PDA

View Full Version : I need PT prayers...

moosmom
09-09-2006, 09:10 PM
I got an email from my roomate tonight telling me he will be vacating the apartment at the end of December and I need to be out by the 2nd week of December so the landlord can show the place.

I'm speechless right now. I knew it would happen eventually, but not this soon. I have 90 days to figure out what I'm going to do and where I'm going to go. That and what will happen to my furbabies.

So far, I can either live in my car or underneath the I-95 overpass. Hey, homeless people do it all the time, right?? That reminds me of a cartoon I once saw of a homeless lady pushing a shopping car filled with cat. That'll be me. I can't stop crying right now because I have never been in this kind of predicament before. God takes care of babies and idiots and so far he's taken care of me. Will he again???

I don't have a full time job, just part-time. No one is going to rent to someone without money to pay for rent. What about my cats??? My BABIES!!!!!

What am I gonna do????? Please put the PT prayers to work for me. I need them now more than ever. :)

kimlovescats
09-09-2006, 09:16 PM
He told you this in an e-mail????? What was he, chicken to tell you face to face??? :rolleyes: I"m so sorry honey. Try to keep the faith, you do at least have 90 days, better than 30 at least ;) ..... something will come along!

HUGS,
Kim

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear this. Do you have any friends or family close by that would be able to help you? Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

moosmom
09-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Kim,

Yeah, you're probably right. I guess he doesn't know how to deal with hysterical women and knew I would cry.

I am numb right now. I know I've got 90 days, and the clock is ticking as we speak. I have to find a full-time job AND a place to live. If that ain't stress, I don't know what is!!

I'm going to call the State on Monday and see if there is anything they can do to help me out, as well as call the temp agencies to see if there's any work.

I've never felt this hopeless in my entire life.

Karen
09-09-2006, 10:00 PM
There is still hope! 90 days is time for a lot of things to chaange, and you will be in our prayers. Bless him for giving you that long, many people would not have given that much advance notice.

Dorothy39
09-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh my, I can feel every bit of your stress , and , YES, I will hold you and your fur babies in my thoughts.

I am so sorry that you are feeling so up rooted!!!

Prayers for you , moosmom !!!!!! I know everything will work out, you are a go getter!!!!!!

Sevaede
09-09-2006, 10:22 PM
**********HUGS**********

:( I am so sorry that this has happened!

I think calling the temp agencies would be a great idea! Have you tried reapplying at places that it's been a while at? At vet offices?

Is there anyone who might be able to take care of your babies?

If worse comes to worst (is that the correct phrase?), I could foster if you'd like but I live all the way in Louisiana. (I know that's probably not an option, just trying to do what I can to help) :(

Karen
09-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Definitely reapply at all the newspapers, would you be willing to do sales? From now to Christmas is the big busy time ...

Laura's Babies
09-09-2006, 10:24 PM
The prayers are already going for you and your babies! Look to the Lord and He will not let you down. Maybe, JUST maybe, He has something special in the works for you... Keep the faith!

catnapper
09-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Donna, I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say.

Geeze - I wish I had a spare bedroom for you and your gang. I am certain something will pop up, even if its only temporary until you found something else.

((((HUGS))))

rg_girlca
09-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Oh Donna, I am so sorry.

Prayers definitely on the way for you and your furbabies that everything will turn out for you in the end.

((((((HUGS))))))

Catty1
09-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Donna - OMG - Can't you just get another room-mate? Why do YOU have to leave?

Is the lease not in your name????

It'll work out ok!

HUGS and PRAYERS!

cyber-sibes
09-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Oh Donna, you sure have had your share of woes this year! But of course there's still HOPE. You know where to find it, too- have you been back to the rooms lately? First things first, and all else follows. Turn if over to HP, every hour if you need to, and just keep doing the next right thing. Prayers and ((((hugs))) for you, girl. At least this time of year, there will be jobs.

