PDA

View Full Version : Arg!!!! Madison is in Heat and can't be spayed

MajesticCollies
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Well that was a waste of time at the vet for Madison to be spayed. Now I have to play the separation game and keep her and Steele in different rooms. Every time I do this I feel like I'm confining one from the pack. They just give me those sad collie eyes as to say please let me be with everyone. But.... I know ole Steele's tricks and it won't work with me. Steele and Madison will just have to take turns with everyone. I usually put boxer shorts on the female, but with Madison being 7 mos old, Steele would just over power her. Poor Maddy. Wish me luck for this insane ritual I have to go through.;) The worst part is the person who tri State Rescue picked for Maddy contacted me today and is so excited. Looks like she may have to wait a month or so.

Suki Wingy
09-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Well, I've never had to do that before. It's good someone is interested in her thought!

My Peanuts
09-06-2006, 05:13 PM
This happened to Sylvia. She was supposed to be spayed and days before the surgery she went into heat. The vet wouldn't spy her until it was over. Our only male, at the time, was Harley and he was already neutered. There was no fear of her getting pregnant, but they still had to be separated. It was hard. Good Luck!

Are any males in the house neutered?

MajesticCollies
09-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Are any males in the house neutered? Yes, Brutus is Nuetered. He can care less when the females are in heat.

BC_MoM
09-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Oy, good luck! :p

Dorothy39
09-06-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't know who to pity the most, Madison or YOU :eek:

sorry for the "change" in events!!!!!!!! :o

sanford8916
09-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Lou Lou went into heat before we could get her fixed but our male dog is fixed. Even though we have a privacy fence, I still watched her everytime she was outside, to many naughty dog owners in our neighborhood and I didn't want anyone scaling the fence to get to her! She get spayed on September 18 now! Lou Lou was so messy when she was in heat, lots of baths and lots of carpet cleaner, she wouldn't keep anything on her bottom! Good luck to you! :)