet does this, too. Somewhere I have the card that came in the mail a few weeks after we took RB Bert in with his terrible cancer. I remember opening the card and feeling so very sad and yet glad that someone understood and cared. This was 9 years ago.

I hope you will save that card, too. I am glad that you found it and it helped you again :)

I am so glad that it was able to help you, as well! :)

There is just something about this type of things that sort of makes things a little easier. :)

Sevaede
09-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Our vet in Balto. did that, too, and I have all the cards............ :(

It is a lovely gesture, though.

I agree, it is so very sweet! :(

Sevaede
09-10-2006, 11:17 PM
When Mr Scrappy and Mr Fluffy were PTS, I got a note and a copy of the Rainbow Bridge letter.
That made me feel a little better.

Aww! :)

I know that these things cannot totally eleviate the heartache but they make ya feel a little better. :)