PDA

View Full Version : OK, I feel bad about constantly asking for your opinions, but...

mustlovedogs
09-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Would you mind helping me again? I do feel bad about always asking for your help on everything, like what should I name my two businesses, etc... I would really appreciate it if you could give some help for this. Thank you so much!! :D

I want to write a book/story about dogs.
I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas as to what my story should be about (for example, the life of a dog, or anything like that is good too :) ). I would really like it if the subject that you come up with would be enough for me to write a whole story with! Thank you so much!
I was also wondering if anyone would tell my their favorite names for dogs (girl and boy names are fine), or their favorite breeds of dogs. Any help would be really appreciated, thank you all SO much! I think this is going to be so fun to write, and while I'm writing it, I'll keep you all posted and show you the end product! :D

Dorothy39
09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Wow, That sounds exciting to me!!!!!

If I were to consider such an endeavor, I would choose an aspect that I am interested in and know a lot about.

Pack Behavior~Canine Instincts~ How each breed was created~ , are just a few of my favorite topics. I just have too much to research on each , and a lot to learn before I actually know anything to write about!!! ;) )

I remember reading a book , quite a few years ago titled "The Hidden Life of Dogs". The author (I've forgotton her name) kept track of a pack of dogs and gave each them names. It was sort of like a Jane Goodall (sp?) documentary, only about Dogs.

I loaned the book to my daughter :rolleyes:

I look forward to your chapters!!!!! Go for it!!!!!!

I don't have a favorite breed, or , a favorite name, I just "adore" dogs!!!! ;)

Laura's Babies
09-05-2006, 10:53 PM
I think someone needs to write a story about a pet that had the spoiled pampered life, love and all the comforts of life, then suddenly finds itself given to someone who thinks a dog is a animal that needs to be kept outside on a chain. (The heartbreak that his family didn't want him anymore, the horror and confusion of how he is treated now...) he escapes and has to learn how to find shelter, food and hopefully, someone to love him. The cruelity he endures at the hands of the humans, the hunger when he can't find food, the depression he suffers at the way his life has gone.

The life that many pets suffer every day......

luvofallhorses
09-05-2006, 10:58 PM
I agree with Laura's_Babies that is such a great idea! :)

areias
09-05-2006, 11:10 PM
I think someone needs to write a story about a pet that had the spoiled pampered life, love and all the comforts of life, then suddenly finds itself given to someone who thinks a dog is a animal that needs to be kept outside on a chain. (The heartbreak that his family didn't want him anymore, the horror and confusion of how he is treated now...) he escapes and has to learn how to find shelter, food and hopefully, someone to love him. The cruelity he endures at the hands of the humans, the hunger when he can't find food, the depression he suffers at the way his life has gone.

The life that many pets suffer every day......

There is a book similar to that, an older book, and my gosh I can't remember the name, but it has always stuck with me ever since I first read it. It's at my moms house, I'll find it tomorrow, but I would definately recommend reading it. Although it starts with the dog being a stray, it follows the dog through its life, similar to Black Beauty.

I would love to see a book along the lines of that one HBO special, Shelter Dogs..a book of 'short stories' of various shelter dogs around the country. I love reading stuff like that.

G535
09-06-2006, 03:17 AM
Far too many sad animal books out there, write something happy for a change. :)

mustlovedogs
09-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Wow, you all had some great ideas! :D I'm really sorry that I didn't reply for a couple days, I've been really busy with school, and don't have alot of time on the computer anymore. Those were some really good ideas you all came up with! I'm really excited to start my story. I'll have to post my story and ideas as I go, and I'm just really excited to start. In fact, I am going to go start my first draft in a few minutes! :D