PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU think he's handsome?

Samantha Puppy
09-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Aidan got his glasses earlier this week. I know I'm biased, but I think he has to be about the cutest baby to ever wear them. All the women in the shop were going nuts over him. But Aidan isn't so sure. He thinks he looks geeky. Help me prove him wrong!

And now, without further ado...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jlpatters/Picture015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jlpatters/Picture017.jpg

Reachoutrescue
09-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Your son is just so cute! Those glasses make him all the more cuter! Please tell him I said so.

My Peanuts
09-08-2006, 01:49 PM
OMG Jaime! He is adorable! He looks very very cute with his new glasses. What a handsome little man. :D

BitsyNaceyDog
09-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh Aidan, you look so cute.

Maresche
09-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Those glasses are very stylish Aidan. That frame is very hip right now and you look quite handsome.

kuhio98
09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Aidan ~ You are adorable! Oh yeah, and girls do make passes at boys who wear glasses. :D

Jamie ~ What is the prognosis for his eyes? I remember that at first, the doctors had doubts about how much he would be able to see. He seems to see pretty well. So far, so good.

ramanth
09-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I wish my glasses were that stylish when I was a kid. I had coke bottle bottoms! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Aiden, you may think you're a geek, but geeks rule! :D

Samantha Puppy
09-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Pretty much, just what you said. So far, so good. His sight is limited but it's still decent. He can track things without a problem, makes eye contact, reaches for objects in front of him and transfers them from hand-to-hand.

The glasses only have a prescription lense in the left eye. Once he gets used to having the glasses on his face, we'll start patching his right eye when he wears the glasses to try and strengthen his left eye. (He is favoring his right eye and therefore, the left one is getting weaker.) If that works, we'll do surgery to align the left eye. It'll still be small and look "odd" at first but hopefully strengthening it and aligning it will give him a good shot at have decent sight. Our goal is to get it to the minimum needed to drive, if not better.

catnapper
09-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Definately handsome! And incredibly cute too! What a dangerous combination - handsome AND cute! :D

jackie
09-08-2006, 02:21 PM
He is too beautiful to be handsome! Give him a few more years for that. :p

P.S. You need to add a cuteness warning before flashing pictures like that!

My Peanuts
09-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Pretty much, just what you said. So far, so good. His sight is limited but it's still decent. He can track things without a problem, makes eye contact, reaches for objects in front of him and transfers them from hand-to-hand.

The glasses only have a prescription lense in the left eye. Once he gets used to having the glasses on his face, we'll start patching his right eye when he wears the glasses to try and strengthen his left eye. (He is favoring his right eye and therefore, the left one is getting weaker.) If that works, we'll do surgery to align the left eye. It'll still be small and look "odd" at first but hopefully strengthening it and aligning it will give him a good shot at have decent sight. Our goal is to get it to the minimum needed to drive, if not better.

Sounds pretty good to me. If the eyesight gets better then, when he's older, IF he's self conscious of the way it looks he can wear a colored contact lens. I bet you'd hardly be able to notice anything. Just an idea.

Again, he looks so adorable in those glasses.

My Peanuts
09-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Aiden, you may think you're a geek, but geeks rule! :D

I love nerds! My bf loves when I wear my I love Nerds t-shirt :p ;)

Daisy and Delilah
09-08-2006, 02:41 PM
OMG!!! He's absolutely the most handsome little man ever!! And I thought he looked great before? The glasses make him look even cuter :)

Husky_mom
09-08-2006, 02:45 PM
so the question here is "DO I THINK AIDAN IS HANDSOME??" :confused:

NOOOOO!!!!

I KNOW SO!!!!!!! :D

hes so cute, no wonder every one went nuts with him

Jessika
09-08-2006, 03:07 PM
I didn't know they made glasses for babies THAT little! I knew they had them for toddlers but babies?? How does he keep them on?? Hehe!! He's A-FREAKIN-DORABLE! :D

Uabassoon
09-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Awww he's adorable! Those are also the cutest baby frames I've ever seen, usually they look kind of funny but those frames are amazing!

lizbud
09-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Aiden looks very handsome and smart. :) Does he try to take them off?
My daughter had a condition as a child called amblyopia & had to wear a
patch too. It worked great. Is this what Aiden's eye condition is ?

sirrahbed
09-08-2006, 06:17 PM
SOOOO handsome!! I really think those frames look great on him. Too cute! :)

Danegirl2208
09-08-2006, 06:20 PM
OMG! How absolutly ADORABlE! He is very handsome!

Laura's Babies
09-08-2006, 06:38 PM
He is so cute in those glasses!!!

They didn't have all that for the lazy eyes when Eddie was a baby and he is now blind in that eye fron lack of use I but it has not effected his life at all. Eddies eye looks normal, it just don't have any vision in it. NOBODY even suspects either.

Karen
09-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey, baby! Of course I think he's handsome! :) Still love that spiky hair, and you tell him that there are worse things to be in this world than geeks - just ask Bill Gates! :)

Cataholic
09-08-2006, 08:27 PM
He is still WAY secure in position on the cuteness meter. :D

cyber-sibes
09-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, I must say, Aiden, that not only are you cute as can be, but your glasses make you look VERY VERY smart, too!

prechrswife
09-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Too cute--love the glasses! :cool:

shais_mom
09-08-2006, 11:44 PM
I always think glasses on little ones are cute so yes he's adorable! :)

caseysmom
09-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Swoooons....what a hunk.

K9karen
09-09-2006, 12:46 AM
Aidan is as adorable as ever! How do eye doctors test a child so young? I wore glasses for vision and a lazy eye since I was 2. I can't recall how my mom said they tested me. No surgery, just excercises, but if I'm staring or over tired, I can still feel my eye wander.
I'm sure Aidan will be in competent, excellent hands. They can do so much more remarkable optical surgeries these days. He's getting so so big!!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-09-2006, 12:57 AM
AWW he looks adorable! I can't believe how quickly they grow!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-09-2006, 04:47 AM
WHAT A HUNK !!!!

He is so adorable!!!

Samantha Puppy
09-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Aiden looks very handsome and smart. :) Does he try to take them off?
My daughter had a condition as a child called amblyopia & had to wear a
patch too. It worked great. Is this what Aiden's eye condition is ?No, Aidan's main visual issue is called coloboma. He's missing a portion of his retina in both eyes. In addition to that, his left eye is microphthalmiac (that means it's smaller than a "normal" eye). We aren't sure of the extent of his vision right now and won't be until he can tell us what he can and can't see, but we do know that he has better vision out of his right eye and favors it - which is why his left eye has started turning in. With the glasses, we're trying to help him realize he's got TWO eyes he can use and therefore, saving his sight in that eye.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments! :)