PDA

View Full Version : FAQ's, How To's, etc.

Blue_Frog
09-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi All,

I had some free time today (between product releases), so I started browsing through the site - in particular the FAQ section - and I got to thinking. How could we improve this section to help address some of the reoccurring questions that come up in the forums?

So, I wrote up a PDF document outlining how to use the Forum Search Feature, as an example of a walkthrough (FAQ / How To type document).

I write manuals for my job, and have previously run technical knowledgebases for a couple of different companies. I frequently have free time (as well as access to publication software) and would be more than happy to pick away at making docs for some of the more common questions if ...

1. This is OK with Karen (and the powers-that-be) :)
2. The rest of the members think that it would be useful, and add value to POTD

So, I've posted my example below -- please take a look, and post your comments / suggestions / thoughts / etc.

*edit: The PDF file may cause issues opening - i have included a zipped up version for download as well *

Randi
09-05-2006, 03:51 PM
I think it's a good idea that newcomers read FAQ's, I did when I joined. Even some of us who have been here for years could benefit from a look now and again. :)

catnapper
09-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Wow, thats well written, and easy to follow!

I think its a fabulous idea!

k9krazee
09-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Wow, thats well written, and easy to follow!

I think its a fabulous idea!

My thoughts exactly! :D