PDA

View Full Version : What is *his* deal?

Sevaede
09-05-2006, 01:46 AM
For the past couple of days, Soni has decided that his meowmie is his BEST friend in the whole world. He is usually a daddys boy.

He has been licking/kissing me, kneading me (with claws, ouch!), cuddling, sleeping with me. Maybe he senses something that I am not aware of?

Heh, he has become a snacky pants lately! He has a new found (yet, picky) like for "people food". He just licked some fajita sauce off of my hand. He also had a finger nail sized bite of my Viennese-style Dulce de Leche rolled wafer cookies.

My boy is finally calming down. He is gaining weight and hubby refuses to believe that his cat is nearing 15 lbs (I estimate). ;)

Kim/catnapper, I feel that I have a duplicated Abby-Pouncer situation. Sonis Isis-annoying-times are less frequent but I fear that they are more severe as she SCREAMS. Then, meowmie seeks her out and Soni gives a "what, what did I do?" look and Isis gives a "save me!" look or just uses the opportunity to flee on her own. We are working on setting up barriers. The only door in the apartment is the front door. None at the top of the stairs, none in any room except the bathroom. Right now, we are using a heavy blanket to seperate the stairs from the hallway and another to seperate the bedroom from everything else. Hopefully, that way we can get them some seperate time. :)

OH! I am in the process of toilet training Soni and Isis and all is going SPECTACULAR. I love that they are so easy going and that makes things so much easier. (toilet training, love, baths, etc.).

OH! They told me to tell you that they, for my benefit, tolerate "The Dawg". They cuddle and play with her all the time. You know they like her or else they might have been laying down some pretty serious damage. :p Isis will seek Spanky out JUST to give her a swat and then run off! :p

Soni is staring into the mirror right now! o_O

Just thought I'd let everyone know what's up here! :D

CatLuvrs
09-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Must be wonderful to get lovins from Soni! How are you toilet training? Just curious on how you are doing it. :D

Laura's Babies
09-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Isn't it wonderful when their personalities continue to develop and when that means more lovin for YOU? Mine have become more affectionate too, maybe it's something in the southern air?

kimlovescats
09-05-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm glad to hear that things are coming along nicely! I sure would like to see some pictures too!!! ;)

catmandu
09-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Thats great that you are getting closer.
Some of the more aloof Cats like Rocca and John Hancock are thinking that the Old Man is not so bad after all.
Its great when your Cats love you as much as you love them.

Sevaede
09-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Must be wonderful to get lovins from Soni! How are you toilet training? Just curious on how you are doing it. :D

Heh, yup! Soni says he's a tough guy who's got a "rep" to protect so he can't be seen with girls. :cool: 'Specially not his meowmie.

For toilet training, I am going by what this woman did: http://www.karawynn.net/mishacat/toilet.html . :D

Sevaede
09-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Isn't it wonderful when their personalities continue to develop and when that means more lovin for YOU? Mine have become more affectionate too, maybe it's something in the southern air?

Indeed it is! They don't try to get away when I cradle them like I did when they were tiiiiiiiny kittens! :D Soni says it's the air or the FOOD! :D

Sevaede
09-05-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm glad to hear that things are coming along nicely! I sure would like to see some pictures too!!! ;)

Heh, I am saving up to get a camera soon. Hopefully it won't take too long and I'll be able to post pics! :D

Sevaede
09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Thats great that you are getting closer.
Some of the more aloof Cats like Rocca and John Hancock are thinking that the Old Man is not so bad after all.
Its great when your Cats love you as much as you love them.

Indeed, it makes me so glad that they're deciding that I'm pretty alright! :D

Rocca and JH? No way! Hmmm, maybe they know that they're cute? :D I am glad that they are coming around, as well! :D

rg_girlca
09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Awwww don't you just love it when one of them becomes a real lovebug. :)

I love how their personalities change as they get older.

Gee, maybe if you hint enough, Santa might bring you a camera for Christmas. :D

Sevaede
09-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Awwww don't you just love it when one of them becomes a real lovebug. :)

I love how their personalities change as they get older.

Gee, maybe if you hint enough, Santa might bring you a camera for Christmas. :D

Yes, it is awesome! I am really happy that they are happier! :D

Psssh. Santa needs a better job before he can get a camera for me for the holidays. :D haha! XD