PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Fridays Health Club #10: Even if you're on the right track...

christa
09-05-2006, 08:22 AM
You'll get run over if you just sit there!!!

We are up to WEEK TEN everyone!!!

The past few weeks have been slow . . . not so many posts. And although I know that everyone has been living really healthy, eating healthy & staying active, I would really like for you to share more & try to be more motivating for others all week long!

Remember, you can post meal plan ideas, workout ideas & routines, healthy snack ideas, weight loss updates, goals . . . whatever!

Have a good week everyone! ;)

PT Pounds Lost: 267 pounds!

beeniesmom
09-05-2006, 11:18 AM
I AM BACK ON TRACK TODAY.
Will try to be good this week.
I made that turkey, veggie soup and will have that for lunch.
It came out really good. I don't usually buy cabage but I put some in the soup and it came out nice.

dukedogsmom
09-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I haven't weighed myself at all. I've cut out a huge amount of sugar and have been eating lots of fruits and vegetables. I do the treadmill in the morning after work and swim at home. Having great results. I'm down two belt holes and my work pants are getting really loose.

Christa, I can't believe you've lost all that weight! That's great encouragement for the rest of us.

anna_66
09-05-2006, 11:56 AM
I've yet to post on any of these threads yet but I have been following and eating healthy right along with you all.

I started at the same time you posted the first thread and have slowly lost a total of 14 lbs which I'm really happy with. Now I can actually wear the old pants I had almost given up hope on:)

I did have a weak moment at the PT picnic on Sunday and ate all the yummy food everyone brought (well I did have to try it all;)) but I'm back on track now. Mark and I even went for a 10 mile bike ride last night through our towns bike path. I must be doing good biking and walking with the dogs because surprisingly my legs don't hurt.
----------------------
Now my problem...
I *HATE* to exercise, I mean I really despise it. I've tried different things, I'm even going through the Exercise on Demand I have on cable. Nothing can get me pumped about exercise. We even have a bowflex and I just keep saying "tomorrow" but tomorrow never comes. What can I do? Any suggestions?
I'm getting rid of the fat, now I want to get rid of the flab!

christa
09-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Christa, I can't believe you've lost all that weight! That's great encouragement for the rest of us.

Um . . . I haven't lost 169 pounds, if that's what you're saying. LOL . . . that is EVERYBODY'S total. I'm keeping a running total of pounds lost. :) Only 58 pounds of that is mine. :)

Which reminds me . . . KEEP ME UPDATED . . . if you lose a few, I'll add it to the "PT POUNDS LOST"!!! It's getting up there! ;)

dukedogsmom
09-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Um . . . I haven't lost 169 pounds, if that's what you're saying. LOL . . . that is EVERYBODY'S total. I'm keeping a running total of pounds lost. :) Only 58 pounds of that is mine. :)

Which reminds me . . . KEEP ME UPDATED . . . if you lose a few, I'll add it to the "PT POUNDS LOST"!!! It's getting up there! ;)
Too funny! I honestly haven't been keeping track. For me, it's easier never to weigh.

Flatcoatluver
09-05-2006, 07:01 PM
169!?!? Congrats everyone! I have not been doing very well, I have been excersising, but not eating healthy! It's a huge challange for me to eat well. Anybody know of any healthy deserts?

christa
09-05-2006, 09:43 PM
I started at the same time you posted the first thread and have slowly lost a total of 14 lbs which I'm really happy with. Now I can actually wear the old pants I had almost given up hope on:)----------------------
Now my problem...
I *HATE* to exercise, I mean I really despise it. I've tried different things, I'm even going through the Exercise on Demand I have on cable. Nothing can get me pumped about exercise. We even have a bowflex and I just keep saying "tomorrow" but tomorrow never comes. What can I do? Any suggestions?
I'm getting rid of the fat, now I want to get rid of the flab!

