PDA

View Full Version : Steve Irwins remains to be fed to his crocs - not a real story

Lori Jordan
09-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Australian Government Offers State Funeral for Crocodile Hunter
Submitted by Andrusha Bonnelin on Mon, 2006-09-04 19:29. international
SYDNEY, Australia - Australian Prime Minister John Howard has offered a state funeral for the late zookeeper and TV entertainer Steve Irwin, better known as the "Crocodile Hunter". Irwin, 44, was killed yesterday by a stingray over Australia's Barrier Reef.

Irwin was a great admirer of Prime Minister Howard, whom he once described as "the greatest leader in the world". Around the same time, the Australian government paid Irwin $175,000 (Australian) for one day's filming for a 60-second quarantine advertisement.

"Not bad for a day's government work", Irwin said at the time.

Mr. Howard praised Irwin as the embodiment of the entrepreneurial, self-reliant Australian character. According to the editor of the Australian Guinness Book of Records, Mark Jones, Irwin had a unique career, in which he held the record as Human Being Most Annoying to Reptiles for twelve successive years.

A family friend of the Irwins told reporters: "Steve was annoying reptiles since he could crawl - poking snakes with sticks, lifting up rocks to disturb sleeping lizards, you name it". The same source said that it was typical of Irwin that he was always trying to extend his repertoire.

"For the last few years, Steve has been trying to get the record for Human Being Most Annoying to Marine Wildlife", a record on which the Japanese whaling industry has long had a stranglehold. Irwin came close to the record in 2004, when he was widely criticized for molesting whales, seals and penguins in Antarctica. An unnamed associate of Irwin said: "Steve must have been close to cracking the record for annoying marine wildlife. Only three people have ever been killed by stingrays, so he must have been really annoying it".

In 2004, Irwin was a runner-up for another record, Most Bizarre Act of Parenting, after he dangled his one-month old baby Bob over a crocodile enclosure, but, as always, he was beaten to this record by Michael Jackson.

Irwin's family have declined the offer of a state funeral, saying that the modest and retiring Crocodile Taunter would have preferred a quiet private ceremony. His remains will be fed to his crocodiles at the Beerwah reptile park known as Australia Zoo. As the family friend told one reporter: "After all the years of Steve annoying those crocodiles, it's only fair."

CathyBogart
09-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Well, I guess it does seem rather fitting...

caseysmom
09-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Thats the most disgusting thing I have ever heard.

buttercup132
09-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Ewww:confused:

My Peanuts
09-05-2006, 02:40 PM
WOW! It's probably what he would have wanted, but isn't that going to make them thirsty for human blood? Well, I guess they are anyway, so there really won't be any difference.

K9soul
09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Can you post the link for that? I can't find anything about it anywhere and a search for that author does not bring it up for me :confused:

EDIT: I've read it over a few more times after the initial shock, and it seems completely mocking and untrue to me. Here is a link to a legitimate article that talks about what may be happening with his funeral and memorial: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20362120-601,00.html

Miss Z
09-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Hmmmm, well, I suppose if that's what he wanted....:confused:

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-05-2006, 03:05 PM
That entire article seems false to me and is just focusing on negative things. I too couldn't find anything stating that he was going to be fed to the crocs on an internet search....I have a feeling this is probably just some made up story and the start of yet another rumour about him since he's passed...I could be wrong, of course, but this just doesn't seem right.

MajesticCollies
09-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Now I think thats a Croc.... Get it? Maybe they mean to feed his ashes to the crocs. Can you imagine his kids watching that. Come on No Way!!!

caseysmom
09-05-2006, 03:15 PM
I think this is not true at all.

K9soul
09-05-2006, 03:22 PM
According to the editor of the Australian Guinness Book of Records, Mark Jones, Irwin had a unique career, in which he held the record as Human Being Most Annoying to Reptiles for twelve successive years.

I could find nothing about that either, and as far as I know, records books are factual based and that is not some statistical fact that could be recorded or proved. I would be very surprised to find out this article is legit.

cmayer31
09-05-2006, 03:22 PM
This appears to be a false notice from a jerk who can't respect the family of someone who just passed away. I would love to see the original link to this and the site that posted it. If there are any facts available to back this I have yet to see them.

