PDA

View Full Version : Boys = NO. >=(

Sevaede
09-06-2006, 11:25 PM
I have one sister. Her name is Alexandria.

This past June, she turned 13 years old. All of a sudden, she's developed and AWARE of boys. >=( A boy has a crush on her and she has a crush on a boy! She even wrote a poem for him and talks about him all the time. WHY?!!?! This has been going through my head ever since I found out. It's like, she's completely different. She used to like playing pranks and helping animals in need, with me, and now she likes BOYS. YARRRRGH! No. boys. ever.

I don't know. I am probably overreacting. If it was up to me, I'd have her sent to the top of a mountain on a very small island. >=( I have mixed emotions, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

flamepony12
09-06-2006, 11:34 PM
It's just natural. :) 13 is the typical age. Let her go through the phase, it'll pass within a few years. I'm sure she still cares about animals, but now a whole new world is opening up to her now that she's in middle school. Just give her a little time, I'm sure you remember when you first started noticing boys too!

mruffruff
09-07-2006, 07:16 AM
My granddaughter just turned eleven (!) and I'm ready to send her to that same mountain.

It happens----even when we older folks don't want it to :D

JenBKR
09-07-2006, 08:01 AM
I remember when I 'discovered' boys - I was about that same age. It eventually passed, but for a while it was all I could think about. The mountain idea is a good one! :D

Laura's Babies
09-07-2006, 08:42 AM
NOW, the fun begins.. She will suddenly become smarter than any adult on earth too. My sister in law teaches at a Jr. High and she LOVES how their hormones bounce all over the place and how they act. :rolleyes:

Pembroke_Corgi
09-07-2006, 09:16 AM
NOW, the fun begins.. She will suddenly become smarter than any adult on earth too.
Hahaha, how true! I work with teenaged girls who are in a treatment center, and every single one of them knows more than me! :D ;) It's really a wonder I was hired there at all.

I'm sure your sister will pass through that phase. Maybe you could try talking to her about it. Since you're her older sister she might listen and it might make her feel better to know that other people have gone through the same thing.

ramanth
09-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Didn't you marry at a young age? I understand you are being a protective older sister, but what's wrong with her liking boys? I was that age when I started to develop crushes.

As long as she is smart about it, I don't think there is anything wrong. :)

CathyBogart
09-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Uuuh, at 13 that seems totally normal....

Sevaede
09-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Heh, thanks for the replies everyone.

I am just joking. :D

I am sad because that means she is getting older and probably won't want to be as open or talk with her sister as much. :( Alex and I and one of our brothers (the second Nicholas) have always been super close. So, it's just a super protective thing going on as she is super sensitive but she doesn't really show it. I just don't want her to get hurt. The more and more I think about it, though, I realize that crushes and their ends are a part of life.

I will have a talk with her and just let her know what's up, to be careful, etc. :)

CathyBogart
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Aah, I understand. I feel the same way about my sister, who turns the dreaded 18 in a few months. :(

beeniesmom
09-08-2006, 06:57 AM
My mother in law says that kids should be buried when they are 12 and dug up again when they turn 20.

Sevaede
09-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Cathy, 18 is not the favourite milestone for the older siblings and parents of folks, I have learned. Heh. I am dreading five years from now. x_x

Beeniesmom, I think that is a good idea! :D

CathyBogart
09-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Heh, yeah, once she turns 18 she wants to move to Kansas to be with her BF.... -_-

Sevaede
09-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Wow! :eek: How about just locking her in her bedroom and putting bars on the windows? :D (something that Troy could tell ya a lot about!)