K9karen
09-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Geesh, Donna, I didn't know you had a roommate. I'll ask the same question...is the lease in his name? Can you take it over and get another roommate? If not, and I know you'll kill me for saying this...Wait..I'll smack myself upside the head for you....but would you even consider asking your brother for help.
I wish I lived closer to help you and give you hugs.

davidpizzica
09-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Oh, Donna, BIG {{{{HUGS}}}}! Too bad you caa't come over to Pittsburgh and share my house (and Kenny!) Seriously, my thougts and prayers are and will ever be with you, Donna. As usual the big shoulder is open and ready for you to use any time you want!

jenluckenbach
09-10-2006, 06:21 AM
MANY PRAYERS! Keep the faith.

While looking for a place to live YOU should look for someone who would take you and the babies in as a room-mate. Then you wouldn't have to go all the expenses alone.

What about your daughter???? (I don't want to start anything here, but she IS family and should have some respect for you, and that should include your cats).

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Soapets
09-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Nebraska. Have faith that when God closes a door, He opens a window. Things WILL work out, and will be all the better for it in the long run......................

Deb

Daisy and Delilah
09-10-2006, 06:53 AM
Best of luck to you Donna. You seem to have the worst luck. I agree with others that maybe you can find another roommate so you can stay there. I pray that it will all turn out well for you and the kitties :(
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Felicia's Mom
09-10-2006, 07:40 AM
My prayers go out to you. I had to rehome my cats, and I know how you feel. :(

moosmom
09-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Cybersibes,

I just got off the phone with my friend Clare from the Bill Wilson House in Vermont. I explained my situation to her. I told her that I know how busy it gets at the house and how short staffed they are and she agreed. I asked her if she thought Bonnie would allow me to work (volunteer) at the house in exchange for room and board, and allow me to bring my cats (which I know she won't have a problem with since Mollie Rose is a Wilson House cat). She seemed very upbeat about it and to call Bonnie tomorrow. I plan on driving up there next weekend to sit down and talk to Bonnnie in detail and see what, if anything, can be arranged. I absolutely LOVE that house and all the people in it. My needs would not be much as my car will be paid for (FINALLY!!!!) in the next month. I would just need enough for gas (which I'm sure is ALOT cheaper in VT) and cat stuff. I can always get a part-time job at a local store or a BB&B if there is one in that area. Plus I can CERTAINLY use the meetings. I wouldn't be far from my daughter or friends at all, and will surely make new ones. Hmmmm, I wonder if this is my HP's way of telling me that is where I need to be??? Ya think?????

Jen,

My daughter already made it perfectly clear that I couldn't stay with her (even though she has a 2 bedroom apartment). When I wanted to come home from MI the first time I asked and she said no. We didn't speak for a couple of weeks on that one. Nice, huh??

As far as me finding a roommate for this place, the rent is $1200/month and as it is, I don't have a full-time job to take care of my share of it.

I'm sorry I sounded like such a whining baby last night, but this whole thing just hit me like a ton of bricks. See what a good night of NOT sleeping will do????

Thanks everyone for being so supportive. It means so much to me to know that I've got such great friends from all around the globe.

Keep your fingers crossed and those prayers coming.

Catty1
09-10-2006, 10:17 AM
The Bill Wilson House! How Cool!

Meetings just down the hall! Love it!

GOOD luck on that - sounds like a great new start - and you know how Fellowship folks can help one another out - you never know what the move will hold for you!

Finger crossed, and prayers too! :D

jenluckenbach
09-10-2006, 10:39 AM
This sounds very good!!!!!!!!!

As for your daughter...........SHAME on her. :mad:

Now to clarify.....If this plan doens't pan out (and I hope it does) my thought was for you to find someone ELSE who is looking for a room mate, and move in with THEM.

cyber-sibes
09-10-2006, 10:44 AM
:D Hey Donna, that's wonderful! HP's watching out for you! One of our local "elder statesmen", Mel B. knew Bill & Bob - he spoke at the Wilson house recently. I'd love to go there for a visit myself one day. If you end up there, maybe.....? ;)

moosmom
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Jen,

Yeah, shame on her is right. She said it had to do with my cats. I told her I could work on fostering them out but she was adamant about it. I love my kid, don't get me wrong. But she is a very selfish person. She thinks it's all about her. She can't figure out why I'm in such a panic, afterall, I have 90 days. Doesn't have a problem asking me to drive 40 minutes so I can take her around grocery shopping, clipping her cats nails, etc. As far as finding a roommate to move in with, again there's the issue of my cats AND the fact that I can't find a full-time job. No one is going to want to rent to someone who can't pay their rent.