There's always critics out there, and Steve Irwin may have appeared reckless in much of what he did. However his work has brought attention to a large number of animlas. Look at all the spinoffs now on TV of his work. It is largely in part to him and his antics that so many people watch animal planet type shows and that they are considered normal.

I'm offended at the tone that the writer took and wonder if he/she even knew Irwin personally to write such things.

Vela
09-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I think that is just a bunch of crap and poeple ought not post things like that without an appropriate link to where that content came from. Just disrespectful.

Jadapit
09-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I did some research, I found the link to this story. It looks to be like The National Enquirer, a whole lot of crap. There's an article saying Britney Spears has been attacked by her pet pineapple. Now that has to be true also right? :rolleyes:

http://www.brainsnap.com/international/440/australian_government_offers_state_funeral_for_cro codile_hunter

Blue_Frog
09-05-2006, 03:41 PM
I think it might be from a humour site -- like The Onion -- the only link i could find was :

http://www.brainsnap.com/international/440/australian_government_offers_state_funeral_for_cro codile_hunter

Some of their other featured articles include such things as "MacGyver Implicated in Airline Terror Plot" and "Australian Navy Equipped With New Armoured Surfboards" etc.

Edit: I posted at about the same time as Jadapit :\

petslover
09-05-2006, 03:44 PM
I think that is very sickening and is not considered humor at all. That is disrespectful to his family and friends. I would not want anyone saying or posting that about my family or friends. It would make me upset.

That's awful.

Vela
09-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Sorry but it's tasteless for anyone to MAKE a story like that, and tasteless for someone to post a story like that. The man died, he's DEAD, let's not make fun of his family and friends' pain over the situation by posting such garbage. It's hurtful and imagine how you would feel if it was YOU and yoru family. Egads, that's just nasty to do.

K9soul
09-05-2006, 03:50 PM
I do not think it is funny or appropriate at all. If it's posted at all it should: 1) Have a disclaimer first that it's not a real news story and 2) be in the Doghouse. I find it the whole thing sickening and extremely disrespectful.

My Peanuts
09-05-2006, 04:02 PM
I searched for it on google and I think it's false too. If that was what he wanted, fine, but this appears to be a hoax.

Karen
09-05-2006, 04:05 PM
The story is from Brainsnap:

Brainsnap is a revolutionary tabloid. Our contributors coined the term Reality Journalism, a new approach to presenting the news that strives to present the truth to readers, rather than fabrications on behalf of corporate interests. Only the facts are changed to preserve the truth at Brainsnap. Brainsnap Online consists of sections of 'reality news' that is even more reliable than Fox News, as well as eCards, stories, film reviews, Brainsnap Guides and blogs.

Definition of Brainsnap
1. Brainsnap (Australian colloq.): Behave or cause to behave irrationally and uncontrollably, with enthusiasm, excitement, fear, or madness. To lose one's temper.
2. An underground newspaper run by anti-corporate revolutionaries. see Brainsnap for more information.
3. A type of wildebeeste or gnu.

It is made up, it is not true, and I not only moved this to The Dog House, but changed the title to reflect the untruth.

JenBKR
09-05-2006, 04:13 PM
How sad that some people find that funny :( Not classy at all. RIP Steve

Argranade
09-05-2006, 04:44 PM
You know people just dont have respect these day's its horrible I would not even want to call this man crazy :mad: its what he loved to do he knew the risks and took them he said he was not scared too die.

That sting ray got him right in the heart so hopefuly it was fast and he did not feel any pain it would be horrible if he did.

Know what also bother's me when people compare him to Michel Jackson.

That is the most stupid thing. Steve knew what he was doing when he put his child near that ''Croc'' he's done it all his life I was not shocked when I heard it on the new's not at all.

Let the man rest in peace.

