PDA

View Full Version : How's Peanut?

K & L
09-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Has anyone heard how Peanut's doing? I haven't been on much this week and want to make sure I haven't missed anything. I haven't seen Debbie post for sometime now. :confused:

RedHedd
09-09-2006, 11:34 AM
I've been wondering the same thing - Peanut, how are you, little lady?

slick
09-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Debbie left a message on my home answering maching the other day about something else but she didn't mention Peanut. She sounded good so I'm hoping that it's a sign that The Peanutter is doing well. :)

catmandu
09-09-2006, 06:55 PM
We are praying for Little Peanut as well, and hope she is well.

momcat
09-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Hmm, there has been no word about Peanut for a while now. Hope all is well with her.....

rg_girlca
09-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Peanut??? C.J??? Debbie???? Heeeellllooooo anyone of you out there???

Please report in ASAP if you can.

Thank you.

Slick, thanks for letting us know that you have heard from Debbie and that she sounds okay. :)

Cinder & Smoke
09-09-2006, 08:36 PM
If memory serves me (and it doesn't serve so well these days) ...

Miz Debbie was getting to be a Short-Timer at work - her replacement
was getting used to her duties and Deb was about ready to say "See y'all!"

They were also getting ready to move OUT of the apartment and set sail in
the Rollin Howze with the FurKids - headed West.

Could Be that they're all "mobile" and temporarily out of touch ... http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

Here's Hoping Everyone is Well and Happie ...

Please check in when you can, Deb!

{{{Hugs}}} from all of us.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks everybody, and thanks Corinna for the PM alerting me to this thread.

We're not quite gone yet....but soon...real soon. I've been taking days off work to make sure Miss Replacement can handle things on her own. I've gotten quite a few phone calls, but I think she's finally getting the hang of things....I hope. ;)

So, you're thinking I've been taking days off so I should have plenty of time for PT, right? WRONG!!!! I barely have time to sit down and think these days! I'm trying to get all of our remaining stuff packed in the motorhome...in some sort of organized fashion. So far things are going well, but I still have all our computer stuff to fit in....and I have NO idea where I'm going to put it all! Closets are full, cupboards are full, the basement is full, the back of the Jeep is full (yes, I traded the Tracker in on a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee....so we'd have more room to pack stuff in!). I've been selling what little furniture we have left and making arrangements to donate those items that aren't selling.

Oops, forgot the reason for this thread was to find out how Peanut's doing. :o She's doing fantastic! She is her old self, active, always hungry, putting CJ in his place, playing with her catnip micies, snuggling with her daddy, etc. I think I've taken new pictures lately....but can't remember for sure. :rolleyes: I'll try to get them off the camera if I did indeed take some, if not I will make a point of taking some. Oh, and she officially turned 18 now that it's September.

CJ is such a good boy and is such a pleasure to have around. He's such a little goofball boy and is always making me smile. :D

Here's a brief schedule of our plans for the next month or so:
Sept. 14 - my official last day of work
Sept. 15 - leave for vacation in Urbanna, VA
Sept. 24 - arrive back home from vacation
Week of Sept 25 - Terry will be taking all his work files down to the main office, which will free up desks and shelves which I will try to sell.
First week of October - final load to parents' house in Wisconsin, final cleaning of apartment, final loading of motorhome
Second week of October - hit the road - next stop, Tucson, AZ!

I will probably make one final appointment for Peanut and CJ at the vet. I want to know the status of Peanut's tumor. No special reason for taking CJ in other than to make sure he's good and healthy before we all hit the road.

Oh, and I donated some stuff to a no-kill shelter. Talked for awhile and told them our plans. They said it would be great if I could write up little Peanut and CJ travel stories for their newsletter. I think I might just do that. :)

Thanks again for asking. I'm really hoping things will calm down soon. I can't hope that they'll get back to normal because there will be no normal for quite awhile yet, but if I'm retiring.....I should have more free time.....right? ;)

CatLuvrs
09-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Glad peanut is doing good! Are you moving to AZ? Sorry I think I missed that

Corinna
09-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Hope you get a chance in your new traveling life to visit Montana. We would love to meet the faboulas Miss Peanut and her compaion CJ. You and Terry too of course :D Hope you enjoy your new life style.

Bengalz
09-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Debbie,

Thanks for putting all these minds at ease despite your busy schedule :) It's good to hear that Peanut is doing well - she is so dear to everyone at PT and a wonderful little lady. Knowing that she is happy and having fun brings big smiles to my face :D

Peanut has always brought me such pleasant memories of our Maine Coon Roxy who was a petite little princess with a mind of her own - (also a daddy's girl :) Seeing pictures of Peanut makes my heart smile.

Although hectic, your lifestyle change sounds totally exciting and I envy you and Terry for being able to do what you want to do with your time. I hope my sweetie and I are fortunate enough to someday do the same (I'm picturing an motorhome on a beach in Mexico with lots of chilled wine and a margarita machine - if you get my drift :D ). Actually we would love to follow the Formula One circuit for a year - what an excursion that would be!!

Sending you and Terry and your precious furbabies lots of hugs and the best of wishes - smell all the roses and enjoy those sunsets :)

Take care and check in when you can - we will be waiting for lots of detail on your adventures.

Betty

Laura's Babies
09-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Glad to hear our little princess Peanut is doing alright. If ya'll come thru Louisiana, let me know (hope I will be off when/if you do)....

jazzcat
09-10-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm so glad Peanut is doing well. I miss seeing her and CJ and your posts!

Wow, what a schedule! So it looks like you guys won't be taking a relaxing breath until Nov. Busy, busy, busy!

I love the idea of the story for the newsletter. You should do it and share it with us too! ;)

Good to hear from you.

catmandu
09-10-2006, 12:52 PM
We are hoping that your move gooes well, and that you Cracker Jack and Peanut have fun on the open road.
We are looking forwrad to seeing stories and photos of your road trip.
I think you will have Two Tubby Angels riding shotgun on your journey.
They are the best of Angel Friends.

momcat
09-10-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Peanut is back to being her sweet, adorable little self and pray her good health continues. Also happy to know that Cracker Jack is also doing well in spite of Peanut's laying down the law. Wow, you sure have some exciting times and adventures to look forward to. Have a great trip and be safe. Please post in as you can, we'd love to know how things are going. Scrithchies and tummy rubs to Peanut and CJ and the very best wishes to you and Terry :) :) :) :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Debbie, I'm so glad that Peanut is doing so well and C.J. too.:) It sounds like you have a hectic schedule but then you'll have some time to relax. If you ever make it to Northern,CA please look me up.:)

catlover4ever
09-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Debbie, So glad to hear Miss Peanut is goind well. Our old timers sure do know how to live life to the fullest. Give Peanut a kiss from me and please don't forget Abner's cousin CJ as well.

I too must have missed the post...are you moving to AZ? If so good luck with the move. Also you know if that traveling home of yours is EVER in CT our welcome mat is always out for you and the gang.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2006, 08:44 PM
For those who missed the story, here's the link to the story. So what have I been so busy doing? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=106501)

Plans have changed a bit since then as you can see by the dates. I have to admit....I'm ready. Let's get the show on the road already!

Thanks again for all the good wishes and thoughts. This is going to be a major life change for us - the first time in 25 years that I will be financially dependent on a man again :eek: - so keep the good thoughts coming! :D

I promise I will look up as many PTers as physically possible while we travel the country. If I don't get to you sooner, I'll get to you later. ;) :D

Vermontcat
09-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm glad to hear that Peanut is well and that you have just been too busy to post.
I agree with Catlover4ever, you really need to travel up to the northeast sometime soon.
Give Peanut some kisses and CJ some scritchies from me. :)

Killearn Kitties
09-11-2006, 04:02 AM
That is so good that Peanut is feeling so well! What an amazing girl she is.

I think it's a brilliant idea to write travel stories for us, ehm, I mean for the shelter. :D Good luck with that.

orangemm
09-11-2006, 04:23 AM
Wow, what a wonderful adventure to look forward to! Everytime I see a motorhome I think of you and the kits and imagine Jeff and me doing the same thing with our boys (they'd probably LOVE it).

I would have such a sense of FREEDOM from everything if I lived like that!

Kisses and scritches to those intrepid travelers, CJ and Peanut!

Glad everyone is well!! :)

K & L
09-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Glad to hear all is well and looking forward to your move to AZ! If you can't make it our way, we'll be sure to make it yours! Keep us updated when you arrive.

ramanth
09-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Happy to hear Peanut is feeling better! Such a busy time for you. I wish you guys luck with the transition!