PDA

View Full Version : Meet the new rescue!

lute
09-08-2006, 10:33 AM
I have a new rescue comming from TN soon. Her name is Patches. Her story is pretty sad. Patches was seen running in the middle of nowhere by a farmer. he had been watching her for he said 3 weeks. he finally got tired of her and was going to shoot her. his wife called animal control instead. it took animal control 2 more weeks to catch her. durring that 2 weeks animal control was chasing her she ran 7 miles to an airport. all the loud noises scared her and they finally caught her. Patches was on death row, but no one cared. Judy, my dog show mentor, was at animal control to pull a male sibe. fortinaly he was adopted before she got to the shelter. when she was leaving she noticed Patches. grabbed her up and took her home. Patches is TERRIFIED of people. She wants nothing to do with them. Judy was going to work with Patches on comming out of her shell, but just doesn't have the time. with 20+ other sibes and a full time job she's too busy.

I went to a dog show in Lexington,KY last weekend. Judy was there. i asked her how Patches was doing. she said "oh, we're having her PTS soon. we just don't have time and she's gonna go crazy. there's no way i'll take her back to the shelter. no one will adopt a dog that freaky." i called my dad and made doubly sure it was ok if Patches stayed with us until she was more open to people and could be adopted out. of course he agreed. Judy will be bringing Patches up to IN in the next couple of weeks. i added some pics of Patches. She is a BEAUTIFUL piebald woolie Siberian Husky with ice blue eyes.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/rescues/Patches.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/rescues/Patches_1-1.jpg

Pawsitive Thinking
09-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Well done you and Dad! and thank you

Husky15
09-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Wow. That's great that you will be bringing Patches home. She needs a nice home that will treat her right and have time to work on her. I'm sure you'll be able to help her come out of her shell. As soon as I saw her I thought, 'Siberian Husky mix,' - especially in the one where she is sitting down. She is just adorable. Good luck. :)

Queen of Poop
09-08-2006, 11:03 AM
She's beautiful. Hopefully she will respond well to all the love and attention I'm sure she will soon be getting.

Husky_mom
09-08-2006, 11:05 AM
WOW just WOW........Iīm in love.........shes so cute..........hoping to see many many pics of her...........if I didnīt had a full house (now that i kept new baby) I would ask for transportation to my place :D.........

k9krazee
09-08-2006, 12:29 PM
She's gorgeous!!

elizabethann
09-08-2006, 12:50 PM
OMG. Patches is sooooooooo beautiful.

Lori Jordan
09-08-2006, 01:18 PM
What a Beauty!!

Reachoutrescue
09-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh, Lex, I know you will give this pup what she needs to love people again. If anybody can make a pup happy, I know you can!! Good luck with Patches...maybe you should give her a new name for her new start at life! Please keep us posted. I bet you will fall in love with her....you know what that means....? ;)

cyber-sibes
09-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Patches is a beautiful sibe. I truly hope things work out well for her at your house. Even though she has some issues, love works wonders!

buttercup132
09-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Wow!

I cant belive people can just throw these animals away.
She is gorgeouse!!!

lute
09-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Oh, Lex, I know you will give this pup what she needs to love people again. If anybody can make a pup happy, I know you can!! Good luck with Patches...maybe you should give her a new name for her new start at life! Please keep us posted. I bet you will fall in love with her....you know what that means....? ;)

Thanks Tracy! i don't think we'll be keeping Patches, but ya never know. i really do hope i can help her learn that humans aren't bad and shouldn't be feared. with lots of cookies and bribery i got Patches in my lap once a few months back.

Reachoutrescue
09-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks Tracy! i don't think we'll be keeping Patches, but ya never know. i really do hope i can help her learn that humans aren't bad and shouldn't be feared. with lots of cookies and bribery i got Patches in my lap once a few months back.

I told you, you are the best one to take this job! Good luck with that pup...she needs lots of love and patience. I know you can offer that to her. :)

My Peanuts
09-08-2006, 02:49 PM
How wonderful of you and your dad to save her! Thank you so much for giving this beautiful girl a chance. :)

Suki Wingy
09-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Oh, she's GORGEOUS! What a lucky pup to get out of death 3 times! Maybe she was meant to be with you. :)

petslover
09-08-2006, 05:58 PM
shes so pretty.. what a lucky girl.

zoey
09-08-2006, 07:39 PM
The beauty of this dog takes my breath away!
Such a brave dog deserves a good home with a lot of attention and love. I wish I could take her.

cyber-sibes
09-08-2006, 07:44 PM
lute, when do you expect to get her?

lute
09-08-2006, 07:48 PM
lute, when do you expect to get her?
well, Judy is comming up here to get a new belgain sheepdog pup to show in the next couple of weeks. so whenever she comes up here to get him she'll bring her to me. the sooner the better so i can get started on her.

K9karen
09-09-2006, 12:06 AM
*CLAPS* You are awesome and your dad ain't bad either,

Sevaede
09-09-2006, 02:27 AM
Thank you so much for doing this, lute! :D

She is so pretty! I have never seen a husky with her colouration before! :D

pitc9
09-09-2006, 07:41 AM
How sad.... poor thing.
Good Luck with her!

Corinna
09-09-2006, 11:40 AM
what a cutie too bad some other pter can't get her .You have such good rescues Tyson is a great example. Come on guys some one has to want her.

lute
09-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Patches will be here on October 7th. Judy just e-mailed me and informed me that she tried Patches in a crate to take her to the vet the other day. said she was very well behaved. a few weeks of trips to meet people at the park, sitting in front of the shop meeting people, and going through drive throughs(always breaks the shy ones with smells of food!) she'll be ready for a forever home! i agree with Corinna! another PT adoption would be great! :)

P.S. Tracy from Reach Out Rescue in IL has lots of kittens and wonderful dogs available. she needs to get them adopted soon so if you could help her out a link to her site is in my siggy. she's a PT member too.

Corinna
09-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Just a little note I found something Tyson doesn't like My moms Doxie. Of course the little rut(moms mutt) acts like every where he goes is his ,and he started it by growling. First time I ever saw Ty raise the hair on his back. so poor ty had to be kenneled for the time T-bone was here. First time he has ever not wanted to be freindly, he thinks every thing is his toy.
I do hopeyou can get Patches peopleized and a Pet talker can get her. Just out of curiousity how is the Tyson replacement Pom doing? I might have a home for it later this spring but not now.

lute
09-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Corinna, sorry Tyson was being difficult. the little doxie probably tried to challenge him. little dogs are so funny when it comes to that. :rolleyes:

the little pom is gone. not sure what happend to her. i tried so many times to get her away from the spot she was living but there was never an opening for me to. i had to wait months for an opening to get Tyson away from them. where evere she's at i hope she's safe and in a house where she belongs. Tracy, that has the rescue in IL has a small chihuahua mix available if you know someone wanting a small dog. i was just looking at him today. he's a real cutie.

cyber-sibes
09-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Good, we'll look forward to pics of Patches when yo get her. That's the same day as that we'll be at the Husky Hike, raising money for homeless huskies! Gosh, she sure is pretty. If I could, I'd adopt her in a heartbeat, but Star is not very tolerant of too many other dogs. She adores Sherman, but adding another would get her all bent out of shape. I really hope Patches gets a good husky-friendly furever home.