RedHedd
09-05-2006, 05:34 PM
There's an article saying Britney Spears has been attacked by her pet pineapple. Now that has to be true also right? :rolleyes: You mean it's not! :eek: :p

They also had this article on that site:

Airline Ban on Coke, Mentos After Bomb Fears

WASHINGTON, DC - Homeland Security and civil aviation authorities have announced that passengers on airline flights will no longer be permitted to carry Diet Coke or Mentos on board aircraft. This follows reports that simple bomb-making and rocket projectile instructions using these ingredients have been circulating widely on the internet.

A Homeland Security spokesman, who declined to be named, told Brainsnap:

"People carry Mentos onto planes. They say it's to keep their breath fresh, or to suck on so their ears don't pop. But if they mix it with Diet Coke, which they can even ask for on board, you have the essential ingredients for a primitive bomb or rocket projectile. They could go to the toilet and mix it all up and shake it until it's ready to blow. You then have a potentially lethal weapon."

Airlines are expected to announce that Diet Coke will no longer be served on domestic and international flights to or from the US, in case a passenger has succeeded in smuggling Mentos on board. Diet Coke will also be banned from passengers' cabin luggage. Airport security equipment is being upgraded in order to enable testing for Mentos when passengers and baggage are screened. Homeland Security personnel are believed to be currently testing a range of other soft drinks and confectionery, in order to determine whether further bans are necessary.

Knowing how our Homeland Security uh, works :rolleyes: this just MIGHT be true!

Danegirl2208
09-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Now I think thats a Croc.... Get it? Maybe they mean to feed his ashes to the crocs. Can you imagine his kids watching that. Come on No Way!!!

i agree..

lbaker
09-05-2006, 06:17 PM
When I read the title it clearly said "this is not true". So I read the rest of as satire, very much as someone said "like The Onion" - quite funny at times. Only when Karen said she moved it to the DogHouse and changed the title to reflect the satire with which it was written that I figured it wasn't posted with that clear designation. Had it been from the beginning - well, it wasn't. Pity.

Lori Jordan
09-05-2006, 06:37 PM

Lori Jordan
09-05-2006, 06:39 PM
How was i supposed to know that i tyed in on Google "Steve Irwins Funeral".Do you think i think this as a joke,i'm not disrespectful,i simply seen that,regardless im not that cold but from some of the remarks i must be,

Lori Jordan
09-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Sorry but it's tasteless for anyone to MAKE a story like that, and tasteless for someone to post a story like that. The man died, he's DEAD, let's not make fun of his family and friends' pain over the situation by posting such garbage. It's hurtful and imagine how you would feel if it was YOU and yoru family. Egads, that's just nasty to do.

I did not mean anything by that seriously get a grip,This is just typical it really is,like i would laugh i read that and posted it how am i supposed to know how much truth is to that.

Lori Jordan
09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I just want to clear things up,Maybe i should of not posted that by seeing the replies,But what if it was true,i still am not sure,i don't have a clue,His wishes would be respected right?I have been looking over all sites about this tragedy and for some of the remarks about"thinking that is funny" I did not think i deserved that at all,I in no way shape or form would think that was funny,But as reading it i did think it was true,and if it isnt than we will hear about lawsuits on whoever wrote that by the family,I thought it was true he is such a wacky guy the things he did,For all i know it could be in his will,It is something he most likely wanted,Regardless i did not appreciate the remarks like i'm smart enough to make something like that up or have the connections,i posted the same message in another comm and ya know what they said,"That is so him,leaving himself to his crocs"
I agree if that was my husband,i would not something false made up of him,but until i hear or see different i will go along with him leaving himself to his crocs,it aint that bad,and like his children would be there to see something like that,Who knows i shall keep looking around even my vet said the same thing he heard it so i dont know what side im on,But i do not need to be known as a bad person.

K9soul
09-05-2006, 07:47 PM
I think you are misunderstanding people's responses when they say it's not funny. The site that had the "story," Brainsnap, posted it to be funny, and that is what people mean when they say it's not funny, at least that is what I meant. I'm sure you thought it was a real article. Just try to look at the source though before posting something as a news story, if it's not from a major news source i.e. CNN etc, it may not necessarily be a real news article. Often you can do some searching on the page you find it and get an idea if it's real or not. If you aren't sure though, just post a link so people can check it out. It just seems really morbid to me and a lot of things in the "article" seemed completely bogus, which is why I questioned it.

