PDA

View Full Version : Please Read

K & L
05-29-2002, 11:41 AM
Something you might consider responding to:

http://www.alleycat.org/

wolflady
05-29-2002, 12:41 PM
Geez!! :mad: How is a policy like THAT supposed to help anything?? I'm definitely going to respond to that. I still think TNR is the best way of controlling stray/feral populations. If it weren't for irresponsible people in the first place, we wouldn't have this problem...so instead of turning a blind eye...and killing the animals...they should be maintained. Come on everyone! Let's all write and tell them to revoke the policy!

AmberLee
05-29-2002, 05:39 PM
!!! How short-sighted can he get? Thanks for alerting us that this has come up again. Grrr.

Gio
05-30-2002, 04:14 AM
They'll be hearing from me as well. It's always the same old story: people create the mess, the animals pay for it.
:mad:

moosmom
05-30-2002, 04:32 PM
Wolflady,

You hit the nail right on the head! Cats wouldn't be feral if it weren't for irresponsible pet owners. The TNR program is the best considering the other options. It has been proven to work. And as my dad would say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!"

Having rescued MANY abandoned pets from military housing, I also believe that SOME people in the military should not be allowed to have pets.

Gio is right, people make the messes and the animals are the ones who pay the ultimate sacrifice.:mad: :mad:

AvaJoy
06-03-2002, 09:49 PM
Count me in . . . Grrrrrrr is my sentiment exactly!:mad:

toastco
06-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Grrr-----AND DOUBLE Grr with all of you on what you said about Feral Cats I have always become outraged at people who get animals and then grow tired of them and leave them to TRY TO TAKE Care Of THEIR Self. The depend on us to care for them, They are babies and there is no way they can take care of therselfs Count me in on the list to write to Protest this
Mom of several strays myself.

06-10-2002, 12:10 PM
Count me in too !!!
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE !!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :mad: :mad:

yorkster
06-12-2002, 05:59 PM
Wolflady.........you said exactily what I wanted to say! There is nothing I can add. What are these people thinking?????:(

kohala
06-14-2002, 02:05 AM
It is interesting that as the Navy promotes its Environmental program, they could be so short sighted in the "environmental" impact of this action. A co-worker of mine used to continually trap the feral kitties born to a queen that lived on the Naval Station here in San Diego. (He was unable to get the momcat.) He and his wife then found them homes, with the guarantee they would be neutered. I will look into the CNO's web site and send my protests, and also my EXTREME protest that anyone would be punished for TNR action on the base.

Give me a break - who do they think keeps the rat and mouse population under control - pest control?!?!? Oh, do cats do that?!?! :p :p On a shipyard !?!?!

more great thinking from the enlightened elite, I see

Sigh - so, do I get written up for my opinion? ;) Can't you see the headlines:"Woman arrested for removing cat from Naval Station":rolleyes: