PDA

View Full Version : Ally & Connor Update

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-09-2006, 01:02 PM
OPTION 1:

I have been in touch with some South Africans living in Lagos, and they are going to come back to me with info re Import requirements, vet care, availability of food, litter etc. So I haven't totally given up on taking them with me. (I am hoping that I can make a "cat run" on the balcony - with a cat-flap into the lounge - (the cat run would have to be below the height of the railings, so it won't be visible from outide - as we are not alowed to enclose the balcony). At least then I would have somewhere safe for them to get some fresh air, and to put their litter boxes.

OPTION 2:

I am looking at the cost of flights to the USA, and import regulations. IF I can get the money together to do this, would anyone on PT be able to assist me with finding a foster-home for them (or at a push re-homing, but I would prefer to foster).

OPTION 3:

Not even going to think about this one :(

Catty1
09-09-2006, 01:04 PM
I'll post this in Rescue for you too!

There are some options....prayers are yours!

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Julie, I'm glad that there are a few options for them. I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts that everything will work out.:)

Laura's Babies
09-09-2006, 04:12 PM
I would be glad to do ANYTHING I can to help you... Shucks!! If I didn't work like I do I would be happy to foster them but if you need anything, please don't heasitate to ask...

Could you make some sort of screen type deal to put out on that balcony so it wouldn't be seen... Tie it up there around the sides with some kind of cover? Nothing of a premanent nature made of chicken wire?

catmandu
09-09-2006, 06:35 PM
If theres anything that we can do at the Found Cat Hotel, please PM us.
I dont envy anyone who has to go to Nigeria.

rg_girlca
09-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that something can be done in order to avoid option 3.

Felicia's Mom
09-09-2006, 08:33 PM
You are in my prayers.

Sevaede
09-09-2006, 09:36 PM
I'd have to talk to my husband about it, but I'd more than willing to foster! In any case, PM me if you need anything (or just to chat, that's awesome too!). :D

kimlovescats
09-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I hope and pray that one of the first 2 options work out for you!

Hugs,
Kim

Barbara
09-10-2006, 05:09 AM
I think of you Julie,
I have been away quite a bit and had no idea you had to go to Nigeria.
All the best for you, your family AND the sweet kitties.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Julie, I'm SO sorry you're having to deal with all this. I would be more than happy to help financially, but unfortunately I can't help with the fostering part at all. I'm not on PT much these days, but please PM me (I get emails notifying me of PMs) or email me directly as to how I can help.

I will be hoping and praying that Option 3 never really becomes an option.

Cataholic
09-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I would be willing to help, financially.

I cannot bear the thought of option 3. :(

momcat
09-10-2006, 01:29 PM
There is some hope of a good solution to your situation!!! While it can't be much, I'm willing to help you with the financial part of this. The best possible outcome is for Ally and Connor to remain with you but don't underestimate PT determination. Anything we can do to eliminate option 3 completely will be done! Those kitties belong with you!

Corinna
09-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Well we helped Boomer get to the USA from Japan we can help you keep from option 3. Do you have a paypal we can send payments to so you can do option 1 or 2?