PDA

View Full Version : new camera, finally!

finn's mom
09-07-2006, 08:08 AM
I finally have a brand new camera, that's all mine! I'm not borrowing anyone's, it's been years since I could say that. :) I just got it last night, so, I haven't had a chance to even look at it, really. The one thing that will take some getting use to is that the monitor (where I'm used to be able to see what I'm photographing instead of looking through a viewfinder) doesn't turn on while shooting! I used to only shoot film, so, I know I can get used to using a viewfinder again, but, wow, that will be strange! The camera I got is a Nikon D80, I know nothing about it, yet, David surprised me with it. I'm taking a photography course and needed a better camera, so, he helped me out by getting me a great one. I'm excited! Anyone who's ever used one (or maybe he said they're really new, I don't remember now!), let me know your experience with it! I'll be sure to post photos once I start learning how to improve them! :)

Hope everyone's having a great week, it's almost the weekend! :)

Laura's Babies
09-07-2006, 08:26 AM
I will be waiting!

Russian Blue
09-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh, you are going to have so much fun! Congrats! :D

Yes, I have known many people who have purchased the D50 and D70 in the past. I'm assuming the D80 is the new model for this year. I also know someone who has upgraded to the D200 all with fantastic results. When you are looking at the SLR range of cameras, Canon and Nikon are almost equal. Usually it's just the photographer's preference which makes them choose one over the other.

It's great you are also taking a photography course. The course will provide more indepth information on your camera and will allow you to practice with all those extra features. Enjoy! I'm looking forward to seeing future photos. ;)

cloverfdx
09-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Ohhhh Kari i am so jealous, what an awesome camera :D. Have a blast getting to know how to drive it ;). And i am definitely looking forward to photos when you have time.

*Cannot wait to get my D50*

*Cough* Go Nikon *Cough* hehe