This is such a tragedy so people are really sensitive about it, especially since it's so new, and it was just upsetting to some to see something like that which seems to make light of it. Not that YOU were making light of it, but who ever wrote that article was. I hope this clears things up a bit.

cmayer31
09-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi Lori,

My post was not directed at you. I am disgusted by the person who made this story up; the person at brainsnap. I guess I can see where the idea of Steve Irwin’s remains being fed to his crocs might have some legitimacy to it.

However, the part that really annoyed me, again written by someone at brainsnap, is the utter distaste that the person used to portray Steve Irwin.

Things mentioned in the article like "…according to the editor of the Australian Guinness Book of Records, Mark Jones, Irwin had a unique career, in which he held the record as Human Being Most Annoying to Reptiles for twelve successive years." are a direct attack at Steve Irwin’s life work and passion. This is a fictitious record that was made up as slander toward Steve's way of life. Another part for example ” "For the last few years, Steve has been trying to get the record for Human Being Most Annoying to Marine Wildlife", a record on which the Japanese whaling industry has long had a stranglehold.” makes a mockery of Steve Irwin’s passion for marine life. This one hurts the most because it was in a marine environment that he was killed. The way it relates Steve Irwin to the Japanese whaling industry is disgusting. The whaling industry of any nation kills in cold blood, Steve worked to educate, and that comparison is just downright dirty.

His life, precious for the simple fact that he was a good man that did a lot for others and animals, is ridiculed by whoever wrote this atrocious column. You posted it with the intent of an FYI. I don’t think anyone holds you accountable for the column being written. I think it was a misunderstanding, but when you pull the column apart you well see that it is a terrible misrepresentation of Steve’s life, intentions, and mannerisms.

Honestly, if I were to come face to face with whoever wrote this originally it would be very hard for me not to clobber the person. Yes it irritates me that much. I hate paparazzi, tabloids, and anyone else who purposely and knowingly spreads lies about anyone. The way our media feeds off of tragedy disgusts me.

Again, I wasn't angry at you for posting this. I am angry at the inconsiderate twit, Andrusha Bonnelin, that created it.

Craig.

K9soul
09-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Craig, VERY well put. You said so eloquently why the "article" really inflamed me. Again all my disgust was towards the author of it, not you Lori.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2006, 03:44 AM
That is just so NOT funny.........shows total disrespect for the man and his grieving family. Hope to God Terri Irwin never gets to see it

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 08:40 AM
I just looked again,and the article is still up,i have read nothing else on it so far,

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I just looked again,and the article is still up,i have read nothing else on it so far,

Have just sent them a message "you're sick" and left it at that

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm sure,as thousands have read this there will be a lawsuit for deflemation of character,Terri is a nice women but i do not think she would put up with that for her kids sake,I seen Bindi on tv last night she is such a wellminded little girl.

caseysmom
09-06-2006, 09:02 AM

I hope you don't believe this garbage, this article is total B.S.

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Not now but how was i supposed to know when i first read it?

caseysmom
09-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Not now but how was i supposed to know when i first read it?

By looking at the source it was coming from...did you look at some of their other articles? Such as Planet Pluto was going to commit suicide.

Vela
09-06-2006, 09:55 AM
It helps to look at the source of a story before posting it as news, the whole website is a bunch of lies and stupid fake stories, and they even state on this on their website. It's just something to learn for the future, no need to get so upset about it. Just look as the sources first, if they talk about pet pineapples attacking people..then you can bet it's fake. The National Enquirer isn't real either...same type of stuff.

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 09:58 AM
I did not see the pineapple story,as i said,i typed"Steve Irwins Funeral" on google and that was the first story i got,I did not mean anything by that,Just by him being a whacky guy,nothing would surprise me with him he had no fear in his life,i just thought it was lagit,

K9soul
09-06-2006, 10:03 AM
The "article" will stay up and there won't be any lawsuits, because it's a parody site, and they state right up front that the stories are not real stories. It's like watching something on Mad TV or some other spoof show. Most of the people who go there probably read there regularly for the "comedy" aspect. They are "mock news" articles and are not presented as being factual. So if you are waiting for something to happen with it or for it to be taken down, it won't happen.

