PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's over...

wolf_Q
05-29-2002, 01:57 PM
High School that is.........I'm graduating tomorrow.......and I don't know whether to be happy or sad lol.

CountryWolf07
05-29-2002, 02:00 PM
AMY! I didn't know you were going to graduate tomorrow?! Well! Congratulations :) Be happy and sad, or either.. be happy that you'll be done, but be sad that you're going to be moving on.. lol ya know, I'll be here and when you start college, you BETTER keep in touch with me!! I know I'm going to cry next year when I graduate.. - Rachel

wolf_Q
05-29-2002, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I was kind of trying to pretend it wasn't happening lol. I'm pathetic. But then I had to realize it when we did the graduation practice yesterday. I'm going to be so nervous. I did get gold cords, and I get to sit on the stand. I'm just glad they didn't ask me to speak or anything, I'd kill them. Kristen has to read names. Haha!

I'm going to miss it all. Even though I never went to a single dance or football game...I had fun too. As long as I don't loose touch with Cassie or Melissa I'll be ok. I think I'll go and visit my art teacher or something next year too. Bleh, I still don't know what to do about college. What am I going to do with a degree in art? lol. I have no skills, I'm in idiot. Oh well, I guess idiots have to get a job too. ;)

No I will never lose touch with ya, Rach. Maybe I'll even get to come and see you and your doggies when I'm no longer poor!

sasvermont
05-29-2002, 02:15 PM
Think of your life as a book, and hey, this is probably chapter, 4 or whatever number you would like to make it. On to the next chapter. And may those chapters get more exciting and filled with love and tenderness! And prosperity!

sammi
05-29-2002, 03:29 PM
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful time at your graduation!!!!

Logan
05-29-2002, 03:43 PM
Graduation should be a joyous time for you, Amy!!! With your talent, I'm sure you will go far in life. :)

Best of luck to you!!!

Logan

Presley
05-29-2002, 03:52 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Be both.. It is a wonderful experiance!!! I do hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow :D

Karen
05-29-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Yeah, I was kind of trying to pretend it wasn't happening lol. I'm pathetic. But then I had to realize it when we did the graduation practice yesterday. I'm going to be so nervous. I did get gold cords, and I get to sit on the stand. I'm just glad they didn't ask me to speak or anything, I'd kill them. Kristen has to read names. Haha!

I'm going to miss it all. Even though I never went to a single dance or football game...I had fun too. As long as I don't loose touch with Cassie or Melissa I'll be ok. I think I'll go and visit my art teacher or something next year too. Bleh, I still don't know what to do about college. What am I going to do with a degree in art?

Hey! I have a degree in Art - Illustration to be exact, a BFA. I am gainfully employed in the field, and have been since graduating college. There has never been a more exciting time to be an artist. With the advent of the World wide web, your art can be seen by people all over the world. And while engineers can make websites, they need artists make them usable, functional and good looking! (no offense to any engineers out there...)

I know more unemployed law school graduates than art school graduates!

You are graduating - be glad! No more of the same old, same old - the world is at your feet, and you do not need to lose touch with those you care about, either. Enjoy, be glad - it's called commencement because it's the beginning of something - life!

Sam's My Baby
05-29-2002, 04:02 PM
CONGRATS! :)

tatsxxx11
05-29-2002, 04:32 PM
I know this Amy.. Whatever road life's journey takes you down, you will never lose your way. You are such a lovely young woman and I know that great things lay ahead of you! Change is always a little scary. But, you'll never change from the person you are. So, cry a little, laugh a little, remember the good times, stay in touch with those you care about and enjoy the ride! Congratulations to you sweet Amy!!!

Dixieland Dancer
05-29-2002, 08:12 PM
Congratulations Amy! The whole world is a great big POSSIBILITY for you now. Never consider yourself an idiot. With your talent and generous spirit, you have a beginning a lot of graduates don't. I know because I was one of the ones that didn't have a clue. At least you know you will always have your talent to fall back on.

P.S. I am still wanting a portrait of my babies done by you!

Kfamr
05-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Congrats Amy!! I know you'll go far in life... i know it. I can't wait to get Highschool over with... erm i don't want to go :( I'll be in 9th next year, i have a week left. :(

AdoreMyDogs
05-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Congrats, Amy. Jeez it seems like a lifetime ago that I graduated high school. I wish you wonderful things as you move into a new chapter in your life. Yes change is scary. It's very normal to be happy and sad about graduation. It is the beginning of the rest of your life. Just know that you have great talent not only as an artist, but as an extreme animal lover.

