PDA

View Full Version : He Said Yessss!!!!

Reachoutrescue
09-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Well, I am not sure what made Dave, my fiance, decide on this but I am glad he did!

He came home late from doing work at my brother-in-law's house last night. Here is the conversation we had:

Me: "Hey."
Dave: "Are you still mad at me for being there so late?"
Me: "Um, yeah. I don't know why you had to be there til' midnight."
Dave: "How can I make it up to you?" (He is such a kiss up sometimes! :) )
Me: "I don't know...forget about it, it is fine."
Dave: "What if I let you keep Lucifer?"
Me: "Really? Yeah, that would make me feel better!"
Dave: "I'm thinkin' about it."
Me: "So, you know basically, I am taking that as you saying he is ours!"
Dave: "I figured you would....but let's just see how it goes with him and the other cats...and how he behaives."
Me: "Oh, he will fit right in....he will be a good boy."

Dave just kinda rolled his eyes at me! I got up went to Luce's cage and opened it. He must of know cuz' when Dave went to pet him, he put his paw out on Dave's chest....kinda like saying "Hey, thanks, new dad!".

I am so excited. I let him explore the rest of the house...usually he is just in our kennel room. He immediately bonded with Honey, our 8 month old Tortie Shell. Dave said he is solely my resposibility. I said...no problem.

I am so happy! He is such a good guy! I am lucky! :D

Isn't my new son adorable!!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/LITTLEREDLADY500/ANIMALS/RESCUE/Aug31_001.jpg

Catty1
09-09-2006, 01:00 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! He is TOTALLY adorable!

Has he bonded with the other cats yet?

I hope Dave smiled when Luce put a paw on him!

Congrats on your "new arrival"!

Welcome home, Luce!

Reachoutrescue
09-09-2006, 01:13 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! He is TOTALLY adorable!

Has he bonded with the other cats yet?

I hope Dave smiled when Luce put a paw on him!

Congrats on your "new arrival"!

Welcome home, Luce!
Lucifer has been here for a while. He is one of the Olney kits. He has bonded with my gal Honey. When he put his paw on Dave, he said..."Yeah, hi...oh, you are so soft". He is hooked!

kb2yjx
09-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Cats just know who they really have to work on to get that person to say it is OK for them to stay!!! That has happened so many times at our house, that is why we have 8 cats!!! Great news!!

Killearn Kitties
09-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Lucifer is gorgeous! What a lucky boy.

rg_girlca
09-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Well Tracy, you are just going to have to give that Dave of yours a big KISS for me and tell him, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!! :D

Welcome to PT Lucifer. Yes, he is so darn adorable. :)

jenluckenbach
09-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Wonderful choice! What a handsome guy.

moosmom
09-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Guys CAN be suck ups at times. This is one of those times. Dave, you are my hero!!! Not only for allowing Lucifer to stay, but also for your name (my Dad's name was Dave and I absolutely adored him!!)

Congratulations on your new addition!! He is gorgeous!!

doolittleky
09-09-2006, 03:08 PM
YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I am so excited you get to keep Lucifer! I think he is so adorable and he reminds me soo much of my CASPURR! Thanks so much Dave for being a great guy!
Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Congrats Tracy on your new addition!!!:D Welcome to PT Lucifer!!!:D He sure is adorable.:)

orangemm
09-09-2006, 03:19 PM
What a wonderful thing to happen! Dave, you are a HERO to us!!

And, Lucifer, you are the cutest guy!!! :D

Laura's Babies
09-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Are you sure you will be able to take care of him all by yourself? :eek: ... If you think you need help, some of us here at PT would be glad to set up a schedule to help you when it gets to be to big a burden on you! :rolleyes:

Kiss that wonderful hubby for me too.... Does he stay out late often? :D

CultureJunky
09-09-2006, 04:06 PM
He's gorgeous, you are so lucky to be able to keep him! Well done Dave for being such a top bloke, blokes can be good sometimes, but then again not better than cats!! hehehe (sorry Kevin if you're reading this!)

Reachoutrescue
09-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Thank you for the nice words everybody. Dave is a good guy...he is a sucker for a cute face and sad eyes....I mean from the cats!! I am so glad Luce is mine! Here are some pictues of him playing on my office chair. He loves that red blanket..my mom made me that. Dave said now my mom and I are going to have matching cats!! He is so silly, so is Lucifer. Take a look... :eek:

He was going crazy here when I went to pet him...he thought it was play time!!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/100_4295.jpg
He is chewing on a towl here! Such a silly kit!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/100_4304.jpg
This is a nice pic of Luce....he finally calmed down after about two hours of going bonkers and being a jumping bean all around the house!!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/100_4307.jpg

Reachoutrescue
09-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Are you sure you will be able to take care of him all by yourself? :eek: ... If you think you need help, some of us here at PT would be glad to set up a schedule to help you when it gets to be to big a burden on you! :rolleyes:

Kiss that wonderful hubby for me too.... Does he stay out late often? :D

I would glad to have y'all come here and help me with Luce and all the others!! I am holding you to that!! Dave is usually home by 7..but my family loves him to death and never lets him leave! He blushed when I told him of all the kisses he was getting from PT!!

doolittleky
09-09-2006, 04:16 PM
aww I am in love! Luce is soooo cute. Give him a big hug and kiss from me Melissa

Alasse
09-09-2006, 05:18 PM
So white and so gorgeous!

catmandu
09-09-2006, 06:20 PM
And we know taht you and Dave will never regret that decision, as Luce will repay you a Million Times for your adopting him.
He will add years of love and joy to your homes and hearts.