It's odd you got it on a google search because when I typed in Steve Irwin's funeral (as soon as you posted this) I got nothing like that and still don't. It doesn't come up at all.

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 10:09 AM
http://news.google.ca/news?q=steve+irwins+funeral&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&oi=news&ct=title

scroll down i think it is the 6th article
Brainsnap (satire), MA - 4 Sep 2006
... A family friend of the Irwins told reporters: "Steve was annoying reptiles since he could crawl - poking snakes with sticks, lifting up rocks to disturb ... <<<<<

lbaker
09-06-2006, 10:19 AM
What is it about the word "SATIRE that isn't understood :confused:

K9soul
09-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Ah, I typed it with an apostrophe. I guess that is why.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2006, 10:25 AM
What is it about the word "SATIRE that isn't understood :confused:

That's not satire - just bad taste to publish it so soon but I guess the Steve Irwin jokes will start doing the rounds soon................

K9soul
09-06-2006, 10:26 AM
She means it says right in the heading on the google search that it is satire, meaning that it's meant as comedy, and that is how you'd know right away that it's not a real article.

Brainsnap (satire), MA - 4 Sep 2006

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2006, 10:28 AM
She means it says right in the heading on the google search that it is satire, meaning that it's meant as comedy, and that is how you'd know right away that it's not a real article.

Ahhhh..........the penny drops :rolleyes:

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I did not type that in it is just in the title of the document.

Ginger's Mom
09-06-2006, 10:45 AM
I did not type that in it is just in the title of the document.
Yes, that was the point. You immediately knew before you even clicked on the link that it was not a true story.

caseysmom
09-06-2006, 10:47 AM
I guess we are all just saying you need to be a bit more careful about something like this before posting it as a news article. You should have seen the word satire and known it for what it was. Especially when it comes to an article that disrespects the dead.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2006, 10:52 AM
I guess we are all just saying you need to be a bit more careful about something like this before posting it as a news article. You should have seen the word satire and known it for what it was. Especially when it comes to an article that disrespects the dead.

Tell that to the idiots at Brainsnap - doesn't seem to bother them much although I guess we don't have to read it do we?

caseysmom
09-06-2006, 10:54 AM
We shouldn't spread it for the idiots....thats all I am saying.

Vela
09-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I guess Lori jus didn't recognize the word satire for what it means.

We know you didn't type it...the fact that it's there, posted right on the link, just means it is NOT intended as truthful news so it shocked people that someone would post something like that in the light of what happened to Steve. At least it's something to learn from, everyone check their sources before posting things as fact. And yes it upset people because many people care about what happened to him and now his poor wife and family having to deal with it, it was horrifying to read such a thing. You obviously didn't post it intending to upset people, but just be careful of your sources, good lesson for everyone. To me it's NOT satirical, in fact it's digusting that someone would make up that story and post it as a joke.

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Yes, that was the point. You immediately knew before you even clicked on the link that it was not a true story.

Not at all i didnt even read that,just the story,regardless it is over and done with.

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 11:26 AM
We shouldn't spread it for the idiots....thats all I am saying.
For your information i was not spreading anything,i did not go into this meaning anything do you mind backing off this is over with.what is done is done sorry it upset you but im not putting up with fingers being pointed at me if i went into this laughing,then fine by all means go for it,but i didnt.I have said what i have to say and that is it.

caseysmom
09-06-2006, 12:27 PM
This bothered me and others, we have a right to tell say that, why are you getting so defensive?

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Your iggnorance towards me,As to getting deffensive,If standing up for myself is classified as being deffensive then so be it i already explained everything i needed to so it should be dropped but you keep going.Also if you have the right i guess i have the right to stand up for myself it was something i read,posted,im sorry it upset you,But by pointing the finger at me like i had something to do with it is wrong,I'm sure if you were the one getting iggnorance on a daily basis,you would be a little mad also,Everything i post in here anymore is always negative.

caseysmom
09-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Everything i post in here anymore is always negative.

Thats not my fault.

Lori Jordan
09-06-2006, 12:43 PM
It aint mine either.