Cyber-Sibes,

I'm not getting my hopes up. This way I won't be disappointed. It does sound like the perfect solution for everyone involved. Ozzie, Bonnie's husband, passed away last year from cancer so she's been trying to run the house herself along with the volunteers. Her mom, Clare, said she's worn down and with the foliage season coming up, they're gonna be swamped. If I have to move to Vermont, I'd rather move before the first snowfall. I'm driving up there on Friday for the weekend. It'll help me clear my head and figure out what's next, if in fact, they say no. I could really use a meeting right about now. But, I'll just go to bed instead.

My best friend in a round about way offered to let me stay in her daughter's room (her daughter's at college) HOWEVER, I can't bring my cats. That is NOT an option. Wherever I go, my babies go. Just the thought of having to give up my precious kits makes me cry harder.

If I do move up there, absolutely come and visit!!!!

K9Karen,

I won't call my brother. I feel bad enough about everything without him making me feel even worse, and believe me he will.

Dorothy39
09-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Donna, I have a vacant guest room!!!! :rolleyes:

Keep me in your hip pocket!!!!!! I am a care giver!!!! We can eat Fried Green Tomatoes !!!!!! :D

ramanth
09-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Dorothy, I wish I could get Donna back to MI. ;) :D

Donna, I hope the Bill Wilson House situation works out in your favor.

Definitely hit those streets hard for a job and new place to live. 90 days is definitely better than a weeks notice. *HUGS* I have faith you'll find something.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-11-2006, 09:01 AM
If you fancy a trip to the UK, Brody is willing to share ;) She also says not to be too available next time your daughter demands something............

Pembroke_Corgi
09-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your situtation. I hope that everything works out in Vermont if you want it to. It's so beautiful up there.

JenBKR
09-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Oh Donna, it's one thing after another, isn't it? I hope that it works out with the Bill Wilson house, keep us updated, ok? Lots of prayers coming your way!

moosmom
09-12-2006, 01:41 AM
Thanks for all the generous offers, girls. The answer was no to the Wilson House. It seems that they have a regular crew that alternates. After all the times I volunteered for them you 'd think they'd help me out a little. Oh well. It's funny how you find out who your real friends are in times of crisis. So far my REAL friends are here on PT.

Dr. Goodnow told me to pack up the cats and come on over to Illinois. My room would have a fireplace and everything!!! Kym, TRUST ME, I AM thinking about it. Especially since you said there are jobs out there. It just kills me to be so far away from my kid, ya know???

So on to Plan B, whatever that is. I was on the phone most of the day yesterday with temp agencies. I explained the situation to them about my living arrangements and how I've got 90 days to find a job. I told them at this point, I need anything I can get even if I have to commute. Once I get a job WHEREVER, I'll be able to figure out the best place to live. They said that Hartford (45 minutes from where I am now) and the surrounding towns have better employment opps.

I'm not crying anymore, at least till the other shoe drops.

I'll keep ya all posted.

ramanth
09-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Donna, I'm sure your daughter would understand. Especially if she's not willing to take you AND the cats in, she can't expect you to live out on the streets. You have to go where you know you can get a job and have a roof over your head.

It's time to be selfish and think about what's best for you and your furkids. :)

Of course I'm not a mom, so I can't imagine how hard it is, but that's just how I feel. I mean no disrespect. *HUGS*

catlover4ever
09-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Donna, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Have you looked into coming up this way and going to work for Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods? They always have employment and they have really good benefits.
Mohegan Sun (http://www.mohegansun.com/employment/)

Foxwoods (http://www.foxwoods.com/Aboutus/Careers/DefaultPage.aspx)

What about the area hospitals like Yale???

Yale (http://www.ynhh.org/general/employ.html)

How about St. Raph's??
http://www.srhs.org/

How about Southern CT State University....you don't always have to take the state exams to get employment (I should know, I just interviewed with Three Rivers)
Southern (http://www.southernct.edu/employment/)

Just some thoughts on where to look. (((HUGS))) Your a very smart woman and something will come up for jobs so you can find a new place to live with all your babies.