PDA

View Full Version : My Kidney Patient - Cosmo

elizabethann
09-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Cosmo was diagnosed with kidney disease about 3 weeks ago. I was afraid he was going to die. But he is doing so much better. He's lost allot of weight and he has aged some. But I think he looks pretty good for a cat with kidney disease. I love him very much.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/CosmoMaxie/CosmoandPetTalk.jpg

catmandu
09-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Cosmo is one Big Handsome Cat, and he has been added to the Cats for whom we are saying prayers.
We are praying for Cosmo that he will be well, and continue to be your Cat Companion.

Laura's Babies
09-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Good Grief! :eek: He is SOOOOOOO HANDSOME! ***KISSIE****KISSIE****KISSIE!!!*****KISSIE!*****

jazzcat
09-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi handsome Cosmo, I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Here is a picture of my kidney patient. He's been doing well until this past week. I believe I will be taking him in for more sub-q fluids within the week.

I think Ripley and Cosmo could be at least cousins if not brothers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/cat1.jpg

RedHedd
09-06-2006, 09:59 PM
And here's another kidney kat - my Mishi. Don't give up! He's not going to die tomorrow. Mishi was diagnosed with kidney disease about three years ago. With the right diet, TLC (sub-Q fluids are sometimes necessary) Cosmo can live for a very long time. They're just extra special cats and a bit more expensive to keep.

(too lazy to upload to Imagestation - here's a pic of my big boy with headlights on :) )

CultureJunky
09-07-2006, 04:59 AM
Wow, what a hunk Cosmo is, I bet he has all the ladies at the vets swooning and fainting!
I hope you get better soon Cosmo, and I'm sure you will as there are many things that can help you nowadays, and I'm sure your mum will do everything she can to help you get through your disease.

kimlovescats
09-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Cosmo looks like a big loverboy! Is he a Maine Coon / mix???? He reminds me of my big sweet guy, Dexter! How old is he? I've never had a kitty DX with kidney disease but I have read that many can live with it for a long time and do very well! Please keep us updated and keep those HANDSOME pics coming!!! ;)

Kim

elizabethann
09-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments. And Cosmo thanks you too. It was nice to see pictures of other kidney kitties. Especially Cosmo's twin (separated at birth?)

Cosmo is a Maine Coon/mix. He's actually from Maine so I just call him a Maine Coon. He is 11 years old. I got him as a kitten.

Thanks again! :)

Catsnclay
09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
My Fluffy - which I tried to post his picture but am having technical problems today :rolleyes: can also be Ripley & Cosmo's brother, AND he is a kidney cat too!

Fluffy found us 17 years ago this past spring (doctors said he was an adult, so that makes him....??) he has been nothing but the greatest cat :D

There must be something about a Maine Coon - nothing, and I mean nothing bothers or upsets this cat. He is even tempered and always the love-bug. He has also been the mother hen to both of his brothers.

I am currently doing SubQ's x 2 a week and he seems to be doing fine, but like us humans, he has good and bad days - today being a bad day :(

Kidney cats do well, but keep an extra eye on them!