RICHARD
09-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Mixed feelings about this thread.

Again, while not a huge fan of the Croc Hunter, I was afraid that one day he'd be the first course of an animal he was showcasing.

I think there is a great deal of irony in the whole story.

Being killed by a relatively docile animal.
Dying in the ocean and not on land.
The swiftness of the accident as opposed to being munched to death.

I would have thought he would have lost a digit or limb before he lost his life.

In some strange way I think he'd laugh at the thought of being fed to a croc AFTER his death....

davidpizzica
09-06-2006, 03:32 PM
To me, the publishing or even thinking of such an article is in vey poor taste and very disresptful of Steve Irwin's memory and to his family who are still in shock and grief at his passing.

Alysser
09-06-2006, 03:47 PM
I cannot even believe someone found death funny and decided to make it into humor. Sure, Steve Irwin loved his crocs but that was part of his job! If he didn't love them, he would not have showed so many people what kind of creatures they really were. He did so much things for animal conservation its not even funny. What an a$$! This person needs to be slapped in the face over and over agian till his brain damage is fixed. :( People actually buy the "national inquirer"? Wow, thats sad.

Lori, I don't think anyone was trying to be rude to you. I think they were reffering to the sources of the story.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Lori, I don't think anyone was trying to be rude to you. I think they were reffering to the sources of the story.

Exactly! Group hug

What is it about the word "SATIRE that isn't understood

I though satire was meant to be funny or at least mildly amusing............

cloverfdx
09-07-2006, 10:38 AM
That's not satire - just bad taste to publish it so soon but I guess the Steve Irwin jokes will start doing the rounds soon................

Sadly they have already started.. actually they started within hours of the news :(.

I found this article & posting of it absolutly sickening... what a load of crap :mad:.

I am going to look into it, but i am thinking feeding the remains of a human to any animal would be illegal :confused:.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2006, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=cloverfdx]Sadly they have already started.. actually they started within hours of the news :(. [QUOTE]

Such is human nature I'm afraid - remember the Diana jokes, the 9/11 jokes..................maybe is a coping mechanism of sorts

BC_MoM
09-07-2006, 11:38 AM
I haven't heard any jokes yet, but my friend told it was funny he died and laughed, so I had to set her straight. ;)

I can't remember who said it, one of you said his death was totally ironic. WASN'T IT? TOO ironic, if you ask me.

Did anyone hear how he actually pulled the barb of the stingray out of his chest, and then the next second he was gone?

:(

I'm still so upset about this all.

ETA: Just heard my classmates joking and laughing about it. :mad:

RICHARD
09-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I can't remember who said it, one of you said his death was totally ironic. WASN'T IT? TOO ironic, if you ask me.

I just saw a movie where you are led to believe that the main character dies after achieving his dream.....He goes on for another 9 years going back to that dream.

Judging by what the Irwin accomplished, I think that most of us will die in some boring fashion, like in bed, alone and with no record of our passing.

If I die at my job,

I'll lie in a puddle of spit with my nose on the keyboard.

304ifegwqjerg[3u Will be my epitah..

Funny? The joke is on all of us...

We live our sucky lives and have to envy someone who's job was traveling around the world, working at 'job' that most of us would kill for.
Toss in a good looking partner, a few offspring and some T.V. shows?

Crikey!
I think I'll wake the cat up and have a good wrestle with him.

-------------------

He wasn't a good bloke......

He was Great! :D

K9soul
09-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Good point Richard. I agree that ultimately priority should be quality over quantity when it comes to life and how we live it. I hope in time the thought of the joy Steve had and accomplishments he made in his life will bring some comfort to his family, friends, and fans.

Vio&Juni
09-08-2006, 04:18 AM
You know, I always envied Steve - I bet he didn't have a morning when he woke up and said to himself: Maybe I won't go to work today - I'll call in sick. He loved his job and he did it with passion - he inspired so many people to look beyond their problems and needs and realize that nature conservation is a common job.

I am sorry he died, this means now we'll have one great person less on this planet.

Disgusted at the article.

Lori, I know you didn't understand, but I'd be more careful another time when posting.