PDA

View Full Version : Hiking in the Alps

Bengalz
09-09-2006, 12:36 PM
While on vacation we did some hiking. These photos include a cave hike and an alpine hut hike in Styria. It was awesome and the views are unbelievable. Hut to hut hiking in the Alps is amazing - once you reach a summit there is usually a farmers hut with lodging and a restaurant to eat some good Austrian cuisine and enjoy some Schnapps or Gluwein -- very civilized :D

Enjoy!

CatLuvrs
09-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Those are some really awesome pictures! Looks like you had lots of fun!

Killearn Kitties
09-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Looks fantastic! Were you there on holiday this year?

Bengalz
09-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Looks fantastic! Were you there on holiday this year?

Yes! We have a lot of family in different parts of the country and visit a often as we can. It's always a pleasure to be there.

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos :)

Betty

Barbara
09-09-2006, 01:44 PM
My sister lives in Styria- I am sure you enjoyed your stay- with a little wine and cuisine :)

Bengalz
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
My sister lives in Styria- I am sure you enjoyed your stay- with a little wine and cuisine :)

OMG! Where in Stryia is your sister? When in Austria, we usually stay in Oberweg, a suburb of Judenburg. I just love it! My niece was in ski school at Murau for several years and so we are very familiar with that area. She will be attending college in Villach as of this year. There are so many places I could mention.

Oh what a small world we live in :D

cyber-sibes
09-09-2006, 05:03 PM
I love seeing photos of gorgeous places! I did get a bit dizzy just looking at that little cabin perched on the edge of the mountain, though (I don't like heights :o ) Glad you do, and took such lovely pictures to share!

Daisy and Delilah
09-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Unbelievable pictures!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Barbara
09-10-2006, 05:16 AM
OMG! Where in Stryia is your sister? When in Austria, we usually stay in Oberweg, a suburb of Judenburg. I just love it! My niece was in ski school at Murau for several years and so we are very familiar with that area. She will be attending college in Villach as of this year. There are so many places I could mention.

Oh what a small world we live in :D

My sister lives in Hartberg and my niece in Graz :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Amazing views!! OMG, that house on the rock is on a very unusual location!! I would NEVER dare to live there.... ; you are true hikers, that pic of you two standing on that rock is breathtaking!!

Pam
09-10-2006, 07:57 AM
I did get a bit dizzy just looking at that little cabin perched on the edge of the mountain, though (I don't like heights :o )

Yes I had the same reaction to that as well, although what a view to look out on every day! These pictures are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for posting. :)

Bengalz
09-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Amazing views!! OMG, that house on the rock is on a very unusual location!! I would NEVER dare to live there.... ; you are true hikers, that pic of you two standing on that rock is breathtaking!!

Thanks Lut! Living in BC hiking is a natural sport and we love it. It's good exercise and the fresh air is good for us. The two people standing on the rock are my husband Gunter and his sister Margit. I'm the dark haired little person posing in the cave shot ;)

So glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Betty