Congrats! I added your 14 lbs to our tally! ;)

Now . . . I don't know much about bowflex, but that is mostly strength training, right? resistance to build muscle? If you want to lose more, you probably need to incorporate some cardio. Do you do any cardio? Walk or anything?

anna_66
09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Do you do any cardio? Walk or anything?
Yes I do but I'm not great at it. I walk take both the girls for a 2 mile bike ride each then I take Bon for a one mile walk. It takes me around an hour. Biking is cardio right?

jazzcat
09-05-2006, 10:27 PM
I haven't been posting because I haven't been losing any weight. It seems like this summer I just keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. :mad: It's so frustrating but I know it is due to some health issues that I'm hopefully going to get straightend out soon.

As for my weight loss - I lost all my weight from April 2005 to May 2006 so I don't know if it should be included in the grand total but if it can put me down for 78 pounds. I still have more to go but it's just not coming off right now.

I am still going to the gym on a fairly regular basis (when I feel up to it) so at least I'm maintaining my exercise.

dragonfly
09-06-2006, 03:08 AM
169!?!? Congrats everyone! I have not been doing very well, I have been excersising, but not eating healthy! It's a huge challange for me to eat well. Anybody know of any healthy deserts?

Fruit is a really good dessert. I like a light yougurt with about 1 tablespoon of low fat granola stirred into it, I pretend it's an ice cream sundae. Quaker peanut butter chocolate chip rice cakes, they are 60 calories a cake and 1 gram of fat, but they make a great replacement for when you really want a candy bar.

Next week I get to really up my exercise as two of my boys will be off to school in the mornings. Once they are out the door the baby the dog and I will be off for a nice brisk walk. Plus I have been making sure to do more cooking at home and easing back into the whole foods type of diet. It's still hard since the hubby is working out of town and I'm so busy but it will be worth it.

JenBKR
09-06-2006, 09:35 AM
WOW 169! That's awesome! I have lost 34 so far, keeping it up! I also have a Bowflex, it has been a lot of help because I hate going to the gym, so I can stay home and exercise. I also have a gazelle, so I warm up on that and walking Roscoe, then I Bowflex 3 days a week. I have seem a big difference with it. I usually don't care much for exercising, but I have a tv in that room and I can watch tv while I work out, so that helps a lot. :)

As for healthy desserts, I like fat free sugar free fudgcicles... what's even better is take one off of the stick and put it in a bowl, out it in the microwave for about 7-8 seconds, add a spoonful of peanut butter and a little lite cool whip - yummy!

beeniesmom
09-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Some support please...
I am having major cravings fro chips...
I am at work and want to run downstairs and buy some.
No don't do it..... Ahhhhh help.

JenBKR
09-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Some support please...
I am having major cravings fro chips...
I am at work and want to run downstairs and buy some.
No don't do it..... Ahhhhh help.

Don't do it Carmen! Being thin is much tastier than those chips! You can resist!

beeniesmom
09-06-2006, 03:26 PM
I guess I'll shove a couple of pieces of gum in my mouth... :(

Toby's my baby
09-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Come on everybody!! Keep it up!! :D

Ok, so I thought all the snacking would stop when I went to school again for that fall....well, it did. Dead in its tracks. All I eat now is something yummy for breakfast, a SMALL lunch, and supper. Today was the first time I ate something else, but that was only because I was so hungry, I couldn't hardly stand it.

School lunch SUCKS. We have open campus, but I don't want to eat at Taco Johns and crap like that for lunch everyday! :o At school you can either go Ala Cart (sp) and get a bunch of different things, most of which aren't healthy (I've never been through that, the line is WAY too long, and the stuff I see ppl come out of there to eat makes me want to gag. (ginormous cookies, pizza burgers :rolleyes:) So far I had a part of a hamburger :o that was the driest thing I've eatten that I can remember, and I had the "school lunch" today, which was "taco's" or "puke on a plate". lol. It was disgusting.

I've lost about 3 pounds since Tuesday.

christa
09-09-2006, 04:27 PM
I've updated our PT pounds lost & look at it!!! 267!!!

beeniesmom
09-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Hey Beth, You should try packing your lunch. Thier are a lot of things you can bring with you that won't go bad and are certainly better than what the school has to offer.
Some things you could try:
Peanut butter sandwiches
Pasta or rice salad (with a little salad dressing instead of mayo).
Chicken salad with nuts and apples (little or no mayo)
Grilled Vegetable sandwiches
peanuts and raisins for snack
granola bars