Enjoy your graduation.

AdoreMyDogs
05-29-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Congrats Amy!! I know you'll go far in life... i know it. I can't wait to get Highschool over with... erm i don't want to go :( I'll be in 9th next year, i have a week left. :(

KayAnn, if there's one thing that I would take back from my childhood, it was wishing school would end. I know you have probablly heard this before, but you should cherish those years. Honestly. One day when you are an adult you will wish you could go back to elementary, middle or high school! It's a great time, even though you have homework and some kids are jerks and school food sucks. You are a great young lady, I'd hate to see you wishing school would end.

You'll be fine in High School. I hope you actually love it.

Gio
05-30-2002, 03:55 AM
Congratulations on your graduation! DOn't even dare to think that you're an idiod because you're not. You are talented and I'm sure that there are 100s of door open for someone like you. :)

Heather Wallace
05-30-2002, 06:18 AM
Enjoy your day!

anna_66
05-30-2002, 07:28 AM
Oh Amy, Congrats!! How could you possibly even think your an idiot?! That's just crazy talk! Your such a talented person. My cousin was an artist, and now, she builds buildings and rollercoasters!! There is so many things you can do with an art degree, like Karen said. I know you will make it far in this life:D

Hope you have a wonderful day today, & don't be too nervous!
Anna

ramanth
05-30-2002, 08:17 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Have a great day today! Take lots of pictures!! :D

jackiesdaisy1935
05-30-2002, 08:54 AM
CONGRATULATIONS AMY and please pursue your career in art, you are a very talented young lady and do wonderful work. This is just the beginning I believe of a wonderful career in art. Have fun, then get to work. lol
Jackie

Albea
05-30-2002, 12:16 PM
CONGRATULATIONS AMY!!!
Karen is right. There are so many things you can do with an art degree. You are very talented and will be able to explore areas of design that you didn't even know existed.
I have both undergraduate and graduate degrees in art and can tell you that nothing will make you happier than to spend the rest of your life doing something you love.By the way, I never spent a day of my adult life unemployed.
Have fun at your graduation and let us know what you decide to do.

05-30-2002, 12:23 PM
well !!!

C O N G R A T U L A T I I O N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a new start in you life !!
have good luck !!

mugsy
05-30-2002, 12:45 PM
Congrats Amy, I know I had a great time in high school, but college is great too. I'm happy for you...I actually DO remember my high school graduation even though it was 22 years ago!! lol

CountryWolf07
05-30-2002, 01:24 PM
Hey.. I agree with you about not "rushing" through the years.. it'll definitely fly by, so fast you probably can't see it.., and KayAnn, I have ONE more year left, I have 4 more days left of my Junior year. The years flew by so fast, I don't know where they went, but I'm having a great time. Trust me, you'll love High school, just promise me you won't rush through! Once you're out of high school, you're done. You're on your own in college..[ So.. Enjoy it while the years go by! :) - Rachel

ramanth
05-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Bleh, I still don't know what to do about college. What am I going to do with a degree in art? lol.

I just graduated from college with an Associates in Computer Graphics Multimedia. I now work full time for a local Law School as a Web Technician. :D I make a pretty good salary and I have awesome benefits.

You can do ANYTHING with an art degree. GO FOR IT! :)

ramanth
05-30-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I know more unemployed law school graduates than art school graduates!

And here I am an Art Graduate working at a Law School... LOL!!!

I'm the web artist that makes the pages pretty and useable.. :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-31-2002, 05:53 AM
Congrats, Amy! I am sure you will figure things out. Just keep your cool and don't freak out about the whole situation. You will miss your old friends, but will make new ones on the way as well.

LoudLou
05-31-2002, 12:30 PM
http://www.smilies.nl/groot/graduate.gif Congratulations! Let life BEGIN! You'll have a blast!

wolf_Q
06-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to say thanks everybody! Sorry I didn't reply earlier but there was a graduation party right after, and then I left to go camping. It's a busy week, my birthday is tomorrow too lol. Anyway, I really appreciate all of your comments! Oh, and I didn't meant to imply that an art degree wasn't worth anything. More like ME having one. I have no people skills. And well, I live in the thriving metropolis of Utah.......there's probably not many options for that here. But of course a career in art is something I know I would *love.*

Pic of me with my friend Melissa. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-06-2002, 11:21 PM
:eek: WOW :eek:
You have some beautiful long hair **wanting long hair**
Don't know how I missed this thread earlier...(thought I replied to it already :o :o ) soooo A VERY HAPPY BELATED CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!