PDA

View Full Version : Livvy's new admirers

AmberLee
05-29-2002, 06:33 PM
The condo association here has hired a team to clean/spackle/paint the outside of our buildings. I was rather concerned that the cats would be disturbed by the workers being at such close quarters... Yesterday was the first day working on our building and so far so good. Livvy paced them from window to window 'supervising' up a storm. I occasionally overheard comments like "Gatto Linda" (sorry, I don't spell well in English and may have mangled this Spanish phrase...) and "pretty kitty, pretty kitty" a LOT. [What a marvelous crew they hired! Not that I'm easily influenced, mind you! :rolleyes: ;) :D ]

Livvy was very brave and only had problems when the 'water cannon' hit the window adjacent to her or the air conditioner near her. did make a weird noise, I don't blame her for being startled.] I thought both cats were very brave. Livvy was so tired last night she slept with her head hanging off the top of the cat tree and snored(!). It sounded so cute but looked so very uncomfortable. I woke her and scooted her to a more protected spot.

My bigger problem is that I had to pull all my outdoor plants inside while they work. [They started yesterday and will probably be working on our building for at least two more weeks. Sheesh!] Cassy has already had an 'accident' [uh, an on purpose?] in one of the planters. :o :( :mad: I'm not sure the plants (or my nerves) will survive for two more weeks indoors...

At any rate, although Livvy has three new human admirers, her heart remains true to her knight in furry armor and she asked me to send him ear nibblies when I posted this. (Would he settle for a fondle or a scritchie? Somehow an ear nibblie is beyond me at the moment.)

Love to the Cape Cod heart-throb.

Edwina's Secretary
05-30-2002, 08:51 AM
We have had all kinds of building trades people in our "fixer upper" over the last few years. When deciding on who to hire Edwina has had a majority vote. If they scratch/pat her head and coo "pretty kitty" at her in English/Spanish/German/Polish/Korean that is points in their favor!

But then who wouldn't think Livvy is a gato linda!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Gosh, Livvy will have lots of entertainment for a while. I'm glad her head hasn't been turned and she's still head over tail about her Oliver!!! I think he's more her type anyway.;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-30-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Livvy was so tired last night she slept with her head hanging off the top of the cat tree and snored(!).

Oooh, such excitement for the kitties! I know Tubby and Peanut always have entertainment when the crew comes to do the lawn every week. Tubby is more curious and will follow them from window to window too. Peanut, being more shy, will only look out when they don't have the leaf blower going, but she still has to see what's going on. Sometimes when Tubby first sees somebody outside he will growl (so cute, my little watch cat), but then when he realizes it's the lawn people (or whoever) he just sits and watches.

If Livvy was so tired that she was snoring, I bet she slept most of the night through, so maybe this is how we can keep our kitties off the computers at night. So, lets all have some work done at our house and keep our kitties entertained! :) :D (and you're all saying, yeah, right, like I'm going to have work done on the house just to keep the cat(s) entertained. :rolleyes: Debbie's really losing it now.) :D