PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I think I found my puppy!

binka_nugget
09-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Well.. future puppy anyways!

I was devestated when I found out Visa only had one pup, but tried to think of it positively and realized I could now get the Malinois puppy I've always wanted. I've always been so attracted to their intensity and desire to work.

I still need to send in my deposit, but it looks like I'll be getting a pup from Berendhaus (http://berendhauskennel.com) in Ontario. They're expecting a litter sometime January, so I'll be getting my pup around March. I really like this kennel because their focus is working Malinois, which is great because I want my next pup to do it all.. obedience, agility, flyball, rallyo, herding, maybe even schutzhund and tracking. But unlike a lot of working Malinois, their dogs are stable, and tend to be easier to handle, yet still have the high-drive I'm looking for. They said that their dogs aren't normally shown, but have been evaluated from judges from time to time and do fairly well.. so hopefully my girl will be shown too! :D

Here's the dam (Malinhurst Kelly)
http://oh-my-dog.ca/images/Kelly.jpg

I don't have a pic of the sire, but here's the sire's littermate (Anoek Ashjolee SchH II and Malinhurst Blitz Igor Kora SchH III)
http://oh-my-dog.ca/images/Malinhurst%20Blitz%20%20Anoek%20Ashjolee.jpg

I'm so darn excited! I just had to share!

gemini9961
09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Congrats Ashley :) I have been a fan of the Malinois for a few years, although I think they would be a little much for me to handle. Can't wait to hear more updates. Sorry about not getting one from Visa.

Husky15
09-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Congratulations! The Malinois is a very cute breed!

lute
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
CONGRATS!!! that's really exciting! i love how many PTers are doing sports with their dogs! :D

chocolatepuppy
09-08-2006, 06:06 PM
That's great Ashley! A new puppy to look forward to. :D I felt so bad for you when Visa only had one pup.

Danegirl2208
09-08-2006, 06:24 PM
oh, how exciting Ashley! Congrats!! :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-08-2006, 07:08 PM
That's great, Ashley! I too, felt awful for you when Visa only ended up having Solo. You must be so excited :)

Sevaede
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Congrats, Ashley! :D

I guess where one door closes a window opens? I am not sure how that phrase goes.

I heart the Belgian varieties, they're all so gorgeous. :D

Edit: How do you feel about their giant schnauzers? My grandfathers family had schnauzers and they were fabulous babies. :) I've been reading up on them and that's one of the ones I was looking at for the future. :)

wolfsoul
09-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Yay, congrats! :D I hope the puppies will be show quality, I'd have so much fun in the ring with you.

binka_nugget
09-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys :D I still don't know the exact price of the pup. She worded it weird so the deposit (50% of the puppy's price) is $750, or the total price is $750. I really hope it's the latter but I think that's just wishful thinking. :P This is gonna be one expensive pup! :eek:

Edit: How do you feel about their giant schnauzers? My grandfathers family had schnauzers and they were fabulous babies. :) I've been reading up on them and that's one of the ones I was looking at for the future. :)
I don't know anything about schnauzers but I get a good vibe from these people. They seem very dedicated to preserving their beloved breeds and using them to their highest potential. I ran across so many "breeders" that looked like reputable breeders based on the info on their sites, but when it came to answering my questions, it was quite obvious they were in it for the money. It's such a shame that there are so many people posing as good breeders.

jesse_3
09-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh I am so happy for you! Malinois are gorgeous dogs! I don't know anuything about them, other than what I just read though! I will be praying that you get your puppy! (along with tons of pics for us PT'ers!!!;))

K9karen
09-08-2006, 11:56 PM
I love Malinois
After Cody passed, I did a survey on the internet, answered questions etc, and the "perfect" dog for me was a Malinois! I was so surprised, since I had only seen them at dog shows. Anyway, the neatest thing, one specific Malinois I met only understood French! My girlfriend happens to know French and the dog obeyed her commands. But luckily, it (I forgot the sex) knew universal hugs and kisses! I really admire you..you know your stuff! :)

binka_nugget
09-09-2006, 01:13 PM
I really admire you..you know your stuff! :)
Aw.. thanks! :)

I just got an email back from the breeder. Pups are indeed $750, not the $1500 I thought. I was willing to pay $1500 for a good pup but.. WOOHOOOO! She will be sold on a non-breeding agreement which will be lifted once she earns a working and/or conformation title. There's so much room for improvement in Belgians.. she'll probably be bred (under the guidance of Marla and Jordan of course :p) if she's exactly what a Malinois should be.

So excited! The deposit will be sent within the next couple weeks. I'll be second on the list for a female. :D

zoomer
09-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Congrats! The parents